Living In Thailand

homeownership

Whilst back in the UK, due to a friends birth, I have been mobbed by people asking for advice on ecommerce etc and feel mobbed, while in Thailand I can live my life in pure anonymity.

Now that your friend has finally been born after that long 9 months, maybe you can persuade his parents to bring to bring him/her to Thailand so that you don't need to return to the UK. Avoid making friends with other fetuses in the UK.

This is comedy gold! 5555

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst back in the UK, due to a friends birth, I have been mobbed by people asking for advice on ecommerce etc and feel mobbed, while in Thailand I can live my life in pure anonymity.

Now that your friend has finally been born after that long 9 months, maybe you can persuade his parents to bring to bring him/her to Thailand so that you don't need to return to the UK. Avoid making friends with other fetuses in the UK.

This is comedy gold! 5555

I havent been able to stop laughing, it has been so funny, I have even printed it out to distribute to the the other passengers on the plane when I return, it would certainly cheer them up no end. I better not show these comments to the pilot he might not be able to fly the plane straight. I have even thought about framing these comments as they are just so very funny that everytime I look at them, I am rolling around on the floor laughing and saying to my self in a state of euphoria, "look I made a typo error and now he cracked a joke about having fetuses for friends". hahaha hahaha hahaha

Comedy Gold ? Get a life !

Edited by homeownership
  • Like 1

Well I didn't frame it but I did take a screen grab on the phone. I'll probably refer back to it when in need of a chuckle now and again.

Tenacious Back Chat "WELLRED".

I like a person who stands up for themselves, it shows character. I have requested to be added to your friends list.

I can’t be in Thailand, I am too famous. whistling.gif

Fell for the US on the first trip and I can't understand why many foreigners are there(thailand) in drove. For me, it’s easier to live a good life/retired young, and be anonymous in the US.

You say you were mobbed by people in the UK. and like the quiet life, dont learn Thai they will spoil your quiet life.. They will know when you are going to fart before you do.

Thais are very social people and living in a gated community to me would be hell, Don't burn your bridges, holidays and living her is different.

I took a freelance bus from Korat to Bangkok and paid when he said we left in 15 mins. 2 hours later just enough customers to make it profitable to set off. This type of story happens regularly on Thai time so be prepared for a paradise with the occasional flaw.

You say you were mobbed by people in the UK. and like the quiet life, dont learn Thai they will spoil your quiet life.. They will know when you are going to fart before you do.

Thais are very social people and living in a gated community to me would be hell, Don't burn your bridges, holidays and living her is different.

I took a freelance bus from Korat to Bangkok and paid when he said we left in 15 mins. 2 hours later just enough customers to make it profitable to set off. This type of story happens regularly on Thai time so be prepared for a paradise with the occasional flaw.

Consider the alternative to this blissful paradise.

Extract from Devils Advocate (so very true).

John Milton (Satan): Eddie Barzoon! Eddie Barzoon! Ha! I nursed him through two divorces, a cocaine rehab, and a pregnant receptionist. God's creature, right? God's special creature? Ha! And I've warned him, Kevin, I've warned him every step of the way. Watching him bounce around like a fuc_king game, like a wind-up toy! Like 250 pounds of self-serving greed on wheels! The next thousand years is right around the corner, Kevin, and Eddie Barzoon--take a good look. Because he's the poster child for the next millennium! These people, it's no mystery where they come from. You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it could split atoms with its desire, you build egos the size of cathedrals, fiberopticly connect the world to every-eager-impulse, grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-played fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor! Becomes his own God! Where can you go from there? And as for scrambling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet? As the air thickens, the water sours, even the bees honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity--and it just keeps coming! And it just keeps coming! Faster and faster! There's no chance to think, to prepare, it's `buy futures, sell futures' when there is no future!! We've got a runaway train, boy!! We've got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of them reading to fist-fuc_k God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out with their pristine cybernetic keyboards to total up their billable hours!! And then it hits home! It's a little late in the game to buy out now!! Your belly's too full, your dick is sore, your eyes are bloodshot, and you're screaming for someone to help!! But guess what? There's no one there!! You're all alone, Eddie!! [mocking] You're God's special little creature!!

Maybe it's true. Maybe God threw the dice once too often. Maybe He let us all down.

