English Tourist Injured After He Attempts To Stop An Argument In Soi 8.

britmaveric

Good on the lad and I'm happy it worked out this time, but lets face it could have gotten him killed - very stupid. ** I disagree - coming to the aid of a damsel indistress anywhere is proper. As a teenager I witnessed a drunk beat up his adult doughter at a train station and there was a crowd of onlookers. No one, including my father, did anything. I threw snow in the attacker's face and he ran off back to the bar. To just watch while a woman is endangered is not acceptable! (When thugs attacked me and destroyed my motorcycle near Dublin, I was frozen in shock - a 230 lbs guy wearing protective leather & a helmet, I could have ...). Brawling is not the solution - it was one hel_l of a situation!

I watched a woman beating hel_l out of her husband once. Their were loads of people about too. No one intervened. Disgusting. :o

I agree, from the article it sounds like a bit of bravado on the farang lads side, it was physical harrasment so probably best left alone.

Here's an interesting twist for you, what if the girl was English and getting the same harrassment from the Thai guys, still not step in?

I agree, from the article it sounds like a bit of bravado on the farang lads side, it was physical harrasment so probably best left alone.

Here's an interesting twist for you, what if the girl was English and getting the same harrassment from the Thai guys, still not step in?

Again we don't know the situation, prob get the police.

However that being said Thai/Farang it would be hard to ignore someone screaming for help, and I prob have to take action of some sort. :o

Good on the lad and I'm happy it worked out this time, but lets face it could have gotten him killed - very stupid. ** I disagree - coming to the aid of a damsel indistress anywhere is proper. As a teenager I witnessed a drunk beat up his adult doughter at a train station and there was a crowd of onlookers. No one, including my father, did anything. I threw snow in the attacker's face and he ran off back to the bar. To just watch while a woman is endangered is not acceptable! (When thugs attacked me and destroyed my motorcycle near Dublin, I was frozen in shock - a 230 lbs guy wearing protective leather & a helmet, I could have ...). Brawling is not the solution - it was one hel_l of a situation!

Well said!

Its good to see that at least some of us are flying the flag and standing up for the weak. Something the thai men will never realise is that we europeans tend to have a strong sense of chivalry (of which I have seen none of from the thais)

Seeing the the weak get helplessly coerced/attacked by drunken thais is a perfect example of when to rush to someones aid!

Yes, it is often foolhardy and is dangerous, but would you rather have a world where no-one helps anyone getting attacked and just looks on like a coward?

The thai men do themselves no justice or respect by their 'lets all fight in a gang of 5+ and kick someones head in!' mentality.

They had no excuse to attack him with an iron bar and should be given a good sharp spell in prison to cool their heels!.

Well said!

Its good to see that at least some of us are flying the flag and standing up for the weak. Something the thai men will never realise is that we europeans tend to have a strong sense of chivalry (of which I have seen none of from the thais)

Seeing the the weak get helplessly coerced/attacked by drunken thais is a perfect example of when to rush to someones aid!

Yes, it is often foolhardy and is dangerous, but would you rather have a world where no-one helps anyone getting attacked and just looks on like a coward?

The thai men do themselves no justice or respect by their 'lets all fight in a gang of 5+ and kick someones head in!' mentality.

They had no excuse to attack him with an iron bar and should be given a good sharp spell in prison to cool their heels!.

So you would quite happilly join in if this were in a red light district of uk/europe/us???

because if I'm not mistaken,Soi 7 might aswell be a red light district(in its own right) and this kind of squabble is all to common in places like these.

Yes hookers are human to,but hookers and trouble do tend to go hand-in-hand..

And as she was only having a "verbal alteracation" with this guy,only a fool would jump in feet first and start trying to defend her(the hooker)...As i said earlier in the thread ,chances are this english guy didn't even know what the agument was about,as it would certainly have all been spoken in thai.

