Chinese Tourists Flow Into Thailand For Lunar New Year

webfact

Chinese tourists flow into Thailand for lunar new year

By English News

20130207084914.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 6 – At least 200,000 tourists from China are expected to celebrate Chinese New Year in Thailand, starting Saturday, with Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Surat Thani and Chiang Mai their favourite destinations, a senior tourism official said on Wednesday.

Thanitta Savetsila Maneechote, deputy permanent secretary for tourism and sports, said the ministry has cooperated with several state and private agencies to arrange facilities for the tourists’ convenience in Thailand during the lunar new year holidays from Sunday Feb 9 and extending through Feb16.

newsjs

Chiang Mai is a prominent destination for “free independent travel” with tour operators normally arranging blocks of rooms in advance for individual tourists who travel independently, and not in groups.

The tourists will mostly enter Thailand through three major airports: Suvarnabhumi, Don Meaung and Phuket.

Thirty-one additional chartered flights, or a total of 985 flights altogether, will land at Suvarnabhumi Airport daily Feb 6-18, carrying 216,866 passengers, while Don Meaung will receive 98 chartered flights with 14,000 travellers.

Ms Thanitta said tourism and immigration police will be reinforced at the airports to facilitate arriving tourists especially during the 8pm-2am peak hours.

This is the first year the Chinese government has assigned its minister of culture to participate in the lunar new year celebrations with Thais of Chinese descent, she said, adding that a 180-member Chinese troupe will perform at Koh Larn off the eastern resort town of Pattaya. Koh Larn is one of the most popular islands among Chinese tourists. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-02-07

They are in Chiang Mai and every establishment is filled to the brim

Even at a local hotel they are here screaming on the 3rd floor ..I had to remind them they can just talk which they do now ...nice folks

Ask for an ang bao !

Funny. I thought I would never meet people that talked louder than these good folks here in Esaan. But that was before I went to China and visited a restaurant.
  • Like 1

Even at a local hotel they are here screaming on the 3rd floor ..I had to remind them they can just talk which they do now ...nice folks

Ask for an ang bao !

Funny. I thought I would never meet people that talked louder than these good folks here in Esaan. But that was before I went to China and visited a restaurant.

Chinese are loud! They drive me nuts with their screaming.

Ask for an ang bao !

Yeah...I'll second that. And they all talk at the same time - beats the hell out of me how anyone can make out a word anyone else says...blink.png

Edited by bigdod

Ask for an ang bao !

That's what they say about Americans!

• Like 2

Ask for an ang bao !

It's not the same. Trust me on that one. I lived in China for many years and in many cities.

This is just great, hope the number of chinese and russians tourist coming to Thailand continue increasing cuz the more chinese and russians come here the more money I make wai2.gif

You are a counterfeiter if you make money, but if you earn it,ok.

Ask for an ang bao !

It is my opinion that only the Chinese 'talk' louder than Americans. Must be noisy places.

I once politely asked 3 Chinese in a KL restaurant, if they'd continue their fighting outside and not disturb those of us eating.

One guy replied in perfect English, explaining that they were only 'talking'. They did quieten down considerably. wai.gif

Ask for an ang bao !

I hope you didn't see them eating.....

• Like 1

It is my opinion that only the Chinese 'talk' louder than Americans. Must be noisy places.

I once politely asked 3 Chinese in a KL restaurant, if they'd continue their fighting outside and not disturb those of us eating.

One guy replied in perfect English, explaining that they were only 'talking'. They did quieten down considerably. wai.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My wife is from the south of thailand chinese ethnic....

frequently I ask her why should bought a mobile phone, her voice is loud enough to cover all thailand...

• Like 1