Cisco Ios

rio666uk

hi'

so here is one, why ZA isn't compatible with a cisco routeur if the routeur's firewall is activated?

francois

Explain ZA, and a little more insight in which part of your configuration is not working. (debugging will often tell you why!)

hi'

wrong answer, the firewall inside the routeur is a standalone harware stuff and there is no way to get it working as a single com with za or part of network, it's simply not compatible, the routeur block za to make it's job, so the best you get is security for paranoid and at least 1mb off your bandwidth :D

done, tested, debugged, logged, za and cisco routeur with firewall integrated aren't compatible, but none tells you this :o

anyway, a hardware firewall is far enough(even more efficient than a software ..), a good antivirus with and you're ok :D

francois

"wrong answer"........

Maybe it's my mistake, but I thought this topic was about getting help with IOS.

So if we're talking IOS, and you come up with a question about a firewall, I'm thinking you use the fw-feature set in an IOS image.

But I still have no clue of what ZA is, so in case I offended you with my answer: my apologies.

Edited by Prasert

"wrong answer"........

Maybe it's my mistake, but I thought this topic was about getting help with IOS.

So if we're talking IOS, and you come up with a question about a firewall, I'm thinking you use the fw-feature set in an IOS image.

But I still have no clue of what ZA is, so in case I offended you with my answer: my apologies.

hi'

no offence :D at all, rio disapear after asking, he want privacy may be :o

and it look lile ios is iso :D

nothing to do with routing and firewall, my mistake :D

francois

Yeah sorry I havent been back to this topic - Prasert kindly went through some suggestions to a lengthy PM i sent him regarding cisco aironet 1100 access points - and some error message that was displayed when access the point from web interface.