Paroxetine (seroxat)

JuniorExPat

Or try to get off it.... Evil Evil drug... I took it for over a year, very very glad to be off it now :D

Any advice on how?

JxP

Isn't this the stuff that make people go coocoo when they have a beer?

Like that brit defense/embassy guy on the airplane?

Errm - thanks :o

JxP

Failing the above, try Dr Pairat at the Huay Kaew polyclinic, 053 223 060 / 053 226 200 - 113 Huai Kaew Road. Open evenings from ?6pm and all day Sunday

Thank you p1p, will keep that in mind.

JxP

Or try to get off it.... Evil Evil drug... I took it for over a year, very very glad to be off it now :o

Any advice on how?

JxP

This has worked for a friend of mine and could be a great help, although I offer no guarantees.

The Chinese herb "Jiaogulan" / "Southern Ginseng" or "Xiancao" ("Immortality Herb"), is both a strong adaptogenic and an antioxidant, (amongst other health benefits).

My friend was instructed to drink Jiaogulan tea with added green tea as almost his only liquid intake.

(This was to help him overcome a nasty cancer.)

He made a thermos flask of it in the morning and kept refilling with boiling water as he drank from it during the day. Now, six years later, he is still carrying his thermos and has outlived his doctor's forecast by 5 1/2 years. (I have also now developed a liking for the tea.)

He was previously a chronic sufferer from unipolar disease, (chronically clinically depressed for many years.) After a couple of months on Jiaogulan, he reports that he never took another pill. (I gather he was on Fluoxetine.)

Jiaogulan is readily available in Chiang Mai. The tea has very little flavour. When I make it I like to add some spices, Star Anise, Cardamom, Clove buds or other flavours to vary the taste and make it more interesting. I don’t add sweetener.

Don't stop taking the pills. Give Jiaogulan a go for a while and see how things progress. If you are anything like my friend, you might find you no longer need the chemical crutch after a while.

Good luck

Or try to get off it.... Evil Evil drug... I took it for over a year, very very glad to be off it now :o

Any advice on how?

JxP

This has worked for a friend of mine and could be a great help, although I offer no guarantees.

The Chinese herb "Jiaogulan" / "Southern Ginseng" or "Xiancao" ("Immortality Herb"), is both a strong adaptogenic and an antioxidant, (amongst other health benefits).

My friend was instructed to drink Jiaogulan tea with added green tea as almost his only liquid intake.

He made a thermos flask of it in the morning and kept refilling with boiling water as he drank from it during the day. Now, six years later, he is still carrying his thermos and has outlived his doctor's forecast by 5 1/2 years. (I have also now developed a liking for the tea.)

He was previously a chronic sufferer from unipolar disease, (chronically clinically depressed for many years.) After a couple of months on Jiaogulan, he reports that he never took another pill. (I gather he was on Fluoxetine.)

Jiaogulan is readily available in Chiang Mai. The tea has very little flavour. When I make it I like to add some spices, Star Anise, Cardamom, Clove buds or other flavours to vary the taste and make it more interesting. I don’t add sweetener.

Don't stop taking the pills. Give Jiaogulan a go for a while and see how things progress. If you are anything like my friend, you might find you no longer need the chemical crutch after a while.

Good luck

Thank you once again p1p. :D

JxP

JxP,

Agree with what p1p says fully.

It was a real bitch to stop taking, took me 3 attempts.

When I finally succeded it was done by reducing the amount of daily intake, down to 1/4 of a pill daily, then 1/4 every other day, then stop completely.

I wasn't really aware of any benefits of herbal medicine at the time, but I did take St John's Wort for a while, hard to say whether it helped.

Good Luck :o

Rich.

JxP,

Agree with what p1p says fully.

It was a real bitch to stop taking, took me 3 attempts.

When I finally succeded it was done by reducing the amount of daily intake, down to 1/4 of a pill daily, then 1/4 every other day, then stop completely.

I wasn't really aware of any benefits of herbal medicine at the time, but I did take St John's Wort for a while, hard to say whether it helped.

Good Luck :o

Rich.

Thanks. :D

Good luck

Jiaogulan is a very helpful herb. Just Google for it on the net to get more info. I use it and swear by it.

I think p1p wanted to stress that you need to let the herb do its job. Don't try and force matters by cutting down or stopping until your body tells you you don't need to take the drug any more. It will. One day you'll wake up and not feel like taking your pill. Listen to your body. Take it when you feel you need it. Don't when you feel okay and you will conquor all!

