Amnesty Shouldn't Cover My Father's Assassin, Seh Daeng's Daughter Says

webfact

2010 POLITICAL VIOLENCE

Amnesty shouldn't cover my father's assassin, MP says

Prapasri Osathanon,

Khanittha Thepphajorn

The Nation

30199929-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol, who lost her father, Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, during the political rally in 2010, said yesterday that whoever shot dead her father intended to kill him and could not be pardoned as part of an amnesty bill.

newsjsKattiya said her father did not die during the dispersal of protesters but as a result of premeditated murder. Whoever committed the offence must face legal action.

She agreed, however, with the latest suggestion between the red and yellow shirts to issue two amnesty bills - one of which would pardon protesters who broke the security laws - because she believed they had joined political rallies with good intent.

Meanwhile, Democrat party list MP Trairong Suwankhiri admitted he had discussed the amnesty bills with Deputy House Speaker Charoen Chankomol, and he had already reported to Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva and Democrat Party adviser Banyat Bantadthan about the talks.

He said he and Charoen broached two issues: first, to pardon those who committed security law breaches, which he believed every party agreed with; and second, to set up a committee to decide which particular individuals should be pardoned. He said it was now up to the party to decide on the matter.

Charoen said he did not take orders from anyone as he had initiated the calling of a meeting between the red and yellow shirts and political parties to discuss drafting amnesty bills. He said he had no ulterior motive but only wanted to be a coordinator for all parties to bring about reconciliation efforts so the country could achieve peace.

He said if both the Pheu Thai and the Democrat parties agreed on the amnesty, he would invite two members from each party to take part in drafting a bill and tabling it in Parliament.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-13

• Like 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As at the time of his death he was telling the world that he had talked to Thaksin who had said he could no longer trust the red leaders and therefore had put him, Seh Daeng, in charge of the red shirts there is an extremely strong possibility that he was shot on the orders of the red shirt leaders.

If that is in fact the case then she is right it would be murder.

Not a shred of evidence to support this lie.He was shot by army snipers (in my opinion a regrettable but probably necessary step).

• Like 2

As at the time of his death he was telling the world that he had talked to Thaksin who had said he could no longer trust the red leaders and therefore had put him, Seh Daeng, in charge of the red shirts there is an extremely strong possibility that he was shot on the orders of the red shirt leaders.

Not a shred of evidence to support this lie.He was shot by army snipers (in my opinion a regrettable but probably necessary step).

Not a shred of evidence....uh..let's continue then.

He was shot because he was walking next to his shoes and was getting out of control. He was made too important from the get-go. He was a threat to the "stability" of the red terrorists who illegally occupied down Bangkok for months which resulted in over 90 deaths.

• Like 2

Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol

Why is she a MP???

because, as she stated above in her pledge to be Khattiyatham Party Leader.... she hoped Pheu Thai understood her reasons not to join the Pheu Thai Party.

They understood her alright.

They understood that by getting her to drop out from the Party dear old dead Dad founded and sign up with them, that a tremendous amount of political mileage could be gained from her, particularly with those fervent Red Shirts that followed Pops and who otherwise would have voted for his Party and not the Pheu Thai Party.

Thanks. But it all seems so awkward. She is now a MP of a party which is controlled by the same guy who controlled her father....

Without THAT guy her father most probably would still be around.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol.... said yesterday

Pheu Thai, eh?

oh well, so much for avowed pledges and allegiances.....

Seh Daeng's Daughter: I Willl Lead Dad's Political Party

I'll go to the Khattiyatham Party founded by dad. He devoted himself to the party. I plan to work as a politician as I don't want this party to die after dad died.

Q : As many red shirts admired your father, are you worried people may think the Khattiyatham Party will compete for votes with Pheu Thai Party that is currently supported by red shirts?

A : It's up to them. They can choose any party they like. Dad wanted to work at the Party after his retirement, but he could not. So, I will do what he wanted for him. I would like Pheu Thai to understand me.

http://www.thaivisa....olitical-party/

Daughter Vows To Safeguard Thai General Khattiya's Legacies

For the rest of her life, she will take care of and nurture the three things her father left for her. The first is the copyright to his book series, "Kom She Daeng".

The second thing is the Khatiyatham Party, the political party he founded.

"He had reasons for launching this party. And I must continue what he intended to do," she said.

http://www.thaivisa....tiyas-legacies/

To quote Jerry McGuire "show me the money"
  • Like 1

Why is she a MP???

because, as she stated above in her pledge to be Khattiyatham Party Leader.... she hoped Pheu Thai understood her reasons not to join the Pheu Thai Party.

They understood that by getting her to drop out from the Party that dear old dead Dad founded (and she promised to lead) and instead sign up with them, that a tremendous amount of political mileage could be gained from her, particularly with those fervent Red Shirts that followed Pops and who otherwise would have voted for his Party and not the Pheu Thai Party.