Sitting on a bus for two hours drinking a ice cold "Leo Beer" and enjoying half a packet of L&M Red cant be all that bad can it.

Edited by homeownership

Consider the alternative to this blissful paradise.

Extract from Devils Advocate (so very true).

John Milton (Satan): Eddie Barzoon! Eddie Barzoon! Ha! I nursed him through two divorces, a cocaine rehab, and a pregnant receptionist. God's creature, right? God's special creature? Ha! And I've warned him, Kevin, I've warned him every step of the way. Watching him bounce around like a fuc_king game, like a wind-up toy! Like 250 pounds of self-serving greed on wheels! The next thousand years is right around the corner, Kevin, and Eddie Barzoon--take a good look. Because he's the poster child for the next millennium! These people, it's no mystery where they come from. You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it could split atoms with its desire, you build egos the size of cathedrals, fiberopticly connect the world to every-eager-impulse, grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-played fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor! Becomes his own God! Where can you go from there? And as for scrambling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet? As the air thickens, the water sours, even the bees honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity--and it just keeps coming! And it just keeps coming! Faster and faster! There's no chance to think, to prepare, it's `buy futures, sell futures' when there is no future!! We've got a runaway train, boy!! We've got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of them reading to fist-fuc_k God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out with their pristine cybernetic keyboards to total up their billable hours!! And then it hits home! It's a little late in the game to buy out now!! Your belly's too full, your dick is sore, your eyes are bloodshot, and you're screaming for someone to help!! But guess what? There's no one there!! You're all alone, Eddie!! [mocking] You're God's special little creature!!

Maybe it's true. Maybe God threw the dice once too often. Maybe He let us all down.

Sitting on a bus for two hours drinking a ice cold "Leo Beer" and enjoying half a packet of L&M Red cant be all that bad can it.

When I was 15 I got addicted to heroin for 6 years, i have seen friends die. My brother died at 32 through alchoholism, now knowing what I know, life is not for living behind gates. The bus story was just a way to let you know there is a different time zone here, good luck.

Well done for making the move many don't have the balls, if you don't like it so what the world is a small place.

We are all farang in my family. We settled in Chiang Mai, because on visiting Thailand, I just fell in love with the place. The climate, the people.

I live in a gated community called Floraville. I live in a 5 bedroom detached house with a bit of land and a swimming pool. The demographic is mostly over 50 years old white middleclass and thai middleclass.

I too first found the isolation difficult and then I got shipped my old cd's which I used when I was in business, mostly self help and deltawave hypnotherapy, I found this very helpful. I allowed me to focus on the me, inside and look out, rather than looking at my self as part of a world or community. I would be happy to send you links to where they can be downloaded if you pm me.

You're rather unique in that you didn't come to Thailand seeking a wife/partner. I'm impressed that you can come to a place like Thailand and see life here from a "glass-half-full" perspective. So many of your fellow farangs have such difficulty, mostly for their own personal reasons I suspect. I find that I have to constantly remind certain people that Thailand is not a western country and that "it is what it is," which is mostly a positive. I hope the constant whining/whinging from the usual suspects doesn't get you down.

So do you plan to settle here permanently? Do you speak Thai? Anyways, I hope you're able to maintain a positive attitude over the long term.

I am 37 years old and an Ex-Internet Super Entrepreneur.

I wonder if the young gentleman called Chris in the US, who started working as a software developer in 2012, has given you permission to use his photo as your avatar.

post-155923-0-39221800-1360901431_thumb.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

A couple of questions for the OP.

Your wife and child are farang, like yourself?

How did you come to settle on Doi Saket, Chiang Mai as the place to park?

What sort of house are you living in? I mean is it a standalone house with a yard or part of what they like to call a 'village'?

What is the demographic of the neighborhood?

OK, that was 4 questions.Please indulge me.

I agree with HeavyDrinker, from my experience, having a decent bank account or income makes life easier pretty much anywhere... apart from Islamabad. No money on earth would make that place acceptable. I am happy to see that you feel sufficiently anonymous in CM and can focus on family life; a well earned lifestyle but a luxury for most.

