Prisoner Killed In Trang Jail

webfact

Prisoner killed in Trang jail

The Nation on Sunday

TRANG: -- A 40-year-old prisoner died from multiple stab wounds after being attacked yesterday by another inmate, reportedly enraged by his cooperation with Corrections Department officials' seeking to intercept 11 cell-phones that were smuggled into Trang Prison.

Muang Trang police officer Sub-Lieutenant Ratthakan Phromrat said Thaweep Eiadtun, who was sentenced to 25 years in 2007 for drug offences, was rushed to Trang Hospital at 8am but succumbed to stab wounds to the torso, arms and head.

newsjs

An inquiry found Thaweep was stabbed by another inmate from Zone 1 in front of other prisoners.

Nupin Polprasit said her brother Thaweep told her on Friday that he worked with officials to intercept 11 smuggled cell-phones, hence she suspected those who "lost benefits" may have wanted to get back at him.

Trang Prison official Sompong Leunkattawa said identity of the killer was not known and the probe was having difficulty proceeding because witnesses were also afraid of being attacked.

But he said they would get the wrongdoer punished as it was a daring attack on person who had helped officials.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-10

Nobody likes a snitch

Now we know which side of the law you support. Drug dealers are ok, eh?

How do you came to this conclusion? Did I said or wrote that? I only mentioned the obvious. As far as I read the story it was about smuggling cell-phones and not about drugs. Maybe you should try to read it again. And in the future do not make any assumptions about me and my opinions out of the blue.

Edited by hanuman2543

Very newsworthy. 65% of criminals in Thailand are locked up on drug offenses. A small amount can land them 30 years to life. You can "hang em' high" all day until someone you know and love gets in the same predicament. Then they become the warehoused and forgotten. Stuck to fend for themselves with the other animals. I'm not talking about "those that deserve it" or hardened criminals. Just regular folks that do something stupid or out of need. Those folks make up a sizable percentage.--there are people that care about them still, including their families. RIP to the victim.

• Like 2

Nobody likes a snitch

Many love the treachery but despise the traitor. Got to ask why wasn't this guy protected? What was he promised in return for his information?

Were you paraphrasing Thomas Dekker? From the Honest Whore (original quote). This principle is old, but true as fate,

Kings may love treason, but the traitor hate.

Nobody likes a snitch

Many love the treachery but despise the traitor. Got to ask why wasn't this guy protected? What was he promised in return for his information?

Were you paraphrasing Thomas Dekker? From the Honest Whore (original quote). This principle is old, but true as fate,

Kings may love treason, but the traitor hate.

No but wish I had.

• 6 months later...

Nobody likes a snitch

How do you came to this conclusion? Did I said or wrote that? I only mentioned the obvious. As far as I read the story it was about smuggling cell-phones and not about drugs. Maybe you should try to read it again. And in the future do not make any assumptions about me and my opinions out of the blue.

If global pharmaceutical drug dealers are fine then yes, street drug dealers are ok too. It's sheer hypocrisy to make money for your pension fund investments from tranquilizing and chemically lobotomizing the world with valium, prozac and related benzos and SRUIs but then condemn petty drug dealers. Pull your head out of your butt or are you too drugged up on legal pharmaceuticals to see what's actually happening? Besides, drug offenses are the easiest way to keep the prison industry running strong, with all the attendant jobs and contracts. Although, if you're a lawyer, judge, court employee, jail guard, parole officer, drug enforcement goon and various other prison industry parasites then this is all a good thing. Legalizing drugs and offering widespread treatment is the only solution. Remember the prohibition on alcohol? Yeah, that. It helped create the greatest criminal empire in history - the mafia, who ran illegal booze and then spread into drugs, prostitution and of course, political corruption.