Where Are All The Swedish, Danish And Northern European Friends This Year?

honoluabay

Looks ok. I was under the impression they only ate potatoes and turnips.

Only the Ruskie Elite can afford Spuds and Turnips which are only available in the big cities of Russia, and only in 5 Star (Zsar) Hotels.

Sent from my ASUS keyboard using the internet.

Swedish, Danish And Northern European dont like russians, so they go somewhere else..

Like Hua Hin. thumbsup.gif

I have never seen as many good looking, well dressed and well behaved Scandanavians as I have seen in Hua Hin.

Even the Russians are high end.

Sorry to say, but the Katha to Kalim strip is now attracting the low end tourists. The decent accomodation, i.e. 4 &5 star palces are significantly more expensive now than elsewhere. I believe that there has been a slow but steady erosion of the more desirable tourist demographic to destinations where they feel more welcome and safer. Why pay 5000 baht/night for mediocrity when one can pay 3000-4000 baht in Krabi or Hua Hin for luxury with a much better atmosphere? The budget type accomodations that appeal to the Jet Star, Thomas Cook Air Asia crowd are still affordable. What Phuket is getting are a lot of 1st timers from China, India and the middle east along with the trash crowd from the EU and Australia.

Edited by geriatrickid

Spoke to a Russian lady at the the beach and she said Russians have fallen in love with Thailand and when the unrest in the middle est calms down Russians will still keep coming to Thailand as they like it better here. So we may as well get used to the silent treatment.

Salmon is readily available anywhere in Russia, in fact one of my favourite Russian dishes is a fillet of salmon, coated with a mix of chopped boiled eggs and mushrooms, and wrapped in a pastry case (like a beef wellington) and baked.

Whoa, that sounds excellent !

I worked and lived in Russia for a couple of years, and where possible used Russian recipes and locally available produce. This salmon dish is actually called Kulebiaka. Recipe I used here:

http://www.ruscuisin...seafood/n--504/

Thanks...I'll be cookin' this in a day or two. Looks good and will make the farm fish more palatable

Swedish, Danish And Northern European dont like russians, so they go somewhere else..

Who likes Russians?

I do.

Post a photo of you all sitting around the dining table drinking shots of vodka next time you have your Russian friends around for lunch Edited by IrishIvan

Like Hua Hin. thumbsup.gif

I have never seen as many good looking, well dressed and well behaved Scandanavians as I have seen in Hua Hin.

Even the Russians are high end.

Sorry to say, but the Katha to Kalim strip is now attracting the low end tourists. The decent accomodation, i.e. 4 &5 star palces are significantly more expensive now than elsewhere. I believe that there has been a slow but steady erosion of the more desirable tourist demographic to destinations where they feel more welcome and safer. Why pay 5000 baht/night for mediocrity when one can pay 3000-4000 baht in Krabi or Hua Hin for luxury with a much better atmosphere? The budget type accomodations that appeal to the Jet Star, Thomas Cook Air Asia crowd are still affordable. What Phuket is getting are a lot of 1st timers from China, India and the middle east along with the trash crowd from the EU and Australia.

Hua Hin just gets the blue rinse set and the expats from bangkok celebrating how they are going to splurge out on the remains of their 50, 000 baht a month school teacher salary