Oscar Pistorius ' Shoots Girlfriend' - Local Media

webfact

Oscar Pistorius 'shoots girlfriend' - local media

South African Paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius has been arrested over the fatal shooting of his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria, local media say.

newsjsPolice said a 26-year-old man, who they have not named, was in custody and a case of murder was being investigated.

The precise circumstances surrounding the incident are unclear. Reports say he may have mistaken her for a burglar.

Pistorius, 26, is known as the "blade runner", and was the first double amputee to run in the Olympics.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-21455453

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2013-02-14

RT @mpoppel: RT @RAGreeneCNN: BREAKING Police OPPOSE bail for suspect in Oscar Pistorius home shooting

Hmmm doesn't sound like he accidentally shot a burglar, does it? Unless he had an illegal firearm.

Or is this an envelope-inducing exercise?

First of all, my sympathies goes out to her and her family.

As far as the humor goes, I take humor where i can find it.

I hope when i go, my friends can lift a beer,

joke at my expense,

and remember the fun times we had together.

but thats just me.

For Oscar, Dude, <deleted> were you doing? just smh.

Of course we all sympathise with the girl's family and friends. It almost goes without saying, and yet some expect it to be said in every post. So, RIP beautiful lady. You picked a wrong 'un.

As for Pistorius, I always thought he was a cheat. Sure, he did good things for people with similar handicaps, but he should never have been allowed to race in the Paralympics. I can't understand why people don't see that having springy extensions to your legs makes it easier to run fast than having toes, feet, ankles and all the pain and jarring that they must produce.

He even complained that another guy with longer springy extensions was cheating! What a farce.

As for the humour, it's all in good taste.

Anyway, what he did winning gold at the Paralympics was an incredible achievement. Quite a feat, you might say.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Unlike others, I fail to see the humor in this.

I mean the shooting and the handicap.

Grow up!

Welcome to Thaivisa forum, where such 'humor' (!) is sadly common.

I agree with you. There is nothing funny in this.

Edited by JemJem

Of course we all sympathise with the girl's family and friends. It almost goes without saying, and yet some expect it to be said in every post. So, RIP beautiful lady. You picked a wrong 'un.

As for Pistorius, I always thought he was a cheat. Sure, he did good things for people with similar handicaps, but he should never have been allowed to race in the Paralympics. I can't understand why people don't see that having springy extensions to your legs makes it easier to run fast than having toes, feet, ankles and all the pain and jarring that they must produce.

He even complained that another guy with longer springy extensions was cheating! What a farce.

As for the humour, it's all in good taste.

Anyway, what he did winning gold at the Paralympics was an incredible achievement. Quite a feat, you might say.

No problem for him he will soon spring out of jail.

• Like 1

Looks like the defence will be that he thought it was a burglar in his house, didn't know it was his girlfriend, so naturally fired 4 shots through the door as he thought his life was in danger.

And if you believe that...

If that happened in Thailand and when you have enough money and influence in TH, that explanation, could, with good possibility work here! whistling.gif

he should never have been allowed to race in the Paralympics.

"Never have been allowed to race in Paralympics ?" Why?

The complaining is just a Normality in nearly, every competitive sport and made from many athletes, football-soccer players, F1 drivers ect!

No farce at all. Look at the Formula 1 and its complaining, such Blades (can) come out of the same ingenuity.

Looks like the defence will be that he thought it was a burglar in his house, didn't know it was his girlfriend, so naturally fired 4 shots through the door as he thought his life was in danger.

And if you believe that...

I think I read somewhere that neighbors heard fighting immediately before. She probably locked herself in the bathroom for safety and then guns did there thing.

She was a nice looking bad. Good enough to drive a man crazy for sure. Dudes just have to remember there is always another just around the corner.