Best Pub Food

Falcon01

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food wise I like the new Menu at Bullys. Added some alright Mexican food (never as good as Chiang Mai). But for overall good stuff I like the Game on Sukhumvit close to soi 9. Real Buffalo sauce is something a crave on my wings sometime!

Ate there last week. A long time to get service to place an order no matter how many times we tried to get served with hardly anyone else in the pub .

Edited by arthurwait

Food wise I like the new Menu at Bullys. Added some alright Mexican food (never as good as Chiang Mai). But for overall good stuff I like the Game on Sukhumvit close to soi 9. Real Buffalo sauce is something a crave on my wings sometime!

Ate there last week. A long time to get service to place an order no matter how many times we tried to get served with hardly anyone else in the pub .

Crappy to hear that man. I hope the food was good atleast

I have eaten three numerous times and never had that happen, but that was a few weeks back

Same here... Went in a couple times... Got totally smoked out. Never to return as long as their smoking practice remains the same.

It's one of a couple farang places around BKK where the establishment and/or its patrons are pretty much proud of defying the city's smoking law.

I agree. :D

Re The Game on main Suk Rd near the Nana BTS station, went there for dinner a while back... Ordered a pizza, and after a long wait, it came out of the kitchen with the bread and cheese on top but none of the toppings we had ordered...

Took a long time to get the waitress to recognize the problem. Finally, a farang guy came to our table from the kitchen, explained that he had gone on break and the Thai guy cooking in his place had mangled our order, so he took the pizza back and gave us a new one with toppings. Frankly, it wasn't much better than the pizza without.

After that episode, haven't been back to the place.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Around Phrong Ponng- The Londoner on suk soi 33- very good food, and surprisingly good Thai food. The dubliner used to have a fantastic fish pie which they had taken off the menu last time i checked. The royal oak- great new chicken wings with a dry rub spicy coating- delicious.

Update: Went to royal oak today and they have changed their chicken wings- they now have horrible plain deep fried unflavored ( no spices) wings- and only wings- no meaty legs as they had before.

the robin hood is the singularly most soulless McPub in town.

I quite like it, because it's conveniently on the corner of the main road, they sell beer, and there's plenty of TVs showing different sports, so you're not stuck with Bloody Premier League. It's quite easy to find.

SC

I had the worst meal of my life in the Robin Hood several years ago. An upturned can of tuna in oil on a baguette. Greasy/soggy bottom layer and flavorless in the extreme. Last time I was there (probably 2 years ago) it had improved

• 3 months later...

The Londoner: great steak n kidney pie, above average burger, and really nice home-brew beer.

Black Swan: good 'toad in the hole', nice deal on Scumpty cider during happy hour.

Sportsman: decent sannies.

The Dubliner: best breakfast in existence (probably)

Robin hood: good beer prices, battered sausage n chips is strangely similar to back in the auld country (minus the chippy chips)

Bully's Pub: could be somewhere near the bottom of this list if it wasn't for the overpriced drinks and the inability to cook an egg.

And, of course, that chippy beside cowboy wai2.gif

Edited by ChrisB87

I quite like it, because it's conveniently on the corner of the main road, they sell beer, and there's plenty of TVs showing different sports, so you're not stuck with Bloody Premier League. It's quite easy to find.

SC

I had the worst meal of my life in the Robin Hood several years ago. An upturned can of tuna in oil on a baguette. Greasy/soggy bottom layer and flavorless in the extreme. Last time I was there (probably 2 years ago) it had improved

I reckon if you remember a meal in the pub you're going for the wrong reasons

Apoteka in soi 11 is quite good imo. nice beers with so now and than specials and the food they serve is good. I love their Nachos with cheese supreme and most days they have blues live music. Thanks for the other tips though sure worth to check some out.

The Londoner: great steak n kidney pie, above average burger, and really nice home-brew beer.

Black Swan: good 'toad in the hole', nice deal on Scumpty cider during happy hour.

Sportsman: decent sannies.

The Dubliner: best breakfast in existence (probably)

Robin hood: good beer prices, battered sausage n chips is strangely similar to back in the auld country (minus the chippy chips)

Bully's Pub: could be somewhere near the bottom of this list if it wasn't for the overpriced drinks and the inability to cook an egg.

And, of course, that chippy beside cowboy wai2.gif

There's nae chippies near me, pal.

I'm guessing you mean the one on Soi 23. It's always a little disappointing, till you realise it's the best in the country - a heartbreaking recollection and a sorrow that takes a lot of drowning...

• Like 1

SC

I reckon if you remember a meal in the pub you're going for the wrong reasons

I remember many meals in many pubs, and go to pubs for many reasons. You sound like a one dimensional dude.

Went to the Black Swan and quite fancied the food (and the IPA). But then I live in Siem Reap and am not exactly spoilt for choice here.

There is a great Italian in Siem Reap tho.

Depends who you are talking about. Most of the supposedly good Italian restaurants here are actually pretty mediocre. Like many restaurants in Temple Town.......

Place just off that busy St....it has superb food imho....sorry dunno the name now but easily the best I had in Asia....pricy for Cambo but I would eat there twice a week if I lived there.

I guess Little Italy off Pub Street. My favorite Italian in SR.

• Like 1

If we are talking about Bangkok, the Black Swan is hands down the most-pub like in both food and atmosphere.

the fish and chips are MASSIVE as ar most portions. I have never had a bad meal there.

http://www.blackswanbkk.com/food.htm

Does this place have any real ales?

Define "real"

Real ale is unfiltered and unpasturised. It is also known as cask ale, as it always remains in a cask. If you see the waitress having to 'pull at the tap' multiple times while pouring your pint (excuse the innuendo), rather than just pulling it down once and leaving it there, then it's a real ale!

• Like 1