Phuket Parents Join ' Fight Club'

webfact

Phuket parents join 'fight club'

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Two parents tired of having their boy picked on by a gang of students at school took matters into their own hands today by turning up at the school and “slapping” the five bullies.

They have since been charged with assault.

newsjsSgt Paritat Duangkamol of the Thalang Police was called to Muang Thalang School at 8:10am. Outside the principal’s office he met Bunphot Pangsrilakon, 45 and his wife Yupa, 46.

“They said five boys often teased their son to the point their son did not want to go to school anymore.

“Their son reported the problem to teachers several times, but they did not take the issue seriously, so the boys kept harassing him,” Sgt Paritat explained.

The final straw for Mr Bunphot and Mrs Yupa came on Sunday when their son went to the school to take an examination. When he returned to his parked motorbike, he found scratches all over it and the mirrors broken.

Presuming the same five boys were responsible for the damage, Mr Bunphot and Mrs Yupa arrived at the school this morning and asked their son to point out the gang to them.

After morning assembly was over, the couple approached the gang of five – all about 15 years old.

“As they saw the boys, they started to get angry and ended up slapping the boys’ faces in front of other students,” Sgt Paritat explained.

“Mr and Mrs Pangsrilakon have now been charged with assault,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...club-20145.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-06

I remember my son getting bullied in his first couple of years of primary school - I got sick of it in the end as the school wouldn't deal with it, so I got the boys fathers outside the school and kicked seven shades of shit out of them and told them all that every night my boy got a hiding, so did they. Bullying stopped immediately. Was a big confidence booster for my boy too when he watched the little shits' fathers slapping their ears all the way down the road after it smile.png

Wow - you must be a boxer, MMA star or something really special. Kicking the crap of several other guys and infront of your son too. Guess he was real proud of his macho super hard dad. Lucky you didn't pistol whip'em, cut'em up a bit or shoot'em. What a role model!

• Like 1

Very surprised that the parents were charged - surely this is a valid reason to be let off for "personal reasons"?

No - physically assaulting children is against the law in most countries. It's very tempting in cases of bullying - but illegal. This wasn't self defence and could lead to revenge attacks from the parents of the assaulted children.

The school should be the ones punished for their lack of interest and action. The bullies should be dealt with appropriately. All parents can understand their angst and anger - but that does not excuse their actions.

I remember my son getting bullied in his first couple of years of primary school - I got sick of it in the end as the school wouldn't deal with it, so I got the boys fathers outside the school and kicked seven shades of shit out of them and told them all that every night my boy got a hiding, so did they. Bullying stopped immediately. Was a big confidence booster for my boy too when he watched the little shits' fathers slapping their ears all the way down the road after it smile.png

Wow - you must be a boxer, MMA star or something really special. Kicking the crap of several other guys and infront of your son too. Guess he was real proud of his macho super hard dad. Lucky you didn't pistol whip'em, cut'em up a bit or shoot'em. What a role model!

Obviously you have no children. No caring parent would stood by and watch his child being bullied. I would do exactly the same thing as bigdod....beat the shit out of these little scumbags. Once my kid came home crying, says South African bitch teacher put a soap in his mouth....I found her and slapped her right in front of everybody. Next day I moved my kid to new school. She and school never brought charges against me, in fact she was fired few weeks later for false theft report and subsequently kicked out of country.

• Like 1

Obviously you have no children. No caring parent would stood by and watch his child being bullied. I would do exactly the same thing as bigdod....beat the shit out of these little scumbags. Once my kid came home crying, says South African bitch teacher put a soap in his mouth....I found her and slapped her right in front of everybody. Next day I moved my kid to new school. She and school never brought charges against me, in fact she was fired few weeks later for false theft report and subsequently kicked out of country.

Sir you are crazy. The majority of parents stand idle in front of their children getting bullied. This is why there is so much bullying. If parents actually did something after a few times it would go away. Dont forget that the vast majority of parents are kids who were bullied and friendless throughout school. They find what they missed in their youth through their children and also are more often financially comfortable since they didnt spend their 20's partying.

