17 Gunmen Dead In Thai Military Base Attack: Army

webfact

any prisoners taken? If not, why?

Staged?

Think about with the mindset of a youngster down there, No education, job, money and no hope for life. Suddenly there are contacts and access to modern weapons, a few meetings and there you go.

Hell yes, all had their day. The youngsters could release their energy in the fight(nothing to lose) and the army looks good now.

Will anything change? I guess not. Unless I see POW from that incident I tend to suspect that this was staged from (a kind of) within.

This is not to blame the army, they just did their job. But what if it was staged? Not possible you think?

Where does the Thai underground go for weapons? There's a famous place for that, or used to be.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two potential cures for the south:

1) Any Thai that wants a driver's license for a 2- or 3-wheeled vehicle should first serve in the military in the south and perhaps they will learn from viewing blood and gore, before they're allowed to drive foolishly.

2) Build a wall around the southern 3 provinces. First allow all Buddhists to depart if they so wish.

I guess the same that supply the drugs supply the weapons too. I'd bet on that.

A long history of business style practice. So there must be a very close connection with local underground and less Malay underground.

How far that goes up in the hierarchy in Thailand and elsewhere is an open secret.

It could have all been avoided by a curfew.

It could all have been avoided If Thailand could find some way of getting rid of the Muslims, or at least closing down their Mosques, there's a war going on down there, and also in other Muslim infected countries that the UK and US among others are fighting in. Get rid of the Muslims and you get rid of the trouble, but unfortunately, it's been left too late.

so a short of planned execution? Wouldn't prevention have been a more civilised policy?

Prevention where Muslims are involved, no chance. Mohammed is the most common christian name in the UK, Would the Thais like it to be more common than Somchai?

so a short of planned execution? Wouldn't prevention have been a more civilised policy?

Prevention where Muslims are involved, no chance. Mohammed is the most common christian name in the UK, Would the Thais like it to be more common than Somchai?

Sorry to be pedantic, but it sticks out like a sore thumb .......... given or first name, not Christian name.

It could all have been avoided If Thailand could find some way of getting rid of the Muslims, or at least closing down their Mosques, there's a war going on down there, and also in other Muslim infected countries that the UK and US among others are fighting in. Get rid of the Muslims and you get rid of the trouble, but unfortunately, it's been left too late.

As long as the real cause "CORRUPTION" is not identified as such, nothing will change. This also explains why they try to keep out international support on that matter.

If some as individual go down there you stand a 99.99% of getting killed by Thai Mafia and not the local Muslims. I bet on that too.

I have to say that and I'm not a Muslim either.

Why is there a power march against drug barons originating from the South? The locals there know well what's going on. Nobody or not many support their aim.

Anyone who has no qualms about killing innocent people do not deserve the oxygen in our atmosphere. The killing of teachers & those who came to help the rice farmers is abhorrent, not to mention bombs which do not discriminate between man, woman or child.

Quite, however knee-jerk reactions like saying "[the killers] do not deserve the oxygen" are not going to solve this problem. It is going to take decades of diplomacy.

Can we get one thing straight here. This is NOT about religion, this is about (national/ethnic) identity over religion even though religion is being used as a tool.

To ramble on about 'evil' Muslims is to miss the point totally. There are as many terrified Muslims in the south as there are Buddhists...

Muslims terrified of what? right enough there was Muslims killed in the twin towers.

These are not Muslims but greedy land grabbers -

they pretend to benefit the poor but just want to get rich...

they don't care about anyone or anything except riches for themselves.

The army should protect the locals by coming down on these "Gunmen"

so they cannot steal more land from the poor.

24-hour curfew imposed in parts of Narathiwat, Pattani

By Digital Media

20130213112657.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 13 - Security agencies have imposed a 24-hour curfew in four Narathiwat sub-districts and two Pattani sub-districts following an assault early today by uniformed insurgents who attempted to storm a Narathiwat military base.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....25#entry6110488

In other words they are going to do nothing to solve the situation. I wonder i8f they really believe the insurgents care if they kill them on OK hours or no K hours.

New meaning to the old term lamebrain.

On the other hand I might do the same thing with a head and body full of ear medicine.

This theme is constantly repeated, just now do you propose to "get rid of" the Thai Malay Muslims living in the Deep South that is their home land. BTW research indicates only 18% of Thai Muslims live in the three Deep South provinces. Also approx 600 mosques in the Deep South & 3000+ throughout Thailand. Don't forget the current national commander of the RTP is a Muslim and until recently as was the commander in chief of the Thai Armed forces

Anyone who has no qualms about killing innocent people do not deserve the oxygen in our atmosphere. The killing of teachers & those who came to help the rice farmers is abhorrent, not to mention bombs which do not discriminate between man, woman or child.

