Thailand's Prostitution Image Is Embarrassing

webfact

Lets face it -many foreigners who come/live in Thailand are morons.They dont know anything about Thai life,thai girls except examples from varius soi-s.This guy is talking if women wear shorts then she must be a prostitute,<deleted>? Than most of women from Bangkok are prostitutes?

You dont even have to talk to "farangs",just look at many idiotic posts on internet.Other then many pointless assumptions and reasons why is she working as a bar girls the fact is:

-99% of them -has at LEAST 1 baby to take care without husband,family,child support

-has a poor family that needs to be "take care of"

-dont have any education,even 12-15years if she's lucky

So having a baby/ies,poor family,not even a basic education,she cant work more then 6-7000baht.Its hardly enough for her,needless to say for baby,family.

If you want to see a bar girl transformation you should look at newcomers in bar and after 2-3 months of "working".Sleeping with strangers for money,really changes the person.

The point is everybody has a dream when they're young ,nobody thinks about someday being a dirty old man fantasy.Unfortunately for most of them,its their only choice.

well, speak for yourself.

so what? u belive that they are working at bars because they like it every night with strangers?

I have it from some respectable politicians here that foreigners come here for temples, culture, nature and the like smile.png

Ha respectable polititions.

I have it from some respectable politicians here that foreigners come here for temples, culture, nature and the like smile.png

Sure. Pure as snow was his name, or maybe Purachai thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Lets face it -many foreigners who come/live in Thailand are morons.They dont know anything about Thai life,thai girls except examples from varius soi-s.This guy is talking if women wear shorts then she must be a prostitute,<deleted>? Than most of women from Bangkok are prostitutes?

You dont even have to talk to "farangs",just look at many idiotic posts on internet.Other then many pointless assumptions and reasons why is she working as a bar girls the fact is:

-99% of them -has at LEAST 1 baby to take care without husband,family,child support

-has a poor family that needs to be "take care of"

-dont have any education,even 12-15years if she's lucky

So having a baby/ies,poor family,not even a basic education,she cant work more then 6-7000baht.Its hardly enough for her,needless to say for baby,family.

If you want to see a bar girl transformation you should look at newcomers in bar and after 2-3 months of "working".Sleeping with strangers for money,really changes the person.

The point is everybody has a dream when they're young ,nobody thinks about someday being a dirty old man fantasy.Unfortunately for most of them,its their only choice.

well, speak for yourself.

so what? u belive that they are working at bars because they like it every night with strangers?

The first line was enough.

"The question is, why has prostitution become so huge inThailand that it is now famous for it? Although it is illegal, prostitution is still going on nearly everywhere in Thailand, especially in the big cities visited by tourists like Bangkok and Pattaya."

What do you call a woman tthat sells her body for $200 an hour? A high class call girl.

What do you call one that sells it at $20 a night? An embarrassment.

The fact that everyone can afford it makes it popular. I hate to see prices go up in Thailand, but until the economy and jobs improve you will see this.

$20 a night? I did not realize it was that cheap here. All the girls i know charge much more than that.

Actually, in many, MANY cases: Yes, I believe.

You just enlighten me.I though it was because of non-education,bad/poor family,baby/ies. Then congratulations.You're just like every poser all over the internet who knows everything about bar girls(not normal thai ladies).

This is why there is no point in discussion about this,because its a know fact that for most of foerigners like you who dont know difference between thai girl and bar girl,and most of people put them in a same trash.

This is how is and will be unfortunately.Go outside bar a meet a normal thai girls.If you want to meet a normal thai girl dont look at bad places

As in Culyure sec--NOK AIR calender, a respectable clean living lady, not wanting this to tarnish Thalands image--TAT agrees, We should shut down all these establishments forthwith---ooops but we don't want brushwood blowing down the streets, well keep some of the bars eh!!

You just enlighten me.I though it was because of non-education,bad/poor family,baby/ies. Then congratulations.You're just like every poser all over the internet who knows everything about bar girls(not normal thai ladies).