Rarely have i seen the children of a "cool" person get bullied. That parent will make sure his children has the tools to be accepted in school and if that does not work he will have enough social skills to leave the comfort of his bubble and address the problem. Problem is most "cool" people chose not to have kids untill they are very old or not at all.

Anyways good job. You probably had more than your pen as a friend through highschool

Edited by bearpolar
  • Like 1

No - I have several children. Part of having children is growing up, becoming an adult and dealing with things responsibly and dealing with issues in a mature way.

If a child is bullied it is tempting to step in - but please cut the macho crap. Beating the shit out of children will get you in trouble with the police and bring more issues for your child through the attached stigma. And as for beating the shit out of several of their fathers............. yeah right.

Slapping a lady teacher - were you standing up for your kid - or was there some other motivation? You are lucky the lady and school did not bring charges.

I hate bullies and have had a couple of issues with teachers and my kids. In both cases I didn't resort to violent retribution, even though sorely tempted, but pushed through the appropriate channels with the school heads, local authority or owners.

Don't try slapping a teacher over here - or you will be in deep troubel.

No - I have several children. Part of having children is growing up, becoming an adult and dealing with things responsibly and dealing with issues in a mature way.

If a child is bullied it is tempting to step in - but please cut the macho crap. Beating the shit out of children will get you in trouble with the police and bring more issues for your child through the attached stigma. And as for beating the shit out of several of their fathers............. yeah right.

Slapping a lady teacher - were you standing up for your kid - or was there some other motivation? You are lucky the lady and school did not bring charges.

I hate bullies and have had a couple of issues with teachers and my kids. In both cases I didn't resort to violent retribution, even though sorely tempted, but pushed through the appropriate channels with the school heads, local authority or owners.

Don't try slapping a teacher over here - or you will be in deep troubel.

so if someone was pissing in the face of your child you'd tell him to please consider his feelings and to move away instead of taking his dong and squeezing it untill a ball poped up inside his body? You cant be mature when most of the world isnt.

Baerboxer - sorry to disapoint you mate, but no, I'm nothing special. For sure I can take care of myself, but I learned that when dealing with things responsibly and dealing with issues in a mature way didnt work. When the headmaster's view is that (quote/unquote) "boys will be boys" and the police refuse to intervene, there are not a lot of alternatives available to the concerned parent. Argueably, taking the law into one's own hands is not perhaps always the best course of action, however; the child in question came from a long line of local thugs so I used a language they were all more than familiar with. They had had two years to control this problem and that day was the one that broke the camels back for me. The fact that all of the onlooking parents clapped and cheered told me that I was not alone in thinking that this was the required course of action. For the most part, we all know how bullies operate and all this lefty 'touchy feely' nonsense is wasted on them, so in spite of your views, I am content with my actions and even moreso with the outcome.

Regarding your 'role model' comment, all 3 of my kids grew up well and all know the meaning of respect. I'm proud of them for that. Me, I may be an a$$hole, but I always did what was best for my kids, and I'd do it all again if I had to.

Baerboxer - sorry to disapoint you mate, but no, I'm nothing special. For sure I can take care of myself, but I learned that when dealing with things responsibly and dealing with issues in a mature way didnt work. When the headmaster's view is that (quote/unquote) "boys will be boys" and the police refuse to intervene, there are not a lot of alternatives available to the concerned parent. Argueably, taking the law into one's own hands is not perhaps always the best course of action, however; the child in question came from a long line of local thugs so I used a language they were all more than familiar with. They had had two years to control this problem and that day was the one that broke the camels back for me. The fact that all of the onlooking parents clapped and cheered told me that I was not alone in thinking that this was the required course of action. For the most part, we all know how bullies operate and all this lefty 'touchy feely' nonsense is wasted on them, so in spite of your views, I am content with my actions and even moreso with the outcome.

