No Problem But

ignis

Inside my PC have 2 x WD 640 GB Sata HDD's

Drive 'C' shows 289,99 GB

System Reserved 100 MB

'F' and 'G' is the other HDD

'F' shows 232.88 GB

'G' shows 363.29 GB

So Disk 2 looks about right, what happened to the other 300 GB on disk 1 ? [sows nothing in Unallocated]

Cannot remember if it ever showed the correct size, both are about 3 years old.

You can check by

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management

Most prob unallocated space.

Yes that is where I go all the info from

You can also try Speccy from Piriform.

It'll show a bit more detail of what drives are installed.

Sure you don't have a 320 and a 640?

If all else goes nowhere, slide out the battery, undo the HD housing and check the HDDs.

You may need to slide them out of their housing, flip over to read specs.

Can google/youtube 'how to replace HDD on [computer brand/model]' for more directions. AA

I'm wondering what happed to D: and E: although one of those is probably your CD.

But gut feeling I'd concur it's likely you have a 320 and a 640, not 2 x 640. No need to install other software, what's the model numbers of the 2 drives listed in control panel/system/hardware/device manager/disk drives?

Yes bobl, I think ignis has a desktop with 2 CD drives (= D,E). I was thinking laptop hence suggestions re. opening the base of the machine -

much bigger job with desktop, cos you gotta pull the b**tard out from wherever it is space-saving and unhook all those cables.

Maybe ignis could let us know how it goes, might be useful for other TVers who have similar probs. AA

Yes 'D' is DVD writer and 'E' is my RAM writer...

yes took out both HDD and both say the same WD 640 GB. bought them both at the same time

As said no problem, as have 7 HDD's so not likely to run out of space.. only 2 others are connected to PC

Could well be the label on the HDD is wrong ? so could be a 320 GB with the label/packing of a 640 GB, just never noticed or looked until a few days ago

I'm wondering what happed to D: and E: although one of those is probably your CD.

But gut feeling I'd concur it's likely you have a 320 and a 640, not 2 x 640. No need to install other software, what's the model numbers of the 2 drives listed in control panel/system/hardware/device manager/disk drives?

Again a puzzle ........... WDC WD64 and all the numbers are the same..

Do check the configuration links on the drives, some drives have the option to reduce capacity for compatibility with early BIOS's.

Also check your BIOs settings, possibly one drive has been forced to a smaller capacity.

Do check the configuration links on the drives, some drives have the option to reduce capacity for compatibility with early BIOS's.

Also check your BIOs settings, possibly one drive has been forced to a smaller capacity.

Might also be useful to update the BIOS. I never understood how to do this, but one day some factor in the machine's bloatware just asked if I was interested to update... I guess you can google 'update BIOS [your comp's brand/model etc]'. AA