Offshore, Oil, Gas, Roustabout, Offshore Crane Driver, Mud Engineer,cargo Ships, Merchant Seafarer,

IrishIvan

Well Testing Supervisor Required

Thailand

Our client a major oil company, is seeking a Well Testing Supervisor for work offshore Thailand.

This will be working offshore in the Gulf of Thailand for a period of approximately 6 months on rotation.

The position will be representing the COMPANY offshore, making decisions on behalf of the COMPANY. Reporting well test operations to the COMPANY MAN and Bangkok office.

Position would be based predominatly offshore with a briefing in the Bangkok office upon arrival and post job wash up meeting.

Candidates are required to have a minimum 10 years experience

Starts: 2013-04-01

PM me for the contact details if interested.

Thailand

Our client a major oil company, is seeking a Well Testing Supervisor for work offshore Thailand.

This will be working offshore in the Gulf of Thailand for a period of approximately 6 months on rotation.

The position will be representing the COMPANY offshore, making decisions on behalf of the COMPANY. Reporting well test operations to the COMPANY MAN and Bangkok office.

Position would be based predominatly offshore with a briefing in the Bangkok office upon arrival and post job wash up meeting.

I'm not sure I'd like to see a Specific O&G forum over run with Job Advertisements - There are enough agencies e-mailing all and sundry who cover this already.

Thailand

I'm not sure I'd like to see a Specific O&G forum over run with Job Advertisements - There are enough agencies e-mailing all and sundry who cover this already.

Which is fine if said jobs from said emails and agencies come to fruition,where as I have worked for this contact many times.

Just came across this topic, hopefully it hasn't fallen by the wayside already as its a great idea,,

I'll vote for thaivisa offshore workers forum

Offshore workers forum is also a great name. What do you guys say?

Just came across this topic, hopefully it hasn't fallen by the wayside already as its a great idea,,

Offshore workers forum i9s also a grat name. What do you guys say?

Does exactly what it says on the tin,Offshore Workers Forum.

Good suggestion - I'm in. Offshore Expat Forum seems a sensible name...

Yes, it is the best for the search engines as well. Will set it up now,

Might get confused with offshore investments, banking etc. if that's the name? Maybe better to call it something like "Oil & Gas and other Offshore expat work". Would suggest having it as a sub-forum to the "Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments" forum.

I strongly disagree. I think keep it away from the employment section of thaivisa. Put it on the front page of the community forum. If the name presents a problem call it offshore oil and gas expat community forum

I also like the name Offshore Workers Forum - covers all the bases.

Also agree with the idea that its a community type forum not related to employment - again covering all bases.

Sent from my iPad-mini.

Offshore workers forum is also a great name. What do you guys say?
Me like. Get after it George so we can start talking about work. I just "escaped" this little paradise.

post-119133-0-05764800-1362912310_thumb.

Good suggestion - I'm in. Offshore Expat Forum seems a sensible name...

Yes, it is the best for the search engines as well. Will set it up now,

Might get confused with offshore investments, banking etc. if that's the name? Maybe better to call it something like "Oil & Gas and other Offshore expat work". Would suggest having it as a sub-forum to the "Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments" forum.

New subforum created. Located here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/172-offshore-workers-forum/

We will move some offshore related topics here so we get a little jump start.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Could anyone point me in the right direction to getting offshore? I'm in the Merchant Navy serving as an AB working 3 months on, 3 months in Thailand. I've got Sparrows Stage 2, BOSIET, all medicals, STCW 95 BST. I really need some help. Most agencies don't care and companies don't respond back. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out in this matter. I'm certified to work on offshore vessels and platforms and I'm ready to go now. I'm 26 years old and a UK passport holder. Thanks for your time gents.

Kind regards

John Duxbury

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I am an engineer on a warm stacked drillship in Singapore. I will marry s sweet Thai woman next year and would love to stay in the area. 

I would do anything to get away from drilling as this industry is filled with syncophantic unworthy rednecks who actually believe they are worth the money they make. 

I suppose I am as bad because I cannot leave this industry because I am starting to believe I am worth the silly money they pay. 

Regardless I would do anything to go back to dive support or seismic with a slash in pay just regain my self respect 

Where would the drilling industry be without the "sycophantic unworthy rednecks" your definitely in the wrong industry if you need to be told what to do, have no input and don't believe you earn your pay check. You would be far better off on a cushy dive or seismic vessel, cruising by..........

Good luck!

5 hours ago, CGW said:

Where would the drilling industry be without the "sycophantic unworthy rednecks" your definitely in the wrong industry if you need to be told what to do, have no input and don't believe you earn your pay check. You would be far better off on a cushy dive or seismic vessel, cruising by..........

Good luck!

Got no problem with them on the rig floor.  Even in the driller's chair.  But when they get promoted to management without ever bothering to learn people skills and a little patience, they're a menace to themselves, their people and to the public.  The problem with working for a dinosaur is that it's virtually impossible to excel because they won't accept a threat to their fiefdom.  And people with twice their IQ and their education are a threat, even if they can't puff out their chests and outshout the boss.

• 2 months later...

How is that forum for Offshore workers in Thailand going? I am in if the project is ongoing... besides this should you are on the hunt for offshore jobs in Thailand here are two jobs I could find http://www.oilandgasbestjobs.com/oil-and-gas-jobs/qc-inspector-bangkok-krung-thep-maha-nakhon-thailand/ and  http://www.oilandgasbestjobs.com/oil-and-gas-jobs/installation-hes-coordinator-bangkok-krung-thep-maha-nakhon-thailand/

Good luck

Maria

On 02/02/2017 at 9:51 AM, impulse said:

Got no problem with them on the rig floor.  Even in the driller's chair.  But when they get promoted to management without ever bothering to learn people skills and a little patience, they're a menace to themselves, their people and to the public.  The problem with working for a dinosaur is that it's virtually impossible to excel because they won't accept a threat to their fiefdom.  And people with twice their IQ and their education are a threat, even if they can't puff out their chests and outshout the boss.

That's the case everywhere in every other industry not only the Oil field. Are you a young grad?

Archived