Advice On Quote For Carport

JohanBKK

Hello,

I asked for a quote for a carport and the price seems extremely high to me. I'm in Hua Hin area, any advice ? I just want to protect my car from the sun, i can't believe it's gonna cost me 210K. She first quoted 225K, i asked for a better price and 10 days later this is her last offer.

post-57332-0-11088200-1360136882_thumb.p

Edited by JohanBKK

The other one i asked is pretty similar.

The other day i was driving my car and i saw a nice carport, a thai guy who worked in my home was with me, he needed to buy some stuff. He told me a carport wouldn't cost more than 10 000 baht, so i asked a few quotes arround. The first guy told me 100K for labbor then i had to buy materials, then he dropped to 90, then to 80 and then to 70K. It's pretty expensive for thai labbor. They make huge margins on that. I paid a few guys to paint my home and i calculated that i paid arround 1000 baht per HOUR per person of labbor in total, it's huge ! Now i'm afraid to make another mistake. And it's not even good quality painting.

I don't like to pay more than the real price, i feel bad about it when i get ripped of (even if i can afford it).

15k tops ........ for steel frame plus plastic panels, but it can be done a lot cheaper.

Here is one my friend did earlier ........

post-152992-0-66072300-1360150506_thumb.

400bht for the canvas, 20 bht for the string, and apparently he (and Mr. Machete) found the bamboo poles sticking out of the ground in the jungle.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

we had an extension put on the back of our house (about the size of a car port) with french sliding doors, and tiled floor, and the total with materials and labour was less than 60,000B

where is the price of the roof of 1500B / m2 coming from?!

you can buy thick corrugated roofing, bigger than 1 m2 for 60 baht a piece

You dont say where on te property the car port is going.. is there already a driveway? do you need to pour more concrete for a base?

if already a driveway and you just want to put up a cover.. Don't get a builder get a fabricator.. eg steel frame and colorbond steel roof over the existing driveway.. about 40-50k max.

• 7 months later...

2 years ago I had built a carport that was 8 meters wide and 7 meters deep ....wasn't really built on the cheap as it included 2 custom made sliding 4 meter gates (1.8 meters high), parking area was reinforced with #12 re-bar and 10 inches of concrete, with no slip tiles on top of the concrete. Eight concrete posts were put in (pored concrete posts), steel framed slab roof style with slight slope. Underneath was covered with 4inch wide fake wood slates (i think made out of some fiberglass mix ) and corrugated Tin roof.

Cost 100,000 Baht....This was done in Rayong

Only difference appears to be that I have NO concrete beams....Just concrete posts (pored) with steel framed roof (slightly sloped) sitting on the posts.

post-174939-0-05237700-1380267322_thumb.

post-174939-0-04991600-1380267354_thumb.

I'm renting a house that had a single car carport when we moved in. I asked the landlord to double the size and that I would pay. He did and charged me 10k baht in Hua Hin so I imagine the original one car one would have been around 25k. It is similar to what is described above, except for the posts he used pre fab round cement pipes footed and filled with cement, then welded steel frame at the top of the pipes supporting a slightly hipped roof that is tin or some composite. It's hipped about a 60 cm from the front with a long slope running to the back. Click on the photo for a larger view.

post-10734-0-91143000-1380337093_thumb.j

post-10734-0-60228500-1380337132_thumb.j

Edited by hhfarang
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...