Hi !

There is a clinic actually that carries all these drugs. Yes its a psychiatry clinic. I'll try to explain where it is cause thats where I get my Citalopram from. Its a better SSRI than anything else IMO. If you are coming from Central Airport towards the city moat, keep going straight, once your reach the moat area, take the first U-turn to your right. You would be on the other side of the moat and would pass some Fish pet shops/gardening shops to your right. Just to add to the directions, if you DID NOT take the u-turn, you would be heading to suakdok hospital area. Further down is Chiangmai Ram hospital. You WOULD HAVE PASSED the u-turn if you reach Suandok area. Remember is the first U-turn as soon as you reach the moat area. There is a clinic somewhere there right after a "Kuew Teow/Noodle" shop. The clinic is open weekdays from 5pm to 8pm, 10am to 2pm on saturdays and closed on sundays.

The doctor is very nice person. He consults you first. and then you follow up with just taking the drugs. And the prices are cheaper than some of the pharmacies I have bought from. I am sorry, I do not know the name of the clinic. Its in Thai and never bothered to know the translation.

all the best

I understand that Chiang Mai is one of the main centres for the commercial cultivation of jiaogulan. A foreign-owned company called Aum Tea seems to have a high-profile business centred on the stuff. Wouldn't be surprised if one of our members here were involved. :o

Is this clinic towards doi suthep or towards kad suan keaw??? where is it exactly??

It is on the left hand side going towards Doi Sutep, about three doors past the traffic lights at the end of Sirimankala Road,lower right of square B2 on this map.

Is this clinic towards doi suthep or towards kad suan keaw??? where is it exactly??

It is on the left hand side going towards Doi Sutep, about three doors past the traffic lights at the end of Sirimankala Road,lower right of square B2 on this map.

Better not go there, only if you want to get stuffed up with anti-depressants after an initial consult of 3 minutes by this former "professor of psychiatry". Next consults will last 2 minutes. One would like to know how many books (3 or 4 ???) one has to study before one can become a professor of psychiatry here in Chiang Mai...Unless you want to undergo this experience and become a wiser man afterwards this is not a good thing to do. Be warned !

Edited by kkk33

Better not go there, only if you want to get stuffed up with anti-depressants after an initial consult of 3 minutes by this former "professor of psychiatry". Next consults will last 2 minutes. One would like to know how many books (3 or 4 ???) one has to study before one can become a professor of psychiatry here in Chiang Mai...Unless you want to undergo this experience and become a wiser man afterwards this is not a good thing to do. Be warned !

131596694.jpg131596693.jpg I think you won't last long on Thai Visa.

I suppose you have experience with the good doctor?

My friend's wife has been treated by him for the last ten years, and I have never known of a more genuine doctor, helpful, friendly. Contrary to your sick sentiments above, his consults last from 20 minutes to several hours. He has done house calls at all times of the day and night, without charge. He provided her with treatment free, including expensive drugs, for over two years after my friend went completely bankrupt. He never turns away when his help is needed.

131596694.jpgtrollarse.gif131596694.jpg

Do get my Jiaogulan tea from the Rimping Supermaket. Quite good deal as buying on the web for "international customers" is very dear. Anybody does know of any other outlets?

Hi naammanow

Is it the Aum Tea brand that is for sale at Rimping? Actually, what I'm really asking is, is it easy to spot the Jiaogulan tea, is it clearly labelled as such or does it come under another name?

Thanks

JxP

Is it the Aum Tea brand that is for sale at Rimping? Actually, what I'm really asking is, is it easy to spot the Jiaogulan tea, is it clearly labelled as such or does it come under another name?

I have never had Aum tea, nor purchased from Rimping. I will PM you directions to the place I buy mine from.

I feel I must stress, I am a customer there only, and will not receive any benifit... :o

Forewarned is forearmed . . . or something like that! :o

JxP

My friend's wife has been treated by him for the last ten years, and I have never known of a more genuine doctor, helpful, friendly. Contrary to your sick sentiments above, his consults last from 20 minutes to several hours. He has done house calls at all times of the day and night, without charge. He provided her with treatment free, including expensive drugs, for over two years after my friend went completely bankrupt. He never turns away when his help is needed.

Good to see some clarification from the other end of the opinion poll :D - thanks for that.

JxP

I agree with the latter sentiments, although the punctuation could have been a bit less strong! - or perhaps not!