Regarding your 'role model' comment, all 3 of my kids grew up well and all know the meaning of respect. I'm proud of them for that. Me, I may be an a$$hole, but I always did what was best for my kids, and I'd do it all again if I had to.

Its when parents stopped thinking like you that the school shootings started. touchy feely isnt human nature

Edited by bearpolar

Giving the full story in a sensible narrative presents a different picture. Sadly, in the so called developed world, the scenario you describe is very common. Police and teachers are often restricted by rules and polcies which prevent them from dealing with bullies in the way that they know they should. Some people will not respond to the "touchy feely" approach and have to be dealt with differently. The real sad issue is that the bullies' parents chose to ignore their childrens' unacceptable behaviour and those who should be protecting your children are unable to do so effectively. Very frustrating and sounds like other parents were on the verge of doing something too.

Interesting that you comment on knowing the meaning of respect. Too many parents these days don't take the time with their children to instill good behaviour values and respect. You can really see the difference in the behaviour of kids whose parents do. Most of us try to do the best for our kids, but some, like the bullies' parents you describe, just don't bother.

Its when parents stopped thinking like you that the school shootings started. touchy feely isnt human nature

Based on what psychological, and social behaviuoral research do you make these comments on?

So school shootings started when parents stopped fighting outside the shool gates? Interesting hypothesis.

Based on what psychological, and social behaviuoral research do you make these comments on?

So school shootings started when parents stopped fighting outside the shool gates? Interesting hypothesis.

I dont see how this needs more explainations. If you were under 80 of age you would of noticed that these past 20~ years kids have been killing each other instead of the old usual small beatings with limits one on one. They've also started having sex parties at around age 9.

This kind of behavior would of never picked up as much when parents were less touchy feely and more you'll get my foot in your ass if you disrespect someone . Most of these problems are coming from the new ways to raise kids that came from "scientist" who were beaten up and are trying to crumble society(as a hobby) as payback for their failure to act normal around other people in school.

Edited by bearpolar

I dont see how this needs more explainations. If you were under 80 of age you would of noticed that these past 20~ years kids have been killing each other instead of the old usual small beatings with limits one on one. They've also started having sex parties at around age 9.

This kind of behavior would of never picked up as much when parents were less touchy feely and more you'll get my foot in your ass if you disrespect someone . Most of these problems are coming from the new ways to raise kids that came from "scientist" who were beaten up and are trying to crumble society(as a hobby) as payback for their failure to act normal around other people in school.

Gents, I get the impression that we all actually agree to some extent that the situation today is not as it once was and the fault lies with us, the parents. OK, not us per say, but in general, and a causal factor in my opinion is, as bearpolar says, the 'new' way in which we are schooling our kids, and this in turn lands squarely at the feet of all the liberal 'do-gooders' who are telling us how to raise our kids. Of course, battering children is an absolute no no, however; when the need arises, there's nothing like a good clip round the ear to let a child know he's crossed the line. If I as a kid ever went home and told my father that the local bobby had given me a good boot up the @rse, then I was in for a whole world of trouble for doing something to warrant such action - no law suits here.... and in school if I stepped out of line, they didn't ask me to 'express my feelings' or any such twaddle, I got 6 of the best. All of my teachers were in full control of their respective classes. Look at the situation now though - we've ended up with a generation of socially inept beings unable to deal with failure because they were never taught that some people will win and inevitably some people will lose and how to deal with both - so now they develop 'issues' and then they express them. Sometimes with an automatic weapon. Obviously, this is just touching on a couple of points, the whole issue is probably far too big to debate on here (especially given the standard of my typing) but in general I tend to agree that our society/societies are but a shadow of their former selves in many ways, including this.

I guess this has gone off topic slightly as bullying is hardly a new age problem, its just that I feel that we seem to have forgotten how to deal with this issue, ie first and foremost in what and how we educate our kids, secondly, when the need arises, sometimes we just have to take care of business for ourselves and our families.