Tablet Computers Get Cautious Thumbs-Up In Early Test: Thai Education

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised to read that all Prathom1 students are using tablets because the local village school where I live certainly haven't received any yet.

A friend of mine here in Udon from Italy teaches at a rural school. No electricty and dirt floors. But of course the propaganda from PTP sounds good.

So why did the democrat party when it was in power waste money on subsidising school uniforms when the rural schools in Udon have only dirt floors and no electricity?

But I suppose it's essential to have a school uniform to be educated.

Would you rather they had a uniform, or not had a tablet?

Seems like a valid response to me. If the democrats didn't see it as essential to replace the the dirt floors and non existent electricity of these hearsay schools why should supporters of that political party have the front to whine about the PTP allegedly not doing anything about it.

I said this before, the "but, but the democrats" rebuttal is not worthy of even schoolboy debating technique. Either come up with something unique or don't bother. You belittle yourself by employing it as such.

Belittling ones self is not being able to respond to a subject matter of the OP without going off on a tangent about another political party. Well anyhow I see you are back. Now can you answer my question on the other thread please? I had an APB out for you (smiley). IPad doesn't show emotions.

Thats not the meaning of "belittle". As for your other "question", sorry I won't dignify that with a reply. It's a stupid question which adds nothing to the debate.

Surprised to read that all Prathom1 students are using tablets because the local village school where I live certainly haven't received any yet.

A friend of mine here in Udon from Italy teaches at a rural school. No electricty and dirt floors. But of course the propaganda from PTP sounds good.

So why did the democrat party when it was in power waste money on subsidising school uniforms when the rural schools in Udon have only dirt floors and no electricity?

But I suppose it's essential to have a school uniform to be educated.

Another "question" not worth dignifying with an answer.

But, but, the Democrats ... but, but Thai Rak Thai ...

Next we will have a look at the reason why PM General Chavalit didn't introduce tabletPcs when he was PM :-)

I might have to rethink the jibe about schoolboy debate - they're above this.

Seems like a valid response to me. If the democrats didn't see it as essential to replace the the dirt floors and non existent electricity of these hearsay schools why should supporters of that political party have the front to whine about the PTP allegedly not doing anything about it.

I said this before, the "but, but the democrats" rebuttal is not worthy of even schoolboy debating technique. Either come up with something unique or don't bother. You belittle yourself by employing it as such.

Belittling ones self is not being able to respond to a subject matter of the OP without going off on a tangent about another political party. Well anyhow I see you are back. Now can you answer my question on the other thread please? I had an APB out for you (smiley). IPad doesn't show emotions.

Thats not the meaning of "belittle". As for your other "question", sorry I won't dignify that with a reply. It's a stupid question which adds nothing to the debate.

You just answered it my friend. Thank you. Welcome to Thailand, that is if you are even here. Edited by Pimay1

Google has a few interesting clips on using computers in the classroom. Of course they're commercially interested with their chromebook, but it shows what is possible. Go to youtube and search for 'eduatgoogle'. Or just start here

if google has some interesting clips i suspect that was not one of them as all it did was trot out IT cliches on a south park background.

It was pure hype with no substance.

DEMOCRATS - 18 MONTHS IN POWER. With street demos to deal with.

SHINAWATRA FAMILY - 9 YEARS IN ABSOLUTE POWER AND 2 YEARS IN COALITION http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palang_Dharma_Party

GO FIGURE. also you forgot the Dem's Free education up to M3 (15) previously P6 (10-11) and free health care and easier access to said care (from 30b)

• Like 1

Another "question" not worth dignifying with an answer.

Really? The democrat program was a subsidy for uniforms and text books, which allowed students from the poorest families to stay in school longer, and was an appreciated assistance for many. It was cancelled and the allocated budget used for tablets which the students referred to cannot use, and do not have. Which would they prefer?

And if you refer to the OP, textbooks are still required even for those who have received their tablets, but of course, the subsidy is gone not only for them, but every grade.

Your area is one of a growing number who, likewise, have no ScoPads for the P-1 students.

The misleading, misnamed One Tablet Per Child... (unchanged since their initial promise of 11 million tablets for all students in all grades) isn't even reaching all the P-1 students.

Edited by Buchholz

Your area is one of a growing number who, likewise, have no ScoPads for the P-1 students.

The misleading, misnamed One Tablet Per Child... (unchanged since their initial promise of 11 million tablets for all students in all grades) isn't even reaching all the P-1 students.

THEY ARE SUPPOSED to have been delivered in Nakhon Pathom (my province) but a source at the local MOE has not seen them.. I think i may go look at a couple of my old schools to see if thy are there.

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, seems it was a good idea after all................

Hope the TV naysayers aren't choking on their coffee.

Hope their coffee is not too hot.

smile.png

sick.gif Damn that coffee is hot! blink.png

Naysayer here!laugh.png

http://news.yahoo.com/schools-shift-textbooks-tablets-081047398.html

Its been a while since I've been out of school and I totally forgot how expensive the text books are. And as a cost savings measure, I can see how it could work.

On an additional positive note, I predict a lowering of textbooks Very SOON biggrin.png

Edited by jamhar

Sounds OK doesn;t it ??? good. BUT the second batch due now is delayed 6 months or more so they are scheduled to arrive in November... Ok for some kids though. What % have got them ???? sounds like selected BKK schools and the like.

Let me see if in 10 years I can go to a 7-11 buy something for 90 baht and see if they can calculate the change or not from a 100 baht note.

The director of my school gave away all the tablets to "important" people in the community. Some the the parents of the EP students, some to her friends. The rest remain locked in a cabinet, gathering dust. The whole program is a sham.

aint that the truth!!

Jolly good, pip pip an all that...........

In reply to your post #75, i suppose that depends if you can use a calculator to check your change.............

Meanwhile the country progresses, the economy grows, the borders are less fraught than they were, tourism is growing, stock market looks good, the PM gets ever more serious international validation, the Dems go backwards and terrorism just ain't terrorism anymore ( per recent court rulings.)

In reply to your post #75, i suppose that depends if you can use a calculator to check your change.............

Meanwhile the country progresses, the economy grows, the borders are less fraught than they were, tourism is growing, stock market looks good, the PM gets ever more serious international validation, the Dems go backwards and terrorism just ain't terrorism anymore ( per recent court rulings.)

God! I wish I could live in your world, just for 5 or 10 seconds though.blink.png

• Like 1

Expect this usual stuff, forgetting to mention the corrupt lot we have, and the faults that are here for all to see, rice-wildlife-the tablets delayed now till November, its these things that you omit that doesn't give me any interesting reading from your propaganda

God! I wish I could live in your world, just for 5 or 10 seconds though.blink.png

You're not strong enough................

• Like 1