Offshore, Oil, Gas, Roustabout, Offshore Crane Driver, Mud Engineer,cargo Ships, Merchant Seafarer,

IrishIvan

What about "The Hard Hat Forum" thumbsup.gif

Actually, that may work and also make the forum more accessible by expanding to construction professionals. Plenty of us here wear hard hats but are not O&G but are not in sufficient numbers to warrant a forum.

Being in the industry myself,I think it's a great idea,that said what exactly will we be able to offer here,can we post links to other sites of current jobs,I get jobs emailed to me daily.

I must say I'm a little sceptical,this type of industry operates in it's own way of not what you know but who you know,are people that generous to give away great jobs on an anonymous Internet forum.

Posted from The Noble Globetrotter 2 Drill ship,Huisman Ship Yard Schiedam Netherlands.

18 down ? To go.

What about:

The Crew's Bar

Welcome to the Crews Bar for all you Offshore Oil and Gas Workers, Fly in Fly otherwise known as FIFO's, ROV Pilots, Rigmen, Rig pigs and Roustabouts, Saturation Divers, Marine Engineers, Captains Pilots and Deckhands that make Thailand your home

This forum is to trade stories, see where the jobs are, where to get the best training, where the best bars in the world are, what you do in your leave, discuss your leave, hitches, swings, rosters, most importantly we can bulls**t each other about how much money we make

Feel free to add or adjust, just a bit of a start to inspire people

• 2 weeks later...
Either way would be a good place for us sort to chat. Last thing people wanna read is about the dull and boring times offshore. I think this would also help with networking.

Just my 2cents though

yes a forum like that would be a great place for networking, I do fifo throughout wa and I'm always looking to obtain an offshore contract and be able to live in Thailand in my downtime then back to work. That's the life I'm longing for.

good idea....O&G seems to come up a lot across various forums on TV, so would be good to get all these topic's in one place, if anyone remembers a quite early version of the the "Oil careers" website, this had a similar thing and for some reason it was shut down, one suspects because people were getting on there and slagging off companies...laugh.png

another thing that could be posted is the various job scams going on all over the world.....ie we have reviewed your CV, (which you never sent) and without an interview we going to offer you US 50k/month....but you need to send us US 1000 for your visa first....rolleyes.gif

This sort of thing would be good, as a few Thai visa posters have asked me about these sorts of things before via pm and once you read the info they provide, its obvious to anyone who works in the industry that its a scam.

Surely when you leave work you want to forget about it and not spend more time talking about it on an Internet forum,just saying like,don't forget work to live not live to work

I couldn't agree more but sometimes I have questions about courses. Sometimes when I fly into a new country its nice for someone to have a bit of advice. Sometimes when I am bored offshore its good to share a few stories. Know what I mean?

Good suggestion - I'm in. Offshore Expat Forum seems a sensible name...

Yes, it is the best for the search engines as well. Will set it up now,

Where are you going to put it?
Where do you suggest?
In the middle near 'Diving in Thailand'?

Might get confused with offshore investments, banking etc. if that's the name? Maybe better to call it something like "Oil & Gas and other Offshore expat work". Would suggest having it as a sub-forum to the "Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments" forum.

Might get confused with offshore investments, banking etc. if that's the name? Maybe better to call it something like "Oil & Gas and other Offshore expat work". Would suggest having it as a sub-forum to the "Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments" forum.

Thanks for your input.

Archived