Cancer Is Top Killer Of Thais Among All Diseases

webfact

Cancer is top killer of Thais among all diseases

By English News

20130204091031.png

BANGKOK, Feb 4 – Cancer kills an average of seven Thai people every hour--and the number of new cancer patients has surged to over 100,000 people each year, according to the minister of public health.

Dr Pradit Sintavanarong said cancer has become the world’s top killer and that Thailand's follows that trend. He said the number of cancer patients worldwide is expected to increase sharply from 12.7 million in 2008 to 21.3 million in 2030.

newsjsToday marks World Cancer Day as announced by the World Health Organisation and the International Union Against Cancer. This year’s cancer prevention campaign, under the theme “Cancer – Did you know?”, is aimed at educating people about cancer and prevention measures.

Dr Pradit said among the 61,082 victims of cancer in Thailand in 2011, 35,437 were male and 25,645 female and there is an increasing trend of patients with colon and rectal cancer.

The urban lifestyle, the consumption of meat rather than vegetables and a lack of physical exercise are some of the major causes of colon and rectal cancer, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-02-04

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news report has no meaning to me. We all know that cancer cells are present in our body since birth but our immune system keeps them in check. Cancer cells kill when our immune system is too weak to battle on.

This report can only make me infer that the life span of the average Thai has increased, so weaker immune system and more cancer death.

• Like 1

Today marks World Cancer Day

BANGKOK, 4 February 2013 (NNT) - The Public Health Ministry has raised awareness about cancer, the disease which has claimed more lives than any other in the world. February 4th marks the World Cancer Day.

Public Health Minister Pradit Sintavanarong has revealed that the World Health Organization has designated February 4th of every year as World Cancer Day to raise awareness about the deadly disease. The organization aims to prevent cancer and raise the quality of life for all cancer patients.

According to the WHO, cancer is the leading cause of death worldwide, which accounted for 7.6 million deaths (around 13% of all deaths) in 2008. The number of cancer death is expected to rise to 13 million in 2030.

This year, the ministry is campaigning to inform people of the disease and encourage them to get screening tests if they have suspicious symptoms, as early detection can cure cancer.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-04 footer_n.gif

Today marks World Cancer Day

BANGKOK, 4 February 2013 (NNT) - The Public Health Ministry has raised awareness about cancer, the disease which has claimed more lives than any other in the world. February 4th marks the World Cancer Day.

Public Health Minister Pradit Sintavanarong has revealed that the World Health Organization has designated February 4th of every year as World Cancer Day to raise awareness about the deadly disease. The organization aims to prevent cancer and raise the quality of life for all cancer patients.

This year, the ministry is campaigning to inform people of the disease and encourage them to get screening tests if they have suspicious symptoms, as early detection can cure cancer.

The ministry puts the cart before the horse.

It's campain should be about how to avoid cancer. Only one catchword:

Asbestos !!!

As long as money prevails it's only blah blah bla .....

Edited by puck2
  • Like 1

As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day... just general indiscipline towards life.

Snacking causes cancer? Really? Can you enlighten us as to how many times and when we should eat to avoid cancer?

Yes, please explain how "taking meals at any time of day" is a factor in cancer, I am sure millions of people round the world are eagerly awaiting your profound and enlightening analysis of this statement.

• Like 2

As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day... just general indiscipline towards life.

Snacking causes cancer? Really? Can you enlighten us as to how many times and when we should eat to avoid cancer?

BTW my TGF insists toast more than dark brown is a definite cause of cancer. Not sure if this applies to midnight cheese and Vegemite.

Your gf is probably right.

All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known carcinogens. Even dark toast is suspect.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/hurtful-food-avoid-these-10-cancercausing-foods.html

Snacks tend to have a high level of trans-fats and shouldn't be eaten regularly.

Ideally, meal-times should be 3 times per day, with a maximum of 2 snacks in between.

• Like 1

BTW my TGF insists toast more than dark brown is a definite cause of cancer. Not sure if this applies to midnight cheese and Vegemite.

Your gf is probably right.

All charred food, which create heterocyclic aromatic amines, known carcinogens. Even dark toast is suspect.

http://www.diseasepr...sing-foods.html

Snacks tend to have a high level of trans-fats and shouldn't be eaten regularly.

Ideally, meal-times should be 3 times per day, with a maximum of 2 snacks in between.

Your first post was not just talking about what you are eating, but WHEN you are eating. So, again, why is the time of eating a contributor to cancer?

Edited by GentlemanJim

Yes, please explain how "taking meals at any time of day" is a factor in cancer, I am sure millions of people round the world are eagerly awaiting your profound and enlightening analysis of this statement.

Where did I say it was a cause? I said general indiscipline to diet is a cause.

Learn to comprehend properly.

you said

taking meals at any time of the day

Just who has the problems comprehending here?

Think I comprehend quite well,

"As highlighted lifestyle also to blame; no exercise, poor diet, taking meals at any time of the day......"

Maybe you should learn how to construct a sentence.

you said

taking meals at any time of the day

Just who has the problems comprehending here?

Instead of trying to selectively quote to prove your point post the whole quote. The part that says "general indiscipline" should give you a clue as it is integrally important to the context of the sentence.

I do hope you're not teaching English.

Instead of trying to selectively quote to prove your point post the whole quote. The part that says "general indiscipline" should give you a clue as it is integrally important to the context of the sentence.

I hope you aren't either!