For myself, I like my married life here with Thai wife, luhk krung, still working but not 9-5. I agree with other posters that having Thai 'out-laws' can cause grief but only if you let it. My partner realises what a waste of skin even her close family can be and we keep the requisite distance. I find that any isolation it is harder for her in that regard as the Thai family is traditionally a strong bond but she is willing to ditch their 'in your face' closeness and live a life closer to me and our family, even at the cost of not having someone to sit and chat and eat with, especially when I am away making megabucks.

We are all farang in my family. We settled in Chiang Mai, because on visiting Thailand, I just fell in love with the place. The climate, the people.

I live in a gated community called Floraville. I live in a 5 bedroom detached house with a bit of land and a swimming pool. The demographic is mostly over 50 years old white middleclass and thai middleclass.

I too first found the isolation difficult and then I got shipped my old cd's which I used when I was in business, mostly self help and deltawave hypnotherapy, I found this very helpful. I allowed me to focus on the me, inside and look out, rather than looking at my self as part of a world or community. I would be happy to send you links to where they can be downloaded if you pm me.

Thanks for the information. As I guessed, you and your family are a 100% transplant and living in one of the newer 'cocoons' afforded by a gated community. There's still that 20-30 minute interaction with a bit of Thailand as you ferry your lad to and from school; assuming he is of school age? Assuming that your house has been built to a reasonable standard and you don't have plans to add extensions, apart from a possible air conditioner re-gas, you will probably manage to avoid dealing directly with Thai tradesman for a few more years. Point of note; beware of Thai electricians or more correctly, those that claim to be sparkies. CM has plenty of dining and entertainment options for those that either don't feel the need to integrate with fellow retirees or 'go native' and hit the local markets and food stalls. I think that it would be a great place for a budding author to decamp from and let the creative juices flow. I think that Chiang Rai would be more akin to my desired degree of separation from the locals. I really should visit some time as it is one of the 'must do' places in LOS that I haven't done in my (too) many years here.

I wonder if the young gentleman called Chris in the US, who started working as a software developer in 2012, has given you permission to use his photo as your avatar.

Ah... Morakot. The internet's first anorak.

Ah... Morakot. The internet's first anorak.

He seem a bit young to be the first anorak. biggrin.png

Please, lets not start the guessing game. I do like the cloak of anonymity and prefer you just treat me as "homeowneship", what ever your preconceptions may of been.

My guess do you live under a bridge? Do you have bad hair!

Homeownership of a detached house in Thailand? Fantasy?

Edited by Morakot

A couple of questions for the OP.

Your wife and child are farang, like yourself?

How did you come to settle on Doi Saket, Chiang Mai as the place to park?

What sort of house are you living in? I mean is it a standalone house with a yard or part of what they like to call a 'village'?

What is the demographic of the neighborhood?

OK, that was 4 questions.Please indulge me.

I agree with HeavyDrinker, from my experience, having a decent bank account or income makes life easier pretty much anywhere... apart from Islamabad. No money on earth would make that place acceptable. I am happy to see that you feel sufficiently anonymous in CM and can focus on family life; a well earned lifestyle but a luxury for most.

For myself, I like my married life here with Thai wife, luhk krung, still working but not 9-5. I agree with other posters that having Thai 'out-laws' can cause grief but only if you let it. My partner realises what a waste of skin even her close family can be and we keep the requisite distance. I find that any isolation it is harder for her in that regard as the Thai family is traditionally a strong bond but she is willing to ditch their 'in your face' closeness and live a life closer to me and our family, even at the cost of not having someone to sit and chat and eat with, especially when I am away making megabucks.

Trollololol at least your trying hard

• Like 2

Hmeownership quote

Do you find living in Thailand easier or harder than life back home, wherever that may be.

I don't currently live full time in Thailand, and I doubt if I ever will. But, I do enjoy every minute of my 6 month stay here. I can see that this might be not a bad way to spend my remaining years until I eventually go back to Canada when my health fails. I'm never going to cut all ties back home in Canada and I love both places equally well. I like to leave myself some options.

• Like 1

I found life in Thailand to different for me, I lived in a rural area, everyone was in my face....... up my arse,

That's definitely different to my life in Thailand mate.

Baanok Bukkake Buggery Orgies! laugh.png

Edited by mca

• 2 weeks later...