Kidnapped Karen Girl Enslaved By Cruel Thai Couple

webfact

Kidnapped Karen Girl Enslaved By Cruel Thai Couple

A 12-year-old Karen girl was kidnapped at age 7 by an abusive Thai couple, who detained her as their household servant for five years in Kamphaeng Phet province. The girl finally escaped and the police were notified. The couple was arrested, but denied all charges and were released on bail.

newsjsKAMPHAENG PHET – February 11, 2013 [PDN]; a reporter went to investigate a report of a girl who had been kidnapped and held as a household servant for five years. She was being sheltered at the house of Children and FamilIies in Kamphaengphet province. The shelter had picked up girl “Air” (alias) age 12, a native of the Burmese Karen ethnic group.

She had been kidnapped by a Thai couple to be their servant and detained in their house in Amphur Meuang, Kamphaeng Phet province for more than 5 years. During that time, whenever the girl didn’t obey their commands, she would be subjected to cruelties by the couple, such as being kept in the dog’s cage, or hot water was poured all over her body that left scars.

When the reporters arrived at the shelter, they found its director, Mr. Thanawat Sathit, sitting and talking to the girl Air. She has scars from being scalded by hot water all over her body and her two arms were scalded by hot water until it affected the muscles connected with her body until she cannot lift or move her arms.

During questioning, the girl Air described being abducted. Her parents were Karen workers working in a sugarcane field in Amphur Meuang, Kamphaengphet province in the year 2008. At that time she was 7 years old.Then a couple who owned a nearby field walked to her and called her to come visit them. With innocence the girl Air walked after them, and was kidnapped by the couple and kept in their house.

They forced her to do the housework for more than 5 years until she finally escaped a few days ago. The wounds on her body occurred from being scalded by hot water, and she had been detained in the dog’s cage. Then the couple used saline to wash her wounds and applied the medicine for her without sending her to the hospital.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...el-thai-couple/

//caution is advised as some of the images are disturbing

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-02-12

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can they be released after kidnapping and deliberately causing those injuries and then smile when they had their mug shots taken, sick bastards. Wonder who they are connected to, to be released so quickly.

The victim was a Burma, look what pathetic sentences were handed out in the recent case in Ranong with those poor sods dieing in that refrigerated lorry. They'll get a slap on the wrist for this one girl. I'm sorry to say.

What scum and what shame on BIB for returning the girl, I do hope she recovers from this episode in time, and lastly....... I would like to take my 2 guard dogs (they don't do baths very well) for a wash and brush up at her dog grooming parlour, it would be nice to hear her screams

• Like 2

With the level of injury you would have thought bail would not have been made available. I believe I am correct that discretion is available to law enforcement on whether or not to provide bail for alleged offenders.

It's a terrible indictment for Thailand when people post they hope justice is served.

Even murderers get bail. The wheels in the justice system here, grind very slow.

how can they be released after kidnapping and deliberately causing those injuries and then smile when they had their mug shots taken, sick bastards. Wonder who they are connected to, to be released so quickly.

Stick around, it's standard practice.

• Like 1

After posting myself, and reading all of the posts, I am wondering whether there would have been more national outrage if the sick bastards who did this act had done the excat same thing to a soi dog.

Just a thought. I am sure most members here are totally repulsed by this terrible incident.

My wish is that this couple do not sleep nights and always watch their backs. Karma should kick in soon I hope.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

After posting myself, and reading all of the posts, I am wondering whether there would have been more national outrage if the sick bastards who did this act had done the excat same thing to a soi dog.

Just a thought. I am sure most members here are totally repulsed by this terrible incident.

My wish is that this couple do not sleep nights and always watch their backs. Karma should kick in soon I hope.

Thats a bit over the top dont you think....'dont sleep nights'....such harsh punishment to wish on the likes.

• Like 1

In cases like this where there is inevitably going to be great public outcry, it should be mandatory for the police to explain why bail is to be granted. If the reasoning is dubious or bribes suspected, bail should be revoked.

Jails are full of innocent people who are amazed at legitimate convictions, do our finest seriuosly believe that someone is going to admit to doing something like this?

"I'm innocent". " Well off you go then and have a nice day". bah.gif

Not to worry. I'm sure Yingluck is on it.

Even as Thailand ranks second in levels of domestic violence among 49 countries studied by the United Nations (U.N.) recently, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reiterated her commitment to elimination and prevention of violence against women.

“Gender issues and women’s empowerment are top priorities of my government,” she told a delegation of journalists from Asean and other countries in Bangkok over the weekend.

• Like 1

I always wondered what happens to the Burmese refugees that government officials in Ranong rounded up and sold. Perhaps the same treatment ?? The slavery part is bad enough, but the torture part simply takes it to another level. This Thai couple is seriously sick, and I hope they can be removed from society.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

I also find it pretty sad that they have so little concern for the girls current emotional state that they find it necessary to have more than five men (news? police?) gawking and taking photos. Clearly a little privacy and one police photographer could do it.

I agree a 12 yr old girl entering or in pubity forced to stand naked in front of a group of men. If they need to do this surely there were some women available to do the job. Totally wrong and just proves also what the BIB think of a young Karen girl or they do it for thier personal sexual pleasures
  • Like 2

I always wondered what happens to the Burmese refugees that government officials in Ranong rounded up and sold. Perhaps the same treatment ?? The slavery part is bad enough, but the torture part simply takes it to another level. This Thai couple is seriously sick, and I hope they can be removed from society.

They won't be. Tomorrow is a new day and the sun will come up as usual and life goes on