Thai Girls Feel Threatened By Farang Girls?

LaraC

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

stupid remark. not worth further acknowledgement. little more than a cheap shot by one who feels threatened by women himself.

To answer the OP, the thai women i know are not frightened or put of by white women. rather they tend to collect them.

now are many farang guys intimidated by Thai males? The ones paying for companionship often are.

Dont know why some guys find it difficult to get their head around the fact that some men actually CHOOSE to be with a western woman. Just as some of you cant fathom how anyone would NOT want to be with a Thai woman, some cant fathom why you would. Its what makes the world an interesting and eclectic mix. (Edit: and many actually choose a woman for how they click together, rather than just by race)

More of an age thing, than a race thing.

I would be quite happy to be with a thirty-something western woman, but I'm 60 and no thirty-something western woman would want to be with me.

On the other hand, plenty of thirty-something Thai women want to be with me, so I'll just take what's available.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

Don't get your knickers in a knot, LaraC. The guys are just calling it as they've experienced it. I'm a 38 year old female and not bad looking. I've only experienced the jealousy thing when competing for business. I just don't care what others think and petty women bore me. That is "petty" and not "pretty". it is the clique thing all over again. If your boyfriend prefers your company it's probably because you both talk the same language. Once you take sex out of the picture, the language barrier removes 60% of Thais attractiveness. If a man is getting enough sex then he's not likely to stray too far.

• Like 2

So when the OP's current good looking boyfriend was playing the local field, he was beating Thai girls off with a shitty stick. Nothing new in that; gone through a fair amount of sticks myself over the past few decades.

Now that the OP's current boyfriend is in a relationship with a foreign woman, the OP's current boyfriend comments that he can leave the aforementioned weapon at home. I retired mine as well btw (although the wife will claim she took it from me).

What is all this about the local womenfeeling threatened by foreign women? Last year he was OBVIOUSLY a foreigner with an obvious interest in Thai women and 'on the market'. This year, he is just as OBVIOUSLY a foreigner with absolutely NO interest in foreign totty and unavailable. It isn't exactly rocket science is it? Maybe the OP and her current beau are over-analysing the obvious. The local women aren't threatened, they just know there's no point in wasting time flirting with him.

But personally, like Tommo, I reckon the OP's man of the moment is lying.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

I reckon the OP's man of the moment is lying.

You're not suggesting that the OP is projecting her own fear of Thai girls stealing her man onto Thai girls generally feeling worried about a farang girl competition, do you? coffee1.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

funny how some feel that farang women should feel threatened by thai women. There is very little they have going on that would make any farang women I know envious beit their catch of a farang bf/husband (lol) or looks. ;)

OP, I think submaniacs reply sums it up well.

Pretty much. The local girls have just (temporarily) filed him in the 'too hard' folder.

If a man goes for the low hanging fruits - that is probably what they will end up with (women that have very little going on).

funny how some feel that farang women should feel threatened by thai women. There is very little they have going on that would make any farang women I know envious beit their catch of a farang bf/husband (lol) or looks. wink.png

OP, I think submaniacs reply sums it up well.

It is funny that you should react so strongly towards my post candypants. The OP asked for our opinion and I gave mine. I don't know why you would think I am threatened by by women? I love them all. The topic is about Thai and Farang Women and whether Thai Girls feel threatened by Farang Girls (or rather - Women). And no need to get all ballistic about this. Or are you yourself threatened by Thai women?

I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

stupid remark. not worth further acknowledgement. little more than a cheap shot by one who feels threatened by women himself.

To answer the OP, the thai women i know are not frightened or put of by white women. rather they tend to collect them.

now are many farang guys intimidated by Thai males? The ones paying for companionship often are.

It is funny that you should react so strongly towards my post candypants. The OP asked for our opinion and I gave mine. I don't know why you would think I am threatened by by women? I love them all. The topic is about Thai and Farang Women and whether Thai Girls feel threatened by Farang Girls (or rather - Women). And no need to get all ballistic about this. Or are you yourself threatened by Thai women?

it was a cheap shot, and a cliche to boot.

To infer that white women should feel threatened by Thai women seems to indicate that you may not love them all despite your claims to the contrary.

whatever your reasons for the remark one group is being disrespected.

i do not feel strongly about this, but am certainly willing to react to the remark

I still chuckle over the old gem that 'the most beautiful women in Thailand are men' : personally, I've seen very few Katoeys that I consider attractive, but I'm sure the wags here would claim that I just dont know how to spot the really convincing ladyboys. I only know this:

- if it's too tall

- if it's too 'pale'

- if it's boobs are too big

- if it has a Farang nose and abnormally high cheekbones

then it's almost certainly a Katoey, IMO, but each of those characteristics set a 'girl' apart from the majority of her Thai sisters and clearly it's what the girls genuinely believe Farang men want. Of course, there *are* Thai women who are tall, pale (relatively) and have impressive chests, but IME Katoeys always give themselves away by trying too hard to be feminine. I've found the vast majority of Thai women, be they 'good' or 'bad' girls, to be very earthy :they dont spend inordinate amounts of time adjusting their lip gloss every 30 minutes - YMMV.

