Dogs / Animal Shelters

Nafji

Hello everyone!

I have a big bag of money and I want to donate it to dog shelters in the Hua Hin/Cha-am area, but I only know of a few shelters so I would be grateful if someone here could point me in the direction of some more shelters in the area.

Thank you

I've been to one up the pala-U road, turn right by the sign that says elephant village and then it's soon after on the right hand side. Can't miss it, there are lots of dogs lying outside by the road.

Surely there must be tons of other shelters with all the dogs around here, hopefully someone else can point you in the direction of some more places.

Good luck with the project.

Hi Nafji, a very nice thought.

I live north near Palm Hills and there is a temple in the hills very near there. When my wife goes to make merrit I have noticed a lot of dogs there. Seems people who dont want their pets anymore leave them at the temple (I am sure this is nation wide).

On my last visit I asked the Monks how they fed so many dogs and they replied with much difficulty.

I went to the Vet shop at Macro and purchased a couple of large bags of dog food and delivered to the Temple. They were extremely happy and insisted I feed some to the dogs there and then

Well holey dooley, where did those dogs come from, at least 70 all sitting or watching intently as I opened the bag. Made me feel good. If I knew how to post pix I would as it is a corker.

Hi Nafji, a very nice thought.

I live north near Palm Hills and there is a temple in the hills very near there. When my wife goes to make merrit I have noticed a lot of dogs there. Seems people who dont want their pets anymore leave them at the temple (I am sure this is nation wide).

On my last visit I asked the Monks how they fed so many dogs and they replied with much difficulty.

I went to the Vet shop at Macro and purchased a couple of large bags of dog food and delivered to the Temple. They were extremely happy and insisted I feed some to the dogs there and then

Well holey dooley, where did those dogs come from, at least 70 all sitting or watching intently as I opened the bag. Made me feel good. If I knew how to post pix I would as it is a corker.

Thanks for the tip! Yeah it's a great feeling,one of the reason I'm doing this for all the helpless animals

Sadly already been there and know the place so it's on my list to go and deliver money and food and help with vets.

More people have more info maybe?

Don't know of any official shelters, but another temple in the south end of town that is a "dog dump" for unwanteds is Wat Putachiao (sp?) at the end of the lower section of Soi 116. There is currently 60 or 70 dogs there and the missus takes them food a couple of times a month which is not nearly enough. I'm sure they would appreciate some additional food.

The Wat is the big one that you run in to a little more than a kilometer up soi 116. You don't have to go into the wat grounds as the dogs hang around at the entrance on 116.

There is another Temple down the Canal road, I don't know the name, if you are heading towards the Palau road from HH center take the turning to the Canal road then it's maybe 4-5km on the left hand side, I have been there a few times and seen lots of dogs who look like they need a good meal

Someone with a better sense of explaining directions may come along and be explain where it is better than me.

I spoke to my wife last night (who is a big dog lover) and she said that the one Tomat mentioned in the second post of this thread on the Pala-U road was the one that was in need of the most help. She claimed that there were hundreds of dogs there that people have dumped because they didn't want them any longer and the place needs help to care for them. I guess it's Wat sponsored as well. I don't know if there are any official "shelters". People just dump or move them to the Wats because they know the monks will try their best to feed them.