But hey,<deleted> it...Next time Im sitting,drinkin a singha,minding my own buisness in soi 7,and you are passing,feel free to entertain me by taking punches at the first guy you see having a tiff with his mrs..

Well said!

I don't know if it ever occured to you, but Pattaya isn't exactly the best place for acting like Superman, it just doesn't worth it and as I've already seen that someone pointed it out, sometimes hookers and trouble go hand in hand, they both have a special atttraction one for another...Nobody will ever thank you for a help like this, they have heir own world which doesn't include farangs after a point...

:D

Nobody should get themselves involved in a verbal altercation between strangers.

This Pom did and the bar owner then became involved trying to rescue the Pom. The bar owner then gets himself injured.

There would have been a million Thais witnessing the argument, all standing back and minding their own business. It took one dopey Pom to pin on his deputy sherrif badge and turn a minor verbal argument into an assault. :D

............and the silly thing is, he still didn't get the girl. :D

Is'nt it nice to know that there are still some English gentlemen left in the world and the poor bar-girl was not waiting for help from an Aussie!!! :o as it has been said before when a woman is in trouble 'gentlemen' should help.

:D:D

Nah. Girl should travel wit h her daddy if she can´t handle herself.

Maybe fifteen years ago, I´d have answered different. Back then travellers were travellers not just ...well, what we have now is it seems every western teenager, as soon as they get out of school, go lonely planeting around the world, and there are just toooooo many dumb or stupid young kids from our countries getting themselves into troubles. I´m an expat, have been all my life. I want to survive and survive happily in my host country. All these young whippersnappers would do would be to jeapordise my life.

Aussies can be gentlemen but we use our brains before our brawn.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! :o:D:D

I blieve wolfie said it best when he said....

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! :D:D:D

After reading the many responses to this thread it is amazing to me that nobody has even thought about the Thai bar owner who came to the assistance of this farang.Just ask yourself how many would have the guts to behave in such a manner,knowing that he might suffer some retribution at a later date.

i for one say a very well done to this brave fellow and intend to drop by his bar in April and make my feelings known to him. :o:D:D

i for one say a very well done to this brave fellow and intend to drop by his bar in April and make my feelings known to him. :D:D:D

That's a nice gesture. Remember to bring your own iron pipe and a crash helmut. :o

:D:D:D Twonville, maybe with tis occasion you will be the one paying for all the troubles :D

We're talking about a 'hooker' here,not some old lady whose just been mugged...

My guess is he wanted to impress the girl and whoever else was in the vicintiy

Gee, how can you say for sure that she was a hooker? Does that give two boys the right to assault her?

If she is a hooker as you say, is she one because she has no alternatives? Is she a hooker voluntarily or is she being forced into it? Hookers are people too.

There are some cases where one should try to assist someone who might be in for a beating or worse. We don't know the facts, yet many here seem to have strong opinions.

Yes, let's all sit back and let the little Thai cowards beat up girls, tourists and whomever they want. It's painfully obvious that Thai men only fight if they have overwhelming odds.

Getting involved is a sign of compassion, something that seems to be a bit of a myth in this country.

We're talking about a 'hooker' here,not some old lady whose just been mugged...

My guess is he wanted to impress the girl and whoever else was in the vicintiy

Gee, how can you say for sure that she was a hooker? Does that give two boys the right to assault her?

If she is a hooker as you say, is she one because she has no alternatives? Is she a hooker voluntarily or is she being forced into it? Hookers are people too.

There are some cases where one should try to assist someone who might be in for a beating or worse. We don't know the facts, yet many here seem to have strong opinions.

Yes, let's all sit back and let the little Thai cowards beat up girls, tourists and whomever they want. It's painfully obvious that Thai men only fight if they have overwhelming odds.

Getting involved is a sign of compassion, something that seems to be a bit of a myth in this country.

Read the original post..Then can you tell me were its says she was "beaten up"???

It doesn't say it!!and as i said before,this kind of "street bickering" is all to common place when you frequent the the same places as hookers...