Thai Govt Wants Youtube Sex Spoof Removed

webfact

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I have seen here over the years, I would say that for every 1 x "foreign" sex place (go-go, bar, massage etc) there are at least 20 x "Thai" locations. These tend to be outside the normal tourist areas of course, and are a little more discreet with only a little neon and a small sign generally.

Research done over decades would roughly support your general observation. However, by no means is there always neon or a small sign. Restaurants, tea shops, barber shops and other places that show ZERO indication of offering commercial sex do in fact have it available.

I'll give a pass on that last identified option

barber_zps824b5c7a.jpg

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

I love how the Cultural Minister does not even know that there is freedom of speech in the USA and that the American government is powerless when it comes to this kind of censorship.

You can't make this shit up.

Thai Ministers.

The Science Minister wanted to get flood waters moving by having drive their boats around and create motion to push the water out.

Holy Shit!!!!!

Based on what I have seen here over the years, I would say that for every 1 x "foreign" sex place (go-go, bar, massage etc) there are at least 20 x "Thai" locations. These tend to be outside the normal tourist areas of course, and are a little more discreet with only a little neon and a small sign generally.

Research done over decades would roughly support your general observation. However, by no means is there always neon or a small sign. Restaurants, tea shops, barber shops and other places that show ZERO indication of offering commercial sex do in fact have it available.

barber_zps824b5c7a.jpg

I don't know, she looks pretty hot.

(Joking aside - for those who might not know - there are plenty of barber shops and hair salons where sexual services are standard; that's not including the less quantifiable prevalence of hair stylist who might freelance).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

crazy.gif The latest "news" on this riveting controversy!welcomeani.gif

http://notthenation....-tourism-video/

Sukomon blasted the video’s “ignorant” suggestion that foreign tourists who wished to experience the unique pleasures of Thailand’s extensive commercial sex services needed to undergo expensive and difficult language training.

“I assure the sex tourists of the world, Thailand is well equipped to serve your non-Thai-speaking needs,” she said. “Hell, you can live here for a dozen years, marry a Thai woman, get a job, start a business, have half-Thai children, and still speak no Thai. We don’t care.”

Thank you Khun Sukomon for your valuable input!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

barber_zps824b5c7a.jpg

Hahaha my former barber in Chiang Mai...... am pretty sure he only gives haircuts...

Has Thailand just realised what the world has known for 40 years. Thailand is the sex and sleaze capital of the world. You see old fat 70 yrs old men gropping and slobbering over teenage girls and young women on every street corner and nook and cranny in places like pattaya and phuket. geez you even see them dribbling over them in places lice Big C food courts around the country it is disgusting to se these old men with girls that could be thier great great grandchildren. Thailand has encourage and built this reputation for decades so no use complaing about it now. Thailand sells it's young girls/children to western tourists.

Edited by Kooweerup

If you take the entire country, I think you will find that the ratios are vastly higher than twenty to one.........vastly!

• Like 1

Has Thailand just realised what the world has known for 40 years. Thailand is the sex and sleaze capital of the world. You see old fat 70 yrs old men gropping and slobbering over teenage girls and young women on every street corner and nook and cranny in places like pattaya and phuket. geez you even see them dribbling over them in places lice Big C food courts around the country it is disgusting to se these old men with girls that could be thier great great grandchildren. Thailand has encourage and built this reputation for decades so no use complaing about it now. Thailand sells it's young girls/children to western tourists.

Hey lay off us old men. I see this with men of every age down to the early twenties. These idiots come here not doing any research on the Thai culture and act like they are in Amsterdam. Makes me sick and when I see this I want to give them a piece of my mind but refrain.

I am sure this is one reason the respectable Thai people resent foreigners the way some of them do.

• Like 2

You could say this is equally offensive to American males. The idea that American males go to countries like Thailand to pay for sex?

I think we can all agree the sex industry is big here and lines the pockets very well for some people.

You can't have your cake 'and' eat it.

Well, they'll be really upset at O'Reilly on Fox this morning. According to him, there are sex tours operating from the States to Thailand specifically for underage sex. The way he puts it, there are underage brothels all over the place.

Considering he is watched by millions of Americans every day, he is probably more damaging to Thailand's reputation than this spoof VDO.

If you take the entire country, I think you will find that the ratios are vastly higher than twenty to one.........vastly!

I was being a little conservative . . . I wouldn't want to paint our gracious hosts in a bad light in any way you understand whistling.gifwai2.gif

You could say this is equally offensive to American males. The idea that American males go to countries like Thailand to pay for sex?

I think we can all agree the sex industry is big here and lines the pockets very well for some people.

Well, they'll be really upset at O'Reilly on Fox this morning. According to him, there are sex tours operating from the States to Thailand specifically for underage sex. The way he puts it, there are underage brothels all over the place.

Considering he is watched by millions of Americans every day, he is probably more damaging to Thailand's reputation than this spoof VDO.

Bill must have took a tour of Esaan.

That's pretty incredible. I've been coming to Thailand a lot longer than your 9 posts would indicate that you have been here, and I've yet to see much of what you describe.

Get out of a very small part of Bkk, Pattaya beach area and Patong, and you'll be unlikely to see much along that line at all.

BTW, plenty of young farang men with Thai girls now- or is it only offensive if it's old men?

• Like 1

There are companies in Australia that operate sex tours of Thailand also. They don't actually call them that but they organise holidays for single men to places like Pattaya for 7 days. Meet he locals and enjoy the nightlife.

