Thai Girls Feel Threatened By Farang Girls?

LaraC

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in our 30's..and my boyfriend several years younger than me, and yet, he chose to be with me and yes, he chose to be with me over other women, including Thai women, including younger Thai women.

Dont know why some guys find it difficult to get their head around the fact that some men actually CHOOSE to be with a western woman. Just as some of you cant fathom how anyone would NOT want to be with a Thai woman, some cant fathom why you would. Its what makes the world an interesting and eclectic mix. (Edit: and many actually choose a woman for how they click together, rather than just by race)

Im not actually short of attention or feel threatened in any way. We arent married or glued at the hip. If he wanted to leave he could. EASILY!

I was just posting a curious observation my boyfriend made and added a personal observation.

But ok, i realise now im in a forum full of men who seem to have issues with western woman and see thai woman as having sunshine coming out their unmentionables. Rational debate is out the window because the air is strewn with chips flying off shoulders. How can anyone talk normally when clouded by bigotry and feeling a need to air it.

Maybe he's looking for a Mother,rather than a lover?

• Like 1

This is the heart of the matter ! :)

The idea that Thai women would somehow feel " threatened" by farang women is truly laughable. That much being said,

Thais generally do not like rude people, and farang women are often very rude and patronizing towards non-farang women anywhere in the world.

As for Thai men - well, I am not aware of any Thai men flocking to European or American nightspots to participate in farang booty calls!:)

quote name="toybits" post="6103591" timestamp="1360552307"]I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

Dream on!:)

funny how some feel that farang women should feel threatened by thai women. There is very little they have going on that would make any farang women I know envious beit their catch of a farang bf/husband (lol) or looks. ;)

OP, I think submaniacs reply sums it up well.

Farang women often patronising and rude towards none-farang women. ...??? What a sweeping statement! ..just as your comment regarding Thai men (sweeping).

The narrow-mindedness of people never fails to amaze me...

But life is too short, so its forgotten as soon as i hit "post".

Sorry, am only offering my honest impressions after four decades of travel around the world. It is no secret that there have been major divisiond between the women of the Western World and the women of the Third World regarding what constitutes women's rights. I remember the first world forum on women's rights in Mexico City in the 1970's - the Western delegates were focussing on issues of personal liberation regarding male-female roles, while the Third World women prioritized economic development.

As one African female delegate said, " We can only wish we had the problems that you Western women have!"

That much said, I have Western female friends who have transcended our cultural prejudices and learned to treat ALL people with respect. But I am sad to say they are in a distinct minority..:)

quote name="eek" post="6183713" timestamp="1362721137"]Farang women often patronising and rude towards none-farang women. ...??? What a sweeping statement! ..just as your comment regarding Thai men (sweeping).

The narrow-mindedness of people never fails to amaze me...

But life is too short, so its forgotten as soon as i hit "post".

I am a thai woman and never get threatened by any western girl because they are not superior to me. If your initial intention of posing this question is to boot up your ego, I think it doesn't work at all.

Go girl! Ummm, not that I'm taking sides or anything....

• Like 1

Please don't judge all thai women by the ones you see in the bar. Because decent women don't visit bars nor

climb to a man's lap easily and they don't steal other woman's bf whether he has thai or western girl. And I have no idea why you expect to see decent people in that kind of place.

By the way, it's nothing to do with race. It's all about the feeling that you are the one he is "formally" dating. It's your status that is threatening them, not race. They dare to steal a man from another thai woman because they think foreigners date thai women temporarily so there might be a chance for them if he changes his mind. Do you get it?

I am a thai woman and never get threatened by any western girl because they are not superior to me. If your initial intention of posing this question is to boot up your ego, I think it doesn't work at all.

I'm not really sure about this. I do agree with your sentiment of trying not to judge large groups of people (say, Thai women). However, what seems to be a commonly held belief among Thais is that both Thai men and women approach sexuality in a somewhat casual way. Not in public of course, we have to "create a picture" (in Thai "sang paap") an image of politeness and classiness. However, Thai men and women are 'generally' known to be quite promiscuous sexually and this is backed by scientific studies conducted by Thai academics.

Nothing inherently negative about it, in my opinion. People from the US during the 1960s and 1970s were 'generally' extremely sexually promiscuous. Japanese girls are very promiscuous. I could land in Tokyo Narita, head down town, go out nearly anywhere, meet a nice girl (sometimes married, sometimes not) and sleep with her the same day almost at will. And, I'm sure other guys have had the same type of experience. And, btw, if there is any group to fear, it should Japanese women. They are nearly perfect. Smart, self-motivating, sexy, healthy, wonderful.

