Doomed To Fail Or Worth A Try?

eezergood

We all have our own opinion on " no shows" some of us discussed the reasons at the last TV function

Is the OP arranging a function for mixed company or just a bucks party,

The only opinion that matters on this subject is the person who doesn't show up.

Only they know, unless they say here, why they don't come. All else is supposition, conjecture and gossip.

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have our own opinion on " no shows" some of us discussed the reasons at the last TV function

The only opinion that matters on this subject is the person who doesn't show up.

Only they know, unless they say here, why they don't come. All else is supposition, conjecture and gossip.

Look, no offense to you KB, I think you said in advance you weren't going to show, but I felt badly for the guy that put it together (sorry Alzheimers setting in , can't remember his nic) as he sat with 30 of these ID's that he had put together of people said they were going to show, but didn't.

Plus I haven't ever heard you and stevenl come out with the "well I heard......." now that's gossip and thats my point. The old grannies are the ones that want to knock the get together who weren't even there.

Frankly, it was a good gig, maybe next one we can get some live music and some female TV members to show up.

Oilinki-sorry man, Kamala a bit out of my way unless I am working, otherwise surely would join you for a beer.

• Like 1

Look, no offense to you KB, I think you said in advance you weren't going to show, but I felt badly for the guy that put it together (sorry Alzheimers setting in , can't remember his nic) as he sat with 30 of these ID's that he had put together of people said they were going to show, but didn't.

Plus I haven't ever heard you and stevenl come out with the "well I heard......." now that's gossip and thats my point. The old grannies are the ones that want to knock the get together who weren't even there.

Frankly, it was a good gig, maybe next one we can get some live music and some female TV members to show up.

Oilinki-sorry man, Kamala a bit out of my way unless I am working, otherwise surely would join you for a beer.

Agree, all that matters is who is going to show up at the next event, organised by ezergood, and heresay comments about the previous event are not contributing anything.

These things seem to get dragged on forever. Peter tried this years ago and a few of us turned up. George did one at Freedom Beach a couple of years before Peter's try and actually there was a decent turn out for that one. There was live music, some food and drink. But those seemed to be friendlier times than they are on TV Phuket now.

Edited by Jimi007

• 1 month later...

These things seem to get dragged on forever. Peter tried this years ago and a few of us turned up. George did one at Freedom Beach a couple of years before Peter's try and actually there was a decent turn out for that one. There was live music, some food and drink. But those seemed to be friendlier times than they are on TV Phuket now.

Just look who was the organizer. That tells you why it failed.

His online persona was a turn off from the get go.

In saying that, I do miss the guy and made me laugh with his forum banter but he is now banned. He couldn't keep the online threats in check.

He was the ultimate keyboard warrior.

In saying that, I do miss the guy and made me laugh with his forum banter but he is now banned. He couldn't keep the online threats in check.

I agree, he could be amusing!

Well, well, well.......I never knew that.

Can't help feeling a touch of schadenfreude.

Eezergood, just get the show on the road, pick a date and a venue. Ideally it should be a place which is big, but normally quiet. Don't worry about maybe few people turning up, if nobody else comes I will buy you a beer. Any location is cool for me as long as there are hotels near by, I will need one.

Eezergood, just get the show on the road, pick a date and a venue. Ideally it should be a place which is big, but normally quiet. Don't worry about maybe few people turning up, if nobody else comes I will buy you a beer. Any location is cool for me as long as there are hotels near by, I will need one.

i would make one in,low season here,so loads of time.

Is that an offer?

Is that an offer?

yes