Molly Malones - Death Of The Early Bird Breakfast

whistleblower

Went to Molly Malones on Soi Convent yesterday as I usually do a couple of times a week for their early bird breakfast. Before 12 noon you used to get bacon, hash, browns sausage 2 eggs any style, toast and tea or coffee for 130bht (although on their website its still posted at 99bht - Mollys your website needs updating)

Yesterday though, I was given their 'new' menu. Now you have to 'build' your own breakfast.

Hash browns seem to bee off the menu now as well as the tomatoes. The new prices are as follows:

Toast 40bht

sausage (1) 40bht

Bacon (2 small rashers) 80bht

beans 40bht

mushrooms 80bht

Eggs (2) 60bht

Tea or coffee have been omitted from the new menu, possibly due to an oversight on the menus designer so I am not sure exactly how much they cost. But the old price was around 80 - 90bht for tea.

So for the above mentioned breakfast (I know that mushrooms and beans were not on the early bird breakfst) that is a total of 420bht plus 10% & 7%VAT = 491bht

The early bird breakfast that you used to get will set you back 351bht now - minus the hash browns.

Mollys early bird breakfast has always been popular and there are usually lots of people in there when I go. These new prices will surely turn quite a few customers away.

Molly's, I think you have made a mistake on this one!!

Now, anyone know of other places that do a good breakfast???

Sorry to hear it. That new price is fast approaching what breakfast would cost at a hotel!

Yep I'm thinking that they really didnt think this one through. Most times I go for the early bird breakfast is at around 9.30am - 10.30am. Usually quite busy then. This may kill off all that early daytime trade. Shame as it was a good breakfast.

Yep, the bar manager isn’t a food and beverage bar manager, he has no idea and many times drunk. Why the owner of this place keep him to run his own show I really have no idea, I wouldn’t.

Hope you find good place to get your breakfast.

I have heard he is quite often drunk. Thankfully at 9.30 am i never see him. Wont be seeing him in the future either. Seeing as he has probably killed the breakfast trade I will go elsewhere for a breakfast.

Any suggestions??

I like the breakfast at My Old Dutch on the corner of Soi Cowboy and Soi 23, can't remember the price, maybe 150 or 200 but it's ace, 2 cups of coffee/tea + small orange juice + 3 eggs, ham, cheese (!) bacon, sausage. They have a lesser option than their huge one too but always likes that place down the years

The royal ivory hotel on soi 4 has a very decent breakfast menu. it is all.you.can.eat...

Silom soi 4 or sukhumvit? do you have a price?

Soi 4 and Sukhumvit....The price eludes me, as I haven't been there in about six months, but if I was there, it was as friendly on the wallet as possible.

Well I had to go into Bangkok again yesterday. After I had visited the Embassy, I went to lower Sukhumvit to search out a decent breakfast. I came accross Bully's pub. All I can say is that their breakfast is superb! For 220 baht you get:

2 English sausages

2 rashers of bacon

2 eggs (fried or scrambled)

fried tomatos

mushrooms

fried potatoes

baked beans

4 slices of toast

mug of tea/coffee

glass of orange/pineapple juice

If I were the owners of Molly Mallones, I would be sending their manager/head cook down to Bully's to see how it is done.

Well done Bully's - you have a new regular customer!!

Commiserations Molly's - you have lost one!