Golden Tree Snake In My ....tree

It is a beautiful creature isn't it as long as it is in its territory and does not intrude into mine. I would never kill a snake whilst is no threat and it is in its territory because of how useful they are in keeping less desirable creatures like rats in balance..

• Like 1

It is a beautiful creature isn't it as long as it is in its territory and does not intrude into mine. I would never kill a snake whilst is no threat and it is in its territory because of how useful they are in keeping less desirable creatures like rats in balance..

Great pics Chonabot !

@Xen: you've got the right attitude; I wish ALL people would realize that it is US who have been encroaching on THEIR territory and not the other way around . . . . .

We live just outside of Jomtien and regularly 'spot' snakes in our garden. I have purchased a "Branch-Cutter" (Long-Stick with 'gun-grip' at one end, which enables one to open & close the pincer-mechanism at the other end.) - I cut-off the very sharp blade at the business-end of this device - and hence I have a brilliant & safe "Snake-Pick-Up Tool".

We simply (mostly my wife, hey !) gently pick-up a snake, then let it slide into a plastic bucket; put on the lid and walk the snake to some 'jungle-land' nearby and release the critter.

I'll tell you something; besides everything: it makes us feel great, once the snake slithers away in freedom, to enjoy another day in HIS life . . . . . .

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1