About the class thing, I've had very upper-class Thais who I work with, who know I'm here permanently and who know I'm in a serious relationship still hit on me or even once proposition me (albeit indirectly) at a alcoholic corporate event. It's common in Thailand. Something about Buddhism I believe. Very free spirited people, and that's one of the few things I like about Thai culture.

Edited by PaullyW

As for Farang women, they are usually 'yuck' compared to Thai women.

And, they often don't understand why.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women.

Cheers,

^ what does that have to do with the OP's post really? Guess you just felt like sharing a shallow viewpoint. Oops..maybe im being too strong for you? Bite me!

It has everything to do with the OP. Really.

Yes, I do enjoy sharing my viewpoint, as it seems is true for you. I am not sure it's shallow; quite the opposite, really. It's pretty deep and well-thought.

I don't know you, I don't think. And, no, I will not bite you. Why would I do that?

Cheers,

I don't know you, I don't think. And, no, I will not bite you. Why would I do that?

Cheers,

Because im told i taste just like a peach. But no, wasnt really offering, just thought i sounded kinda cute and mean all at the same time. .in a rabid teddy bear kind of way. But im off-topic, so ill stop.

Edited by eek
  • Like 1

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women.

Cheers,

sooo your scared of empowered women??? Happy women's day btw everyone.....

Cheers,

sooo your scared of empowered women??? Happy women's day btw everyone.....

No, not really scared of. Just not attracted to.

My preference with my justifications just as you have yours and yours.

Cheers,

Because im told i taste just like a peach. But no, wasnt really offering, just thought i sounded kinda cute and mean all at the same time. .in a rabid teddy bear kind of way. But im off-topic, so ill stop.

Actually, you seem kind of cute.

Cheers,

I've talked to enough thai women to know, of course, this is a case-by-case basis.

some thai women talk about America and the money a lot. the movies, weather, nice houses, super stars, etc....

sure, some people would like to have more money, and I can see how they look to America (and other countries).

some foreigner women are very attractive. china, laos, Vietnam, Australia, Germany, America, etc....

there are lots of thais who look to foreigners for beauty, but there is also a lot of attention on japan and s. korea.

different cultures can be interesting.......because of their differences. and there is no way i'm going to say 'if you are from this country, you can never be attractive.'

Edited by puukao

Cheers,

Be careful dear, your insecurities are showing. We get that you prefer thai women but by slating "western women" (many billion of them are all the same right?) you show your true problems. It's so funny it's tragic.

• Like 1

Dream on!smile.png

funny how some feel that farang women should feel threatened by thai women. There is very little they have going on that would make any farang women I know envious beit their catch of a farang bf/husband (lol) or looks. wink.png

OP, I think submaniacs reply sums it up well.

I have no need to "dream on". This is the way it is. Thai women have their positives, but I & no one I know ever would want to be one.

As mentioned, this imaginary contenst between women exists in the minds of (certain types of )men. Women generally have better things to do ;)

Cheers,

Be careful dear, your insecurities are showing. We get that you prefer thai women but by slating "western women" (many billion of them are all the same right?) you show your true problems. It's so funny it's tragic.

(sigh) - Just because someone uses generalizations, it does not mean he/she is somehow any more or less secure than anyone else. That's very lazy logic, my dear. I'm rather secure. Sitting in my stool, with some som tam and German wheat beer. I'm not going anywhere; secure.

Without generalizations, we humans (and other species on this board) would not have likely survived to be here today. Without them, surely you wouldn't have been able to make your last comment, we wouldn't be able to appreciate and enjoy most comedy and surely this board would be purely academic, only citing either anecdotal evidences and follow ups to data collection strategies and completeness.

http://nascent.freeshell.org/aboutme/beliefs/Stereotyping.php

Person 1 - Today, I saw a bunch of Nigerians down on lower Suk who were asking me if I wanted to buy drugs. They were probably drug dealers trying to sell to me.

Person 2 - Well, did you actually buy the drugs from them?

Person 1 - No. Why?

Person 2 - Well, in that case, you should not propose that they would have sold them to you.

Person 1 - It was obvious. The same exact guys sold me drugs yesterday.

Person 2 - But, without buying them today, you can't possible know for certain. Today, they could have simply wanted to know if you were looking for drugs so they could tell you they didn't have any.

... and on and on.

Cheers,

Edited by PaullyW
  • Like 1

i think its usually the other way round. my girlfriend is feminine but had short hair (influenced by some stupid korean drama) and always mistaken by locals for being a tom. her reaction was pure priceless and hilarious like hell when the first time 2 chicks approach us for something fun

Edited by rookball

OxfordWill, I hang out with hookers and assorted desperates from lower Suk, and one of them mentioned that your bar tab is quite substantial - any chance you could pop by Golden Bar on your way to the Cockatoo Club this weekend ? wink.png

The fact you mock someone about going there shows you used to frequent this establishment, but now you've been a while i take it you know the difference. One day i hope to be like you.