If I had to rate an Asian woman that I consider more beautiful than any Russian model (if that is the epitome of a Farang beauty), it would be the Chinese-Filipina combination. Some of the KPOP starlets are cute, but it's usually a very manufactured look and I'm over dyed hair, false eyelashes and 8-inch heels - whatever happened to long, jet-black hair and button noses ? I guess that's 'too boring' for many Thai women - much easier to somehow change yourself to look like a blonde Russian ....

Farang women better than their Asian sisters ? Nyet. ;)

If Thai girls felt threatened by Farang girls, it would have something to do with their BMI.

doubt it cause it doesn't seem to deter some of them from hooking up with lard assed farang men does it?

Wow Boo, what a load of bigotry from you in this thread. First you tell us that Thai women have nothing for farang women to be jealous off. Now, you go on with a very tired old attack on the fatasses in Thailand. Somehow, this thread must have hit a nerve. But I do remember you to be a bit of a feminist and probably middle age. All this talk of young passion, may feel a bit threathening eh?

And there's plenty for an honest farang woman to admire about Thai women or Asian women in general, their perfect long hair, pleasent manners, thin frames, femininity in droves. I can't count how many insecure young farang women I've talked to in Thailand paddling along with unkept hair, sloppy appearance and the manners of a sailor.

I do wonder why someone like you choose to stay in Thailand, when you clearly have so little respect for the local residents.

So, put on your big girl pants and accept that Thai/Asian women are very attractive to many men, particularly compared to the growing number of feminist women in the west.

• Like 2

But ok, i realise now im in a forum full of men who seem to have issues with western woman and see thai woman as having sunshine coming out their unmentionables. Rational debate is out the window because the air is strewn with chips flying off shoulders. How can anyone talk normally when clouded by bigotry and feeling a need to air it.

I really can't see what is so difficult to figure out? That women are catty, jealous and constantly looking to steal their 'sisters' plaything? Which is why some single men put on wedding rings and watch as their stock rises rapidly.

I don't even see the bigotry except from Boo here. You just have to accept that most guys who are in Asia are attracted to Asian women. I've personally dated many white women, european, american, eastern european. chinese even a brazilian. I absolutely do not discriminate, but the thin, feminine girls I like are more common here than back home.

The only women I have an issue with are masculine, feminist women so common in northern europe and their extremely tiring tirades about how bad they have it and how everything must be turned into some gender-war. That sh*t is souldraining.

first time i went to thailand was with an Italian model, she was treated very respectfully however nobody so muched as looked at me.

with thai friends by my side they still look regardless of the fact i'm with a girl.

They do hold farang girls in high regard, just ask them,

If Thai girls felt threatened by Farang girls, it would have something to do with their BMI.

doubt it cause it doesn't seem to deter some of them from hooking up with lard assed farang men does it?

Wow Boo, what a load of bigotry from you in this thread. First you tell us that Thai women have nothing for farang women to be jealous off. Now, you go on with a very tired old attack on the fatasses in Thailand. Somehow, this thread must have hit a nerve. But I do remember you to be a bit of a feminist and probably middle age. All this talk of young passion, may feel a bit threathening eh?

And there's plenty for an honest farang woman to admire about Thai women or Asian women in general, their perfect long hair, pleasent manners, thin frames, femininity in droves. I can't count how many insecure young farang women I've talked to in Thailand paddling along with unkept hair, sloppy appearance and the manners of a sailor.

I do wonder why someone like you choose to stay in Thailand, when you clearly have so little respect for the local residents.

So, put on your big girl pants and accept that Thai/Asian women are very attractive to many men, particularly compared to the growing number of feminist women in the west.

ahh bless did I upset your little fantasy idea. Sorry to burst your bubble but my replies were in response to the tired old cliche that thai women are not overweight or that thai women are somehow a threat to other women. There are plenty of fat thai people, male or female, you only have to walk out the door to see them in their droves & that western men using western womens bmi or characteristics as an insult is the ultimate joke as judging by the states I see parading around, they have nothing to be slagging us off with.

I have no problem with the "local residents" in fact I hardly pass a thought about them either of envy or pity. I get on with my life & they get on with theirs, it is only when reading some of the nonsense on this forum that I realise how deluded many farang men are when it comes to Thailand & her people. I don't need to accept that thai/asian women are attractive to many men, I am happily married this past decade & could care less what other men like or are attracted to. wink.png But do have an issue with men taking swipes at whole groups of women, in the small minded views to think that their attractions are finite.