That's pretty incredible. I've been coming to Thailand a lot longer than your 9 posts would indicate that you have been here, and I've yet to see much of what you describe.

Get out of a very small part of Bkk, Pattaya beach area and Patong, and you'll be unlikely to see much along that line at all.

BTW, plenty of young farang men with Thai girls now- or is it only offensive if it's old men?

I agree with all of what you wrote but I have to comment on less important (and admittedly off topic aspect of your post)as it has to do with a pet peeve of mine: going by what was written I'd not be at all surprised if the guy who wrote it hadn't spent much time in Thailand or was just trollin'. But suggesting that post count is an indicator of how long someone has been in Thailand or how well they know it is just ridiculous.

Consider this: when I joined last year, I pointed out some hugely inaccurate points someone had made about an aspect of Thailand that I know quite a lot about. His immediate response was to dismiss the possibility that I know anything about the topic or Thailand because I only had a few posts.

At the time I had been been visiting, and studying Thailand (language, history, culture. politics, sociology) for 30 years and lived here about 25.

I think it clearly very silly for people on this forum to equate expat life in Thailand with membership of this forum or to (consciously or not) conflate post count with knowledge of Thailand - and yet I've seen more than one member do so.

• Like 1

A person is judged by the amount of posts on herethumbsup.gif
  • Like 2

Well, I doubt that he's wrong.

I agree with all of what you wrote but I have to comment on less important (and admittedly off topic aspect of your post)as it has to do with a pet peeve of mine: going by what was written I'd not be at all surprised if the guy who wrote it hadn't spent much time in Thailand or was just trollin'. But suggesting that post count is an indicator of how long someone has been in Thailand or how well they know it is just ridiculous.

Consider this: when I joined last year, I pointed out some hugely inaccurate points someone had made about an aspect of Thailand that I know quite a lot about. His immediate response was to dismiss the possibility that I know anything about the topic or Thailand because I only had a few posts.

At the time I had been been visiting, and studying Thailand (language, history, culture. politics, sociology) for 30 years and lived here about 25.

I think it clearly very silly for people on this forum to equate expat life in Thailand with membership of this forum or to (consciously or not) conflate post count with knowledge of Thailand - and yet I've seen more than one member do so.

200 more posts and you will be just as wise as hethumbsup.gif Just kidding both of you. Spare me please I see your point.
  • Like 1

There are companies in Australia that operate sex tours of Thailand also. They don't actually call them that but they organise holidays for single men to places like Pattaya for 7 days. Meet he locals and enjoy the nightlife.

I don't doubt it, but O'Reilly was talking about UNDER AGE sex tours.

The next time you happen to be in a foreign country try this. Ask someone what country comes to mind when they think of people all over the world traveling there to have cheap sex.

Wow, that's a good one.

In my dictionary licentiousness is not defined as cheap sex.

I think the more appropriate word is lasciviousness. But even that would

be much more applicable to the farang sex tourist than to the Thai hooker.

The sex tourists are the lascivious ones -- so much so they spend a lot to

get sex (including the plane tickets, the hotels & all the *other* fees).

It's not my intent to defend Thailand. They don't need my defense.

It seems a bit too hypocritical for a farang to subsidize the Thai sex industry

and then denigrate the entire country for having a sex industry.

Also ludicrous.

It seems a bit too hypocritical for a farang to subsidize the Thai sex industry

and then denigrate the entire country for having a sex industry.

Also ludicrous.

Which Farang did that? (By the way, they did pretty paltry subsidizing (in relative terms), whoever it is. But while the industry no doubt welcomes such subsidy, it would do very well without it).

PS: I think your semantic argument is kind of silly (as is a poster labeling with moralistic and antiquated terms) but lascivious and licentious can be used the same way. And given that "Thai hookers" service countless Asian men, I don't know why the Farang is singled out by you. Further given what one meaning of licentious is, it makes no sense to apply it only to the customer but not the industry, those who run it and those who work in it.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

I guess that you're in your twenties, reason that you blow so high from the tower.

Let's talk again when you're the same age as the people you condemn now. You realise that you will get older don''t you ?

I agree completely. This same poster used to do it on the Lonely Planet forum too. Apparently according to him, if you havent been posting on a particular forum you can't have possibly spent any time in the country. What makes this all the more amusing is that he often gets his 'facts' mixed up and cant speak the language or read it. Baffling logic (or lack of it) to say the least. Very funny though.

Edited by Kananga
  • Like 1

Thai people often tell foreigners that we can't ever possibly understand Thai politics and culture (so don't even try and certainly don't comment or criticize).

Wouldn't it be rich if the U.S. ambassador responded to the complaints by saying, you can't possibly understand American humor!

It takes a certain level of intelligence to understand humor. Don't even get me started on Thai television...giggle.gif

Go down any of the major highways here, and take note of the small "short time" stay places, They are everywhere. I don't think they are for tired drivers.

Right you are. It's funny, up here in Esaan they call them "resorts".
  • Like 1

Go down any of the major highways here, and take note of the small "short time" stay places, They are everywhere. I don't think they are for tired drivers.

Right you are. It's funny, up here in Esaan they call them "resorts".

Same in the South, some even have those movies we aren't allowed to watch.

...maybe they should have added some "Boioioioioing", "Wooooooooohoooooo" and "hoink" noises and the Minister would have understood the clip better!?

Funny one Doc. A few years ago my gf bought a Charlie Chaplin silent movie CD. I was shocked to see the Thais had added audio to the CD. Go figure.