Phone Signal Repeaters/boosters

somo

Have asked around about these without success.

The signal in my village is very weak although there is an AIS tower not far away.

Anybody know if I can buy one here and where.

The ones in the UK start at around 10k Baht but would probably end up paying a similar amount of tax if I had one sent over or it may even be confiscated as they are illegal in some countries.

Sundays at China town. Can't remember exactly where, but it's in one of the sois off the main walking street. If you know where watches are sold, head south and cross the road. Try the soi behind the building that houses KFC.

I live up country the nearest AIS tower is about 5-9 klm away. A few years ago I bought a Wilson signal booster, which works on the 900-1800Mhz dual band. I managed to find a company in the the US that would ship it to me here in Thailand. It had a pad which you lay the mobile on, but there is a wifi model available now.

It is still working but last year I bought a Mobile repeater same MHz as above from a company in the UK, I think it as actually shipped direct from the manufacturer in China. It is a wifi model. Cost about 260 but I asked them to mark it as a gift, it came via the postal service. I did not pay any import duties on it.

However I think you will still pay that sort of price buying it here in Thailand.

Edited by ggold

There's been several threads on this subject in recent months, have a quick search.

In the meantime, http://www.pantipmar...ducts&id=127985 would be a good starting point

That looks like a 900 Mghz model - Aren't AIS also on and migrating to 1.8G. I am just worried that Somo might buy some obsolete kit.

Yes, same supplier used to do a 900/1800 dual band model, maybe still does. Only posted that link as an example... In the not too distant future you might need a 2100 too... Hard to keep up with who's going to be using what frequencies in Th 'tomorrow'...