Female Thai Artists

britmaveric

I'm looking to increase my cd collection with Thai Female Artists.... :o

Please name your top 10 favourites...Artist/Name of CD that are must haves!!!!

Bullshite artists....

Nok

Lek

Mai

Pon

Pan

Noi

Om

Aow

Nam

Poo

:D

Singing artists.....Jindala Punlap....she is old hat now but she has an incredible voice

I'm looking to increase my cd collection with Thai Female Artists.... :o

Bullshite artists....

Nok

Lek

Mai

Pon

Pan

Noi

Om

Aow

Nam

Poo

:D

Singing artists.....Jindala Punlap....she is old hat now but she has an incredible voice

Lanna Commins is quite good - some is a bit too poppy for my taste, but some of her stuff is very good. My favourite song by her is "Wai Jai Da Gar". Her new album is available everywhere.

Another one I like is the Morlam singer Jintara, not sure of a particular album, but she is very popular and has an excellent voice.

Another one I like is the Morlam singer Jintara, not sure of a particular album, but she is very popular and has an excellent voice.

Same girl....hails from Roi Et.....I have 22 of her albums and a karaoke tape....my favourite song is "chodmai bai lai chabob"...and all the girls know it when I start to sing it..... :o

"Chan khian chodmai bai lai chabob, hok bob, jet bob" :D

Edited by gburns57au

Same girl....hails from Roi Et.....I have 22 of her albums and a karaoke tape....my favourite song is "chodmai bai lai chabob"...and all the girls know it when I start to sing it..... :o

Did you see her in Chai Lai - she was the high point of a very crap movie.

I like Mor Lam style, alas my wife looks down on this music as she is a total snob. She even strongly discourages me from buying any of these CD's and refuses to tell me the name of any artists i hear on TV or the radio in the fear i will seek it out and buy the CD!

The only one I know is that Tattaya .........no, forgoten her second name, I only read it about 5 mins ago aswell :o

I will ask my missis if you want brit, she is well into that type of music. Every time I call her instead of the ringing tone she's got a song set to play, think I know the words to it now even though it is in Thai :D

RJ81

Are you thinking of Tata Young?

She is my vote, great singer of both Thai and English songs.

Not a bad looker either.

She has had a lot of silicon / botox since that picture was taken. But I suppose I wouldn't throw her out of bed as long as she shuts up, she has a very irritating voice (although this is not noticeable when she sings) :o

Endorphine are pretty good Brit... the female lead singer has one of the clearest, pitch-perfect voices I've ever heard.

I posted a snippet of one of their songs in the "If you are listening to music now" thread here.

Have a listen... :o

'Seven', a group of already famous pop singers including Nat Myria, Nicole, Marsha etc have a few nice ones out too... and Palmy has karaeokeable songs; most of them are really upbeat and funky.

But you should seriously consider Joey Boy, even though he's not a female... he did some great rap for Bakery Music in the 90s.

Did you see her in Chai Lai - she was the high point of a very crap movie.

No I didnt see that....have seen her in numerous TV specials and just missed out on seeing her in Patters a few years ago....I tried to find out where she was appearing and had a few girls willing to come along with me....I went country for songkran that year and the day I left was the concert day...Peed me off no end that did... :D

I'm looking to increase my cd collection with Thai Female Artists.... :D

Lanna Commins and a traditional artist who's name escapes me. :o

I think you will be hard pressed to find somebody who can even name 10 Thai female artists.

I like Mor Lam style, alas my wife looks down on this music as she is a total snob. She even strongly discourages me from buying any of these CD's and refuses to tell me the name of any artists i hear on TV or the radio in the fear i will seek it out and buy the CD!

My brother - who has a degree in music - listened to some of my morlam and told me that technically it is a very hard style of singing. The female singers are required to use certain techniques that only very good singers can!

Morlam- Jintala Punlarp or Duan Paen, powerful and rhythmic, morlam is incredible music, not only do you have to 'tremble' on the note, you also have to remember an extraordinary amount of words, irresistible dance music after the initial' oh la nor......' which in the hands of the above 2 artists can bring you to tears.

Country- Pum Puang, a wonderful voice with a range no one has been able to match and she couldn't even read! She could sing everything from fast dance music to slow ballads. The queen of country music. Her company have released countless albums but if you can get a collection of her greatest hits, both slow and fast you may get a good cross-section.

Siripon Ampaipong, a husky, emotional voice which you don't forget, she sings either country of morlam.

Oratai,( I forget the surname), nickname Dtai, again a voice full of emotion,very popular the last 2 years, her first 2 albums are both worth collecting.

Sunari Ratchasima, she could never dance, but she has, or had, the sweetest voice in Thailand, apart from being beautiful. I remember seeing her on stage at Wat In,( near Banglampu), just after Pum Puang had died and one of the audience called out for 'Lok khong Peung',( the world of Pheung-the nickname of Pum Puang)- she sang it unaccompanied,soaring notes, heartrending.

Regarding pop music, I apogise for being of no use!