Anyone Live Out Near Maejo?

Waffle

Last night the mother of all storms hit our village, I honestly thought the roof was going to come off

the house, it was around 9.30 p.m. and lasted for about 60-90 mins then passed on, I could nt go

out to check the damage because the electricity was down and it was so dark outside, this morning

had a look around, my garden has taken the worst of it, all the plants, banana trees have been

destroyed, an old tree has been broken, luckily there was no damage to the roof or building, had a

look around the village and other homes have not been so fortunate, mainly roof damage.

Anyone else live out in that area?

Regards.

Yeah, we copped that storm cell also, 5km north of Maejo Uni.

Had no power for about 10 hours, woke to survey the damage: 1 lovely jackfruit tree snapped off at the base. Wow, that sap is stickier than used chewing gum!

A broken window, but not from the hail - it slammed rather hard.

One interesting phenomenon: I had the kitchen louvered windows set to about 45degrees, but the wind was so strong, the insect screens were blown open, and rainwater and shredded leaves forced up onto the ceiling. A lot of mopping inside and outside the house. The street was carpeted in leaves, and some folk nearby lost a huge mango tree, spread across the intersection. One street light twisted almost off.

Down the street from Mae Jo, power out for a bit, nice bit of rain and wind etc. no damage but dogs sleeping outside weren't too happy. Had some big rain drops, I mean huge that left poka dotted marks on the deck tonight, thought they might be melted hail stones.

Little damage here in Nongjom. A few broken branches and small trees, roughly 2 hours blackout. Significantly more damage around Huay Tueng Tao. Plenty of broken trees. The first row of bamboo huts at the lake was blown away. Friends also reported quite a bit of damage in the Mae Rim valley.

Cheers, CM-Expat

Took the dogs for a walk at Huey Thung Tae Lake yesterday and there we're also many trees broken and even a few old ones that got completely toppled with roots and all. Also a few of those bamboo huts and at one place the entire W.C.-building blown away.

Must have been a high concentrated storm cell that moved from there towards Mae-Rim and further to Maejo as we live close to the lake and have only experienced some rain on Sat evening