For her part, she gets a chair in Parliament as a Party-list MP with PTP that she would have never gotten into as a Khattiyatham Party MP.

Promises to a dead parent are trumped by personal gain.

It's known as "selling out".

Thanks. But it all seems so awkward. She is now a MP of a party which is controlled by the same guy who controlled her father....

Selling out is usually going to be quite awkward.

With the proper amount of money and power, the concern over that awkwardness lessens.

Why is she a MP???

They understood that by getting her to drop out from the Party dear old dead Dad founded and sign up with them, that a tremendous amount of political mileage could be gained from her, particularly with those fervent Red Shirts that followed Pops and who otherwise would have voted for his Party and not the Pheu Thai Party.

I doubt it. A raging ego with no control over his mouth was never going to live to see retirement. When you look at the enemies he had made and the low-life he thought were friends, the result was inevitable much sooner than later.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 1

While there is certainly evidence that tends to support that theory, there are a number of other theories....

such as the one that Khattiyatham Party Pheu Thai Party MP Khattiya put forth in which she pointed the finger at the police.

However, apparently the evidence that she gave to the police that the police were involved in his murder has not gone far.

Go figure.

Sae Daeng's Daughter Presents New Evidence

Pheu Thai party-list MP Khattiya "Dear" Sawatdipol yesterday presented new evidence to police about the killing of her father, red-shirt Khattiya "Seh Daeng" Sawasdipol.

Before talking to Pol Colonel Wicharnwat Borirakkul, deputy chief of Metropolitan Police Division 1, Dear told reporters that the information she obtained corroborated Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung's claim that the killing was carried out by police.

She declined to say anything about the rank of the officer involved pending her testimony to police investigators.

Dear said she would give police information from witnesses to the shooting of Seh Daeng near Bangkok's Sala Daeng Intersection on May 15, 2010, during a red-shirt rally.

Over the past one year and eight months, the situation has improved, more and more people dared to speak out and she received videos and witness testimonies, she said.

She expressed confidence that the justice system would punish the wrongdoer.

Edited by Buchholz

I think the problem with this is the word "amnesty". This word disgraces the meaning of justice that has already been considered and served in a court of law. It disgraces the efforts and money and evidence gathered to convict the guilty. It disgraces by excluding the victims and the victims families who have had closure on account of something or someone who has no relationship to the crimes committed.

Did the families have a chance to be there at the killing point in time and plea for amnesty for the victim? No.

Regarding the timing of this amnesty: would it be any more meaningful for the Thai government to suggest amnesty were they all standing present before the killer and the victim and tell the family that amnesty will be provided for the killer on the moment the trigger is pulled or the knife used? No.

I can have respect, but only to a point, regardless of anything or anyone. End of story.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai party list MP Kattiya Sawasdipol, who lost her father, Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, during the political rally in 2010, said yesterday that whoever shot dead her father intended to kill him and could not be pardoned as part of an amnesty bill.

I agree with her 100% provided that that the people who murdered Col Romklao and his men also are not pardoned and given an amnesty.

• Like 2

The renegade general Seh Daeng, colorful figure, innocent till proven wrong. Or in his own words when asked about the mysterious MiB on April 10th, 2010, "No one saw me"

A true testament to the effectiveness of camouflaged uniforms that the Red Shirt Leader usually wore.

Also not a shred of evidence to support that Seh Daeng's killing wasn't ordered by the UDD leaders, neither that he was shot by army snipers (even if I suspect he was!).

Anyway, Chalerm and Seh Daeng's daughter both seem to think it was police, not army. I assume you are aware that the two historically haven't seen eye-to-eye on occasions.

Has that been "proven" beyond a shadow of a doubt now then? I think not, so stop with the "lies" crap when you can't prove anything one way or another yourself.

http://photo-journ.com/who-killed-seh-daeng/#axzz2KleV8483

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

dam_n, she's cute!

Sorry, purely a male response. I couldn't help it.smile.png

That wasn't the case a few years ago : P How they grow, eh?

Anyways, back to the topic. Poor girl doesn't know what she's saying. Does she even have a clue? We all know WHO was responsible for having his own #1 pawn shot. The truth will be a very bitter pill for her to swallow, unfortunately.

My take is that he knew too much, became a loose cannon and Thaksin realized if he was ever arrested and interrogated he might reveal the entire truth about the funding of the reds and many other incrimination things against Thaksin. So he simply had to be terminated.

This.

Why is she a MP???

Without a lick of knowledge or experience concerning politics or its workings, she was recruited for her PR value.

• Like 1

Why is she a MP???

Without a lick of knowledge or experience concerning politics or its workings, she was recruited for her PR value.

Are you talking about Kattiya or Yingluck? They both meet the same criteria.
  • Like 2