This is why there is no point in discussion about this,because its a know fact that for most of foerigners like you who dont know difference between thai girl and bar girl,and most of people put them in a same trash.

This is how is and will be unfortunately.Go outside bar a meet a normal thai girls.If you want to meet a normal thai girl dont look at bad places

Most of bar girls I met were Thai girls. Many or almost all of these "normal Thai girls" I know so far, turned amazingly quickly to lazy and greed "other kind of girls" (bar girl?) when they met some "rich farang", so had not enough time to familiarize with them smile.png .

Edited by MuuDaeng

This is not just a 'tourist' problem. The Thais seem to ignore the 'domestic' problem on the assumption that foreigners don't know about it. Every city in Thailand has various centres where sex is readily available.

Karaoke clubs, massage entertainment centres, etc. in every city and town in Thailand - catering not to foreigners, but to local Thais of every class.

What Thais may be more concerned about is the reputation that could be gained if foreigners started frequenting places like Ratchada where most of these huge entertainment complexes, up till now geared to service mainly Thai businessmen, and owned by prominent Thai businessmen, police, army and dare I say possibly people related to the government.

Chiang Mai allegedly has over 300 short-time hotels. I've never seen a tourist using the ones I pass.

How would you know? They have covered car parks.

Kilgore Trout has a very good point. Prostitution in Thailand is described as an evil, which the farangs are the major offenders. Wake up, the more than 1 million prostitutes in Thailand serves more Thais than farangs. I'm not supporting prostitution, but it is not a farang issue but Thai issue.

As in Culyure sec--NOK AIR calender, a respectable clean living lady, not wanting this to tarnish Thalands image--TAT agrees, We should shut down all these establishments forthwith---ooops but we don't want brushwood blowing down the streets, well keep some of the bars eh!!

See my post #71 ( )

Most of bar girls I met were Thai girls. Many or almost all of these "normal Thai girls" I know so far, turned amazingly quickly to lazy and greed "other kind of girls" (bar girl?) when they met some "rich farang", so had not enough time to familiarize with them smile.png .

Well this tread is closed for me like i presumed.There's no point in discussion about thai girls when avarage "farang" know only about bar girls.

I just said there would not be as many bar girls as nowdays if they all have some kind of education,no babies to take care alone,or no really poor/bad family like avarage western women.Its all about choices in life,but when you have problem/life like this there isnt much choices.

And im talking about most of the bar girls,for some- yes sure they are working only because of money.Everything comes from family and what they put in womens brain.For every lady like this that you know probably its a good thing look at parents first.There will be much similarity.

bye

Edited by DA3NDORPHIN3

Embarrasing?

Who's embarrased? The sellers? Not apparently. The buyers? Not apparently.

Maybe it is those who are in denial, and do absolutely nothing to change the reality of the state of Thailand who are embarrased.

prostitution is not only for foreigners! a thai friend of mine took me to a thai cat house! the price was cheaper and was good for all the time you stayed. but if you left and returned. you had to pay again! I believe it cost 600 baht for all day!

The VAST majority of Thai/Foreigner relationships end quite quickly. Thats a fact. Look up the numbers. You're cute personal anecdote and apologetics may sound nice but they don't mesh with the facts. Most of my friends who are married to Thais are either in bad relationships they want to get out of or are being hustled by the wife's family. All Thai women may not be that way, but there is a disturbing number who are and if you think it is no different from anywhere else you are either frighteningly naive or not living in reality.

I'm not naive, don't know who you think im apologising for I know what the realities of life are and not sure one or two sentences constitutes an anecdote. Yes there are lot of unhappy relationships here but you need to realise they are not all as bitter and dark as you wish to paint them.