Quite, however knee-jerk reactions like saying "[the killers] do not deserve the oxygen" are not going to solve this problem. It is going to take decades of diplomacy.

Can we get one thing straight here. This is NOT about religion, this is about (national/ethnic) identity over religion even though religion is being used as a tool.

To ramble on about 'evil' Muslims is to miss the point totally. There are as many terrified Muslims in the south as there are Buddhists...

Muslims terrified of what? right enough there was Muslims killed in the twin towers.

More Muslims murdered in the Deep South than any other group, that's why

Edited by simple1

Possible!

Rubber farms and other assets are indeed in demand, because they make high profits without much work. Killings about this happens everywhere in the South and not just in the 3 provinces.

First, they need to come down on the drug traders, then on the weapon suppliers. This could be easily obtained by accepting international support in form of surveillance and logistic. Not wanted. Why? Could it turn out that there're deals like which are underway near Krabi for an Island for 350 million Baht by locals? Money laundering?

Hell, everyone down there knows who's who. These are tiny villages where people know each other and know what everyone is doing at any given time. One just can't prepare attacks like this with local Muslims from there. Hell yes, some are short fused in between, no wonder, really. This is not to excuse anyone. Everyone must stand responsible for the deeds they commit.

But this is all politic-ed to cover the real aim.

It has system and is well organized, or not so well. Very revealing when considering all circumstances.

All I can say to Thailand is thanks for a job well done!!

Yes, the marines did their job. But what are the underlying root causes?

You mean "how can we apologize for Islamic terrorism and somehow blame it on someone else?" The root cause is the same religious fanaticism that is causing problems pretty much everywhere Muslims share a border with non-Muslims.

The way the Thai government in Bangkok along with most of its citizens around the country and the super powers worldwide are ignoring this prolonged and continuing conflict is amazing to me. What will it take for the world police (USA, UK and France) to get involved help protect the people of the Deep South here in Thailand? Maybe after another insurgence strike with a higher profile target like some tourist places in Phuket or Pattaya will make the outside world help and take notice of this terrible conflict and loss of lives here in Thailand?

I hope not.

I am sure that its only a matter of time before they strike one of the popular tourists places! Mind you, their plans might get upset if they try it on Samui, as it is never known when the power will go off or how long the outage will last.

Precisely. I am sure the Thai military is familiar with Psy-Ops. They are under no obligation

to provide anything but disinformation in these press releases, so an "interesting-if true!"

response makes more sense than it getting excited about details.

If this causes the insurgents to get paranoid and purge their ranks, so much the better!:)

"We learned of the attack in advance from defected militants," Pramote told Thai television - Why are they making these public announcements, you would think that it will slow down the defection rates or at least provides intelligence to the insurgents.

Will the authorities now be providing protection for the defectors families?

It's like the old saying "only a fool tells all he knows".

"We learned of the attack in advance from defected militants," Pramote told Thai television - Why are they making these public announcements, you would think that it will slow down the defection rates or at least provides intelligence to the insurgents.

Will the authorities now be providing protection for the defectors families?

It's like the old saying "only a fool tells all he knows".

The Thai Army is outnumbered two to 1 and the insurgents lose 17 dead to the Armies no casualties.

Maybe there are reporting errors but this sounds like a ass kicking.

Mate ! don't you know that the muslims do not wear amulets blessed by the monk as the RTA do..........Simple innit !

The Thai Army is outnumbered two to 1 and the insurgents lose 17 dead to the Armies no casualties.

Maybe there are reporting errors but this sounds like a ass kicking.

I guess they'll have to go back to shooting up telephone booths and primary schools.

And unarmed teachers !

seems no many readers know the facts about the south ?

In 1786, Siam (as Thailand was then called) expanded its influence(stole) to include

Patani and thus ended the Patani kingdom’s reign as a regional power.

In the process, Siam appointed leaders loyal to Siam to replace the existing rulers of

Patani and this led to the isolation of existing elites. This historical annexation

of the south serves as a more convincing reason behind the ongoing contention

between Malay Muslims and Siamese.

So they stole this muslim Kingdom ,kicked out the leaders and put their own puppet regime in.

The original not thai speaking people and non budist were forced to speak thai and become budists.

Well this will never happen ,this is so unfair ,they will rather die .

So all they do is to try to get back what is theirs.

Only sollution is to give those provonces back to the rightfull owners.But they wont loose face on this ,because they gave away parts of thailand on 14 different occasions and Rama5 said this was enough ,no more land could be given away.

I hope they win .But the chanse is small,look what happened in Ireland,Yougoslavia,mozambique,korea ,Vietnam..........

And i hope not to read those ignorant comments