White Trash On Holidays In Los- Bad Parenting

advancebooking

Normally my philosophy in life is to observe not to judge. However, I have to make an exception...

I was on KPY island recently and visited one of the restaurants on a beach not far from Had Rin. In these restaurants it is ok to smoke pot which I have no problem with at all. I sat down next to an American couple who had a daughter that must have been 5 or 6 yrs old.

In one hour they smoked several joints and cigi's with their daughter right next to them. The poor innocent kid had to breath in their passive smoke during this time and the trailer trash parents made no effort to prevent exposure.

Some people should really not raise children...Do you agree this is bad parenting?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in the '60s, Mom and all the neighborhood wives (and most of the husbands) smoked like chimneys.

Other than that 3rd nostril, I suffered no ill effects.

If that's the worst thing they exposed their daughter to, it's not as bad (IMO) as parents that walk their kids up hooker beach in _____________ (fill in your least favorite tourist town, and not just Thailand).

And none of it is any of my business. No telling how good they are as parents from a few minutes of observing...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

The op may be a little premature in judging the parents as 'bad'. Most of us as parents do make mistakes in raising children, but looking at the % of bad citizens that are produced, the majority of parents seem successful in raising 'good people'

The child is 5 or 6 so her parents still have some time to ensure she turns out to theirs and/or others satisfaction. Would anyone even mention, much less question their attributes,if the parents had been drinking spirits?

I'd rather have parents that got high and chilled out, than one's that got drunk and beat me.

I agree and altough I havent had cannabis for 45 years I am seriousley thinking of throwing prescribed medication in the bin and getting on the smoko I couldnt be any worse off

I smell a baited hook :)

but i'll bite.

So is it the they were americans or the second hand smoke that got your feathers up? :)

I rate this transgression somewhere between letting kids eat at McDonolds,

and letting kids listen to paul anka.

basically a non issue.

If kids exposed to second hand smoke gets your feather up,

invests in some blinders. You'll be happier.

• Like 2

Its possible to disagree with the OP without getting personal. OP I would suggest that you also tone down the aggressive tone as well. posts have been deleted

It is unfortunate that some here judge people by their bank balance and not whats in their heart. sad.png

Ahh gotcha, it was the pot thingie thats got you riled up.

OK have to admit, thats not too cool. I rate that like parents drinking moderately in front of their kids.

Not a fantastic role model you're presenting.

Still, unfortunately, i've seen a lot worse, in and out of the US.

but yeah, not cool. I certainly wouldnt do it. and i'd probably take my kids away from it if i did see it..

Everybody should be born infertile, and after passing stringent tests, only then be allowed to reproduce after some reversible procedure.

I think being a ThaiVisa member should allow automatic reproduction rights.

I have never seen such a bunch of self important perfect people in one Forum, many members here give the impression that they are beyond reproach, they are perfect drivers, never drink and drive, god forbid ever going to a bar and paying for sex,they are perfect husbands to perfect wives who have perfect kids, quite incredible how so many morally and erhically superior Farangs are all on one Forum.

Amazing, cos most Farangs I know in real life are just normal guys, nothing like how Farangs profess to be on ThaiVisa.

Your circle. coffee1.gif Ohhhhhh, whats your normal guy. ?

For decades parents smoke near their kids....without effects. When I was a kid every restaurant was a full with smoke that you could not see the other side, and even the owners kids who stayed there day and night got old.....Of course it isn't good but nothing to be hysteric about.

• Like 2

For decades parents smoke near their kids....without effects. When I was a kid every restaurant was a full with smoke that you could not see the other side, and even the owners kids who stayed there day and night got old.....Of course it isn't good but nothing to be hysteric about.

What do you mean it had no effect...it turned many of the children into grown up opiniated bigots who see harm in what others do allways.

• Like 2

How many kids of that earlier age of pot-smoking hippies are now high-tech millionaires? More than a few. Second hand pot smoke isn't the health risk that 2nd-hand cigarette smoke is. Unless of course they were doing spliffs; then there was harmful 2nd-hand tobacco smoke. Shame on them!

No proof that youthful contact highs are detrimental to long-term development.

And no proof that youth growing up around pot-smoking parents are forever condemned to the hell of drug addiction. May in fact be healthier in the long run to be exposed to a better alternative then hanging out at barbecues and family gatherings with beer drinking, margarita guzzling parents.

]It is unfortunate that some here judge people by their bank balance and not whats in their heart. sad.png

I don't care what's in their bank book. They are forcing children to inhale the poisons they are consuming. I don't care if adults smoke, I've smoked both cigarettes and weed before, but it's not ok to do where children are forced to inhale it as well. Additionally smoking weed in public in Thailand while you are there with children is extremely irresponsible. I don't approve of Thailand's harsh drug laws, but they exist, and that child is put in to a very bad situation if the parents end up arrested for what they are doing.

What do you mean it had no effect...it turned many of the children into grown up opiniated bigots who see harm in what others do allways.

I come from the country side....there....maybe because of the fresh air the people are still normal and political pretty uncorrect.

• Like 1