Of course they are not all as bitter and dark, I am in a good one myself, But I also realize women such as my wife are in the minority here in a big way. She hates Thai culture and its abhorrent treatment of women more than anybody. Everyone is complaining about old foreign men coming looking for Thai girls, but these same folks could care less about the fact its a culture where Thai men can pretty much legally beat the living hell out of their wives, where polygamy is everywhere and women are cast into the waste basket of society after age 29. If Thailand doesn't want so many of its women becoming prostitutes maybe they should start treating them with some dignity to begin with

Funny part is. When writing on TV, almost everyone who is not single is in a fantastic relationship with a very honest and loving Thai woman, who in most cases is also from a very good family and has at least a PHD, not to mention a great job making tonnes of money - and she has never even heard of bargirls. Yet these same guys claim that most other westerners in Thailand are in relationships with deceiving bar girls. (I am of course not referring to you specifically, just all the other TV guys :-)

I did not marry a bar girl but i do have to admit that my wife is not a very honest and loving woman. Hell she lies when telling the truth would have been better. LOL!

My wife and I own a businesses in Thailand.

Our staff earn in excess of 15000 BTH per month each.

Our staff do not have to do anything sexual or degrading, yet we find it nearly

impossible to find staff.

We spend 20% of our budget and time just trying to find Thai people to work.

This includes spending long days at the unemployment office, handing out brochures in

the street and in complexes and markets.

Canvasing tuk tuks and other shop owners to find people.

Offering large incentive for people just to find other people to work.

Large numbers of Thai young people become very angry when you simply ask them if they would like a

job serving coffee.

My Lawyer has suggested they get angry because you are implying that they have to work

because either their parents don't love them enough to pay for them, or they are not beautiful

enough to find a partner to take care of them(both men & women).

There is absolutely no excuse for any one in this country to become a prostitute.

These women and their family are just lazy scum bags.

I can offer any one in the picture a job tomorrow which doesn't involve

prostitution.

Just so non Thai people can understand;

the sort of money we offer would easily pay for a very nice condo with swimming pool & gym.

a nice motorcycle and all the Thai food you could eat.

After living in this country on and off for about ten years, I don't have a lot of respect for Thai prostitutes and I have no sympathy for them whats so ever, because I know, there are just so many businesses crying out for workers.

I don't think they're asking for your sympathy.

My favourite bit is that the Pattaya Daily News mentions Bangkok specifically a few times and only once mentions Pattaya. as for being a large brothel - that is pattaya Not Bangkok. BKK has way more to offer - other than sex - than Pattaya does.

As for "Actions" comment. Italy Claims to be a Catholic country - but still has prossies. England claims to be a Christian country and has prossies. What is your point?

Thai is a Bhuddist country.

G

I thought catholics were christians ?

Embarrasing?

Maybe it is those who are in denial, and do absolutely nothing to change the reality of the state of Thailand who are embarrased.

Yes, one prostitute was very honest in telling me that she and the other girls don't like their work, but they need to do it to provide for their children or parents. You can't believe that many prostitutes are happy with her chosen profession, and not doing it out of necessity. Heck, most wives say no to sex if asked. Why would a prosititue want a different person in her every night? That is a guys dream, not a woman's.

My wife and I own a businesses in Thailand.

Our staff earn in excess of 15000 BTH per month each.

Our staff do not have to do anything sexual or degrading, yet we find it nearly

impossible to find staff.

We spend 20% of our budget and time just trying to find Thai people to work.

This includes spending long days at the unemployment office, handing out brochures in

the street and in complexes and markets.

Canvasing tuk tuks and other shop owners to find people.

Offering large incentive for people just to find other people to work.

Large numbers of Thai young people become very angry when you simply ask them if they would like a

job serving coffee.

My Lawyer has suggested they get angry because you are implying that they have to work

because either their parents don't love them enough to pay for them, or they are not beautiful

enough to find a partner to take care of them(both men & women).

There is absolutely no excuse for any one in this country to become a prostitute.

These women and their family are just lazy scum bags.

I can offer any one in the picture a job tomorrow which doesn't involve

prostitution.

Just so non Thai people can understand;

the sort of money we offer would easily pay for a very nice condo with swimming pool & gym.

a nice motorcycle and all the Thai food you could eat.

