My Short Movie "bad Skill"

phompen

I will be shooting songkran in patong.

Trust your camera will be waterproof and that it will be properly protected when the chavs and yobs cause it to fall to the ground.

Having spent too much time in Patong, I suggest you reconsider, if you have a valuable camera.

Anyway back to the enterprising film maker. No, did not like it.

However, I admrred your photographs. You have an enviable eye and understanding of staging, for lack of a better term. I'd rather pay to see your work in a gallery than your film in a cinema.

I watched your movie.

Unfortunately I did not like it.

The Actors delivered cringeworthy performances. The editing was weak. The sound quality was bad and the story was poor.

I tell you this because I want you to improve and create good short films and not to deter you from doing more movies. I admire your attitude to create movies and put them out there for criticism. It's more than I could do, and probably better than most us could do, so well done for your effort.

BTW, your car and tuk tuk driving scenes were good because of the music. It reminded me of a clip by Spiller that was filmed in Bangkok.

I hope you stick at it and create more videos and Good Luck.

You seem to be lacking 3 crucial characteristics for someone setting off on a creative adventure :

1 self criticism

2 originality

3 a passionate knowledge of the heritage of film making and still photography

The short movie "Dlock" posted is probably similar in budget to your own, but it is using a "film making language ".I can not think of one scene in your movie where you used anything other than the most obvious way of setting your scenes, editing your cuts etc.

Same with your still photography.You obviously have quality cameras and lenses,but it is them that is taking the pictures,not you - 90% of your pictures have no identity of there own, they could have been taken by any of the millions of other people with exactly the same equipment.

I'm assuming you are quite young, and are hopefully at the bottom of a learning curve, but you really must go and learn what makes a good movie or photograph ,and not assume that enthusiasm will get you there.

Here's an example of a young film maker in Thailand that I really liked.

I just liked the whole thing, especially the sound and music.

You might get something from it.

spooky shit that.

i have to say, it is pretty close to how i 'feel' Pattaya, though grossly amplifed.

However, I admrred your photographs. You have an enviable eye and understanding of staging, for lack of a better term. I'd rather pay to see your work in a gallery than your film in a cinema.

thank you very much, I appreciate your comment

yes I did not made a popular movie, it was a choice from the start, if I had chosen as a first actress a beautiful thai women with big boobs I'm sure I would have "not 728 youtube views as actually" but probably 5000 views yet...

my photographies are more popular than my movie, I will reach 100,000 views on flickr in few days (I've started flickr 10 months ago), I plan to work more with models girls soon

You seem to be lacking 3 crucial characteristics for someone setting off on a creative adventure :

1 self criticism

the point number 1 is exactly what is missing to you

looking the people from the rooftop doesn't mean you are higher, so please go down from the rooftop...