It could be like you said; fear of the unknown.

You said that Thai girls often give you bad looks. This could be because you are fairly attractive. From what I've seen when friends come to visit (girls), the ones that have weight problems or for whatever reason are deemed unattractive by Thai standards, make friends with Thais easier, I would suppose because their threat level is low. but who knows really...

You might not like to hear this, but there is also a possibility, a strong one, that your b/f is simply telling you this because he doesn't want you to be suspicious or worried about him straying. He could be just wanting to assuage any fears you may have about him having his heart stolen by another. As you said he is "young and attractive". Some guys WANT their g/f to know that girls hit on him and that they want to steal him because the guy thinks that if his g/f hears that, she will try "extra hard" to keep him.

Ive never had a farang g/f while ive been here so I don't have first hand experience.

There are plenty of thais who are obesse,a very worrying trend in Thailand.U make out all thai ladies are small and pretty,they are not,far from it.

My Thai wife is 5ft 9ins with a figure to match, but living in the sticks we never see Farang women, on average, I would say that Thai girls are much more attractive than Farang girls.

• Like 2

^ what does that have to do with the OP's post really? Guess you just felt like sharing a shallow viewpoint. Oops..maybe im being too strong for you? Bite me!

It has everything to do with the OP. Really.

Yes, I do enjoy sharing my viewpoint, as it seems is true for you. I am not sure it's shallow; quite the opposite, really. It's pretty deep and well-thought.

Cheers,

Well done mate,you've brought them all and all of their insecurities out of the woodwork here!

You said that Thai girls often give you bad looks. This could be because you are fairly attractive. From what I've seen when friends come to visit (girls), the ones that have weight problems or for whatever reason are deemed unattractive by Thai standards, make friends with Thais easier, I would suppose because their threat level is low. but who knows really...

You might not like to hear this, but there is also a possibility, a strong one, that your b/f is simply telling you this because he doesn't want you to be suspicious or worried about him straying. He could be just wanting to assuage any fears you may have about him having his heart stolen by another. As you said he is "young and attractive". Some guys WANT their g/f to know that girls hit on him and that they want to steal him because the guy thinks that if his g/f hears that, she will try "extra hard" to keep him.

Ive never had a farang g/f while ive been here so I don't have first hand experience.

There are plenty of thais who are obesse,a very worrying trend in Thailand.U make out all thai ladies are small and pretty,they are not,far from it.

My Thai wife is 5ft 9ins with a figure to match, but living in the sticks we never see Farang women, on average, I would say that Thai girls are much more attractive than Farang girls.

Depends what you mean by "farang". The Russian ladies beat the socks off anything out there.

Depends what you mean by "farang". The Russian ladies beat the socks off anything out there.

Farang mans a white person, ie you could not call a black Nigerian a Farang. Russian ladies are Farang, but I still think on average, Thai ladies are more beautiful.

PaullyW is playing you girls like a fiddle and he's enjoying it. But, that is only natural because for some strange reason women are attracted to the "bad guys". Because I'm not looking I can stand back and smile at all the games being played. No Thai girl is going to be threatened by me because I'm not looking to go after the guy they are interested in. Women instinctively know this. Women also know when a man is vulnerable and easy pickings. They can play it for all they are worth and the men don't even know they are the sucker/victim. A FEW men have this all figured out and they are the bad guys that women break their hearts over.

• Like 1

Hmmm. I don't think they feel that way. I mean half the western male population comes here to get laid. The Thai girls know the guys aren't missing anything back home. rolleyes.gif

HALF the western male population comes to Thailand to get laid? Seriously..?

Could you possibly be a tad extreme in this..or you actually have data?

...i could swallow it if you said half the western male population that cant get a decent lay in the west look for alternative places and thailand is one of them..

NOT of course that good looking decent men dont come here too, of course they do, and some of them meet good looking decent thai women too. But to say that half the western male population comes to Thailand is really too extreme.

HALF the western male population comes to Thailand to get laid? Seriously..?

Could you possibly be a tad extreme in this..or you actually have data?

...i could swallow it if you said half the western male population that cant get a decent lay in the west look for alternative places and thailand is one of them..

NOT of course that good looking decent men dont come here too, of course they do, and some of them meet good looking decent thai women too. But to say that half the western male population comes to Thailand is really too extreme.

Perhaps we can commission ABAC to conduct a survey on behalf of TV to get us some "definitive" results :P