The part that says "general indiscipline towards life" should give you a clue as it is integrally important to the context of the sentence.

Read your sentence again, you have given 3 reasons for cancer and concluded them with a summation. You do this with your political arguments, despite being blatantly wrong or mistaken, instead of having the kuhoona's to put your hand up and say 'oop's sorry guy's, mistake there', you try and pass the buck on to everyone else, despite the mistake being in writing under your nose! Unbelievable.

Smart girl. Burnt particulates whether in the air (burning of plastic), BBQ'd meat, or burnt toast have a higher level of carcinogens. Check it out. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The part that says "general indiscipline towards life" should give you a clue as it is integrally important to the context of the sentence.

Read your sentence again, you have given 3 reasons for cancer and concluded them with a summation. You do this with your political arguments, despite being blatantly wrong or mistaken, instead of having the kuhoona's to put your hand up and say 'oop's sorry guy's, mistake there', you try and pass the buck on to everyone else, despite the mistake being in writing under your nose! Unbelievable.

My sentence is perfectly understandable and you are wasting your time.

Smart girl. Burnt particulates whether in the air (burning of plastic), BBQ'd meat, or burnt toast have a higher level of carcinogens. Check it out. thumbsup.gif

Let's wrap ourselves in plastic from head to foot. Oh wait ... ... that might not be a good idea either.

My sentence is perfectly understandable and you are wasting your time.

Yes, perfectly understandable to yourself, but wrong.

You clearly indicated 3 causes of cancer. The first two I agree with, whereas the 3rd is a blatantly wrong statement.

As for teaching English, you have shown without doubt that you shouldn't be involved in any way.

Everyone has mentioned their thoughts on what causes (contributes to acceleration of) cancer but no-one has mentioned cancer is a curable issue and not by napalming the body with chemo and radiation therapies. Cancer has been curable since the early 30's last century and there have been many other cures - not just one. I am not going to go into it here but suffice to say there are many ways to beat it and completely in our hands with ease of access. Big Pharma is continuing to milk billions annually towards 'research' and doing its best to hide reality by compounding natural products that were never meant to be compounded as nature by and large, has already made it the most efficient way - but of course I would be talking about the billions to be made.

Just do a search into natural cancer cures and do some reading. My mother in law is alive after stage 4, and at 30kgs, survived with complete reversal within a month, my wife also from cervical cancer and many other people I have met in the last 30 years who have suffered but 'returned'. One of the greatest catalysts is definitely products such as personal care items slapped on the skin (our largest breathing organ), products like aspartame in artificial sweeteners (used in over 70% of all beverages), genetically modified foods such as soy (a most dangerous product) and so on. A major resaon in Thai's is the use of fish sauce - just read up on how it is made and you will see the issue and well proven stats of case studies. However, let's just say I got lucky with my two examples as making claims in being able to 'cure' cancer is against the law. What BS that is. Good luck all.

• Like 2

Not surprising; however, I would love to know specifically what cancers are supposed top killers, and if any credible research as to their "real" causes has been done. Also, I wonder what the quality are of cancer treatments offered to the masses (versus the well heeled). As a sidebar, I still think that alcohol-related liver diseases, followed by smoking-related cancers, might actually be the top killers within the Kingdom. (duh...does not take a rocket scientist to suggest that, does it?!!)

My wife has said such things. Burnt anything will cause cancer.laugh.png

Everyone has mentioned their thoughts on what causes (contributes to acceleration of) cancer but no-one has mentioned cancer is a curable issue and not by napalming the body with chemo and radiation therapies. Cancer has been curable since the early 30's last century and there have been many other cures - not just one. I am not going to go into it here but suffice to say there are many ways to beat it and completely in our hands with ease of access. Big Pharma is continuing to milk billions annually towards 'research' and doing its best to hide reality by compounding natural products that were never meant to be compounded as nature by and large, has already made it the most efficient way - but of course I would be talking about the billions to be made.

Just do a search into natural cancer cures and do some reading. My mother in law is alive after stage 4, and at 30kgs, survived with complete reversal within a month, my wife also from cervical cancer and many other people I have met in the last 30 years who have suffered but 'returned'. One of the greatest catalysts is definitely products such as personal care items slapped on the skin (our largest breathing organ), products like aspartame in artificial sweeteners (used in over 70% of all beverages), genetically modified foods such as soy (a most dangerous product) and so on. A major resaon in Thai's is the use of fish sauce - just read up on how it is made and you will see the issue and well proven stats of case studies. However, let's just say I got lucky with my two examples as making claims in being able to 'cure' cancer is against the law. What BS that is. Good luck all.

Your post is spot on!

Your post is spot on!

Yes it is!

I decided to do one of the 'cure' programs myself for 4 weeks to see if it would be too difficult if any member of my family succumbed to Cancer in the future. I was in to it after 3 days and felt completely energised after 7. At 3 weeks, my skin felt like new and skin tags that I had had for two-three years dropped off, a couple of mole types marks on my back disappeared completely. I stopped at 4 weeks, 9kg lighter and feeling like a new person. The only detrimental effect is that there will always be some initial weight loss, but depending on your body it will stop fairly quickly. I lost a lot of weight because I have a lot to lose! The beneficial effects were amazing. It is something I will do once a year now as a preventitive maintenance thing and something that can be done by any cancer sufferer, even if they want to go through the hospital procedure for treatment. Read up about it, it's a life saver!