After living in this country on and off for about ten years, I don't have a lot of respect for Thai prostitutes and I have no sympathy for them whats so ever, because I know, there are just so many businesses crying out for workers.

If your business is in easy reach of Pattaya I will introduce you to at least 10 girls of unimpeachable character.

Embarrasing?

Yes, one prostitute was very honest in telling me that she and the other girls don't like their work, but they need to do it to provide for their children or parents. You can't believe that many prostitutes are happy with her chosen profession, and not doing it out of necessity. Heck, most wives say no to sex if asked. Why would a prosititue want a different person in her every night? That is a guys dream, not a woman's.

Thank you,at least 1 normal foreigner here

• Like 1

Hi all,

Im 82years old virgin(used to be),i live in Pattaya.I sell my house and my pony just to come live here.I met a bar girl who is 19years old,

she say she loves me so much and her family too.Do you think she loves me or my money?

By the way my father,who is 112years old,would like to come to live in Pattaya also.He had sex only 1 time in life(of course with my mother).

You think he can find nice girl that loves him?

P.S. I am more handsome.

It may be interesting to examine the motivations and mindset of a substantial number of middle-class young ladies in Japan who voluntarily enter the "water trade" (Japanese: mizu-shobai) and compare them with their Thai counterparts. In Japan, anyone can find info on this subject at the local news stand. For example, "soapland" magazines often feature interviews with soapland girls regarding their everyday lives and their get-rich-quick plans. Many of these young ladies enter the business at age 20 with a clear-cut plan to work 3 years and retire.

The incredible truth is -- these clever ladies have a combination of attractiveness, skills and street savvy that allows them to earn $2,500-$3,000 (THB 75,000-90,000) or more per night without ever giving up their precious virginity. [Note: You can't get much more clever than that -- or maybe their customers are just that much more gullible.] With a bit of zeal and dedication, these ladies can easily earn $2.0-$2.5 million in three years. Even after deducting living and work expenses and taxes they can save $1.5-$2 million.

After "retirement" at about age 23, their plans typically includes taking an extended Hawaii vacation with friends, then buying a BMW sports car and an upscale penthouse condo. With these "credentials" and with their virginity still technically intact, at 23-25 years old, they can still snag a rich, handsome young Japanese husband who will very likely never learn of their dodgy past and will treasure them because they are still a virgin at marriage.

In comparison, most of the poor young Thai girls from Isaan, no matter how attractive, would likely be hard pressed to match the "successful" careers of their Japanese "soapland" peers.

If interested, you can Google "soapland" for a simple, watered-down (no pun intended) explanation in English.

Thailand should be more embarrassed about rampant corruption, poor infrastructure, the huge dog problem, the huge litter problem, and using their fingers to wipe their butts. Prostitution at least helps a large number of Thai's.

Embarrasing?

I have heard that on occasion Thai prostitutes don't tell the truth. How do you know the one you were speaking to was telling the truth?

• Like 2

Embarrasing?

I have heard that on occasion Thai prostitutes don't tell the truth. How do you know the one you were speaking to was telling the truth?

On occasion? Good one.

At the risk of being boring, there's another issue hidden here. That is that Thailand has a surprisingly ageing population but culturally there remains the expectation that the children will be a source of support for the parents in older age. A position enthusiastically endorsed by the government [of any colour, hue or disposition].

Now either there's a rapid growth in personal intellectual capabilities or options will once again narrow.

Seems like most Thai women are prostitutes on some level. If anyone thinks Thai women expecting compensation for their sex or even their time is limited to the bars they know nothing about this country. You can walk into pretty much any 7/11 anywhere in Thailand and most of the women will go with a man for the right price. Prostitution is part of the culture in Thailand whether they are willing to accept it or not.

To be kind and polite -- This is the most blatantly biased post I've ever seen on TV.

I've heard comments of this type before. There is just no civil way to respond.

This defies all sense of human reasoning. Best to just leave it there.

• Like 1