As a women I am well placed to know that the battle between thai & western women exists only in the minds of some feeble western men. So take this response as you will, I don't see a need to pander to your ego as you have so little regard for women & judging by your comments about the western women you see looking scruffy & their manners you have your own issues to deal with, so maybe looking in your own mirror might be a good start.

Edited by Boo
added text
  • Like 2

in a country that has a significantly higher proportion of females to males why would anyone be surprised at boyfriend theft - we all know that when a man has a partner he becomes infinitely more attractive to females.

Observations from a very small group of personal encounters - Thai girls seem more inclined to steal/borrow a man from a female of equal standing than from someone they perceive to be of a higher social status. When out drinking and wanting to be left to my own devices, the local irritants seemed scared/wary when I said I had a Western gf and pretty much slid away. If I said I had a Thai gf, they would ask where from, Bangkok... Ah would be the normal response and cursory conversation would ensue but again they would seem wary although less scared by the prospect.

If I said my gf was a bargirl from a different entertainment area and I was meeting her later or even an Isaan girl working at the mall, I'd still be asked for a drink and usually offered short time or their number to meet another time.

This spans 12 years of non serious observation amongst a few hundred women - so not conclusive but the general consensus from what I could derive was until there was a ring on the finger the man was fair game but a western woman would kill you both, a Bangkok girl would kill her and an Isaan girl knew the rules of the game and would move on...

Then again I've never given it more than idle curiosity as a time killer in bars, so feel free to discount all of the above :)

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 1

I'm sorry if you felt slighted by my post. I am just telling it like it is. A question was asked - an answer was made. You don't like my answer? That's your problem.

Many farang men give Thai women the eye. Is it because they are easy prey? Perhaps. There is that notion that Thai women are easy. Well - just look for videos (and there are lots of them - like that SNL video) portraying Thailand as a male's vacation "Disneyland". Did the OP ask the question to confirm whether his White BF was really in love with her? Perhaps - but only she can answer that question.

Do I think her BF will remain with her, have children and grow old with her? I cannot answer that question.

Would you have reacted similarly if I answered in favor of White women? Are you racist?

To infer that white women should feel threatened by Thai women seems to indicate that you may not love them all despite your claims to the contrary.

i do not feel strongly about this, but am certainly willing to react to the remark

I'm sorry if you felt slighted by my post. I am just telling it like it is. A question was asked - an answer was made. You don't like my answer? That's your problem.

Many farang men give Thai women the eye. Is it because they are easy prey? Perhaps. There is that notion that Thai women are easy. Well - just look for videos (and there are lots of them - like that SNL video) portraying Thailand as a male's vacation "Disneyland". Did the OP ask the question to confirm whether his White BF was really in love with her? Perhaps - but only she can answer that question.

Do I think her BF will remain with her, have children and grow old with her? I cannot answer that question.

Would you have reacted similarly if I answered in favor of White women? Are you racist?

yes i would have reacted similarly had you come forth with an inane generalization of Thai women.

In fact your remark can be interpreted to insinuate that Thai women are all conniving she-devils that white women should be wary of, or quite the opposite, that they are paragons of femininity that western women cannot compete with.

Either view is reductive twaddle.

Now you are putting words into my mouth. Interpret it anyway you like.

yes i would have reacted similarly had you come forth with an inane generalization of Thai women.

In fact your remark can be interpreted to insinuate that Thai women are all conniving she-devils that white women should be wary of, or quite the opposite, that they are paragons of femininity that western women cannot compete with.

Either view is reductive twaddle.

People take these generalizations too personally. Why attack someone else's opinion? I tend to agree with Boo, but maybe that's because I'm a middle age female. When I read these gneralities about the various races here in Thailand it makes me start looking closer to see if some or any of them are true. Yesterday I visited the Chinese New Years in the Warorot marke in Chiang Mai. It was packed with people. I made a mental note of the number of attractive Asian women I saw and it sure wasn't many. There also were lots of fat Asians. I did the same at the various bars along Loi Kroh road in the evening, and although I saw more attractive women there than at the Airport shopping mall, there still really weren't that many very attractive women. The females at the Mall that truely were lovely were mostly young shool girls.

A few days ago I wandered through the backpacker areas inside the moat in Chiang Mai and noted far more good looking young farang women than attractive Thais. And, these were women who would turn the head of most men. These were just general observations from a totally unbiased point of view. People here seem to go to a lot of trouble to try and prove their pet theories.

I still don't think the OP has anything to worry about. Her relationship with her boyfriend will last or disolve the same as it does for everybody. It will have nothing to do with pretty Thai women hitting on him.