My wife and I have been roped in to help a couple of Dr. Pairat's patients in various ways over the years. He does care and goes far beyond the call of normal duty.

Does anyone know of a pharmacy in Chiang Mai that sells Paroxetine (Seroxat)? Fluoxentine (Prozac) seems all too freely available but it is not the same as Paroxetine.

Thanks in advance,

JxP

I don't want to mind 'your' business, of course, but please be VERY careful taking drugs like these.....

read this:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002373.html

..as well as other sites on Seroxat/Paroxetine on 'Google'

The side-effects can be numerous and dangerous; IF you (or someone else) have no immediate need to take Seroxat or any similar medicin....don't!

LaoPo

Does anyone know of a pharmacy in Chiang Mai that sells Paroxetine (Seroxat)? Fluoxentine (Prozac) seems all too freely available but it is not the same as Paroxetine.

Thanks in advance,

JxP

I don't want to mind 'your' business, of course, but please be VERY careful taking drugs like these.....

read this:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100002373.html

..as well as other sites on Seroxat/Paroxetine on 'Google'

The side-effects can be numerous and dangerous; IF you (or someone else) have no immediate need to take Seroxat or any similar medicin....don't!

LaoPo

I can't think of any drug that doesn't come with "any possible side effects" that are not mentioned on the label of that drug. Heck, even Paracatamol comes with its list of possible effects!.

Try reading some website or google "effect of depression" instead. Look at the trade offs of taking Seroxat or Cipram as an SSRI and not taking any drugs at all. You would find the latter helping millions of people in the world. Paroxetine and Citalopram have a brought a new identy to anti depressents with so much more decrease in side effects compared to older drugs such as imipramine and other tri cyclic drugs in treating depression.

BUT ! you are right in giving out your warnings on taking such drugs. there is however differences in SSRI's and anxiolitic drugs such as Diazepam, Alphrazolam, Lorazepam etc etc. Those classify under dangerous drugs that can be habit forming. SSRI's do not have any effects on "feeling high" for the sake of taking it. You do depend on it though for keeping depression at bay.

I have been on Citalopram for years now and I can't thank the doctor enough who introduced it to me. Until and unless I find an alternative to it, I'll just have to stick to it. It made a difference to my life in such a positive way that is unexplainable. I'd say that if anyone is depressed or have systoms of depression, go meet this doctor or any other doctor to seek medical help. Never go out and buy these drugs on your own though without professional advice.

all the best. i am open to any opinions otherwise.

Your post is a little bit smelly ! Maybe you can tell me in your 3rd post which TV username you normally use ?

For the rest, I only can hope that "JxP" will tell us one year from now, after having swallowed his umptieth pill, that his treatment by dr. Pairat has been one of the best things which has happened to him in his life !

Your post is a little bit smelly ! Maybe you can tell me in your 3rd post which TV username you normally use ?

This is my name here and elsewhere. I have been reading this forum for a few years and only recently registered, hense few posts.

Now, perhaps you could give us some details of the personal experience you have had with the good doctor. Experience that disqualifies you from the Troll or blatant flamer label and makes your post anything but disgusting libel. Tell us why your post was a valuable contribution to this topic.

I stand by my opinion of you and your kind. I would probably be banned if I printed it. But I am willing to be proven wrong as or when you recount your personal experiences.

I'd say that if anyone is depressed or have systoms of depression, go meet this doctor or any other doctor to seek medical help. Never go out and buy these drugs on your own though without professional advice.all the best. i am open to any opinions otherwise.

Couldn't agree more with you.

(Lucky) People who have never experienced a severe Depression have (almost) no idea what a terrible sickness this is and how difficult to treat. :o

Please: don't play 'doctor' or phychiatrist yourself...IF you ever run into a depression.

The sad thing is that most people don't recognize it, start drinking...etc. etc.

LaoPo

I'd say that if anyone is depressed or have systoms of depression, go meet this doctor or any other doctor to seek medical help. Never go out and buy these drugs on your own though without professional advice.all the best. i am open to any opinions otherwise.

Couldn't agree more with you.

(Lucky) People who have never experienced a severe Depression have (almost) no idea what a terrible sickness this is and how difficult to treat. :o

Please: don't play 'doctor' or phychiatrist yourself...IF you ever run into a depression.

The sad thing is that most people don't recognize it, start drinking...etc. etc.

LaoPo

Yes - very true. Major problem with third parties not accepting it too. "Get a grip on yourself." and such advice is of no help.