Tot Server Crash Wipes Out Thailand's Internet

george

Were you affected by TOT server crash?  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks George !!

In Pattaya it is still impossible to access any Website while using TOT !

I spoke too soon, just after George posted this and I posted my message TOT came back online in Patters.

Fortunately I have a 3BB line as a Backup !!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Hua Hin was out for 8 hours or so. First time we've had a big problem with TOT. I have friends who use BBB in Hua Hin and they say the service is terrible. Some others say it's good. Haven't bothered to get True down here although i do have True at home in Nonthaburi.

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

But maybe that is just wishful thinking

Funny, the the TOT rep at the sevice counter told me the problem was in Surat Thani and everything south of that was affected. Lol, I believed her. Silly me goof.gif Not that it would have changed anything. 1100 TOT's phone number was not working and that makes sense now that I have seen this report.

• Like 2

i guess, BACKUP server is asking to much in this day and age

Actually in this day and age it's supposed to be 'realtime data replication' with (at least) two servers, each at another location, and (at least) two different links between the sites.wai.gif

Around lunchtime I had problems getting into TV forum, but abroad news sites seemed without problems. I have a 7M/512k TOT link in khet Dusit, Bangkok.

At the moment no problems at all smile.png

Mine seemed just the opposite, I could get connected with Bangkok Post but couldn't open my Yahoo homepage; weird I thought. Working fine now here in Lumpini.intheclub.gif

What surprises me the most, is that there was no communication from ToT on their website.

If there is a problem then the most logical thing to do is post a message in Thai on their Website and for my part in Tinglish that the Internet is not working.

But maybe that is just wishful thinking

Yes, it is really logical to post a message on a website that the internet is not working.

If customers' internet is not working, how will they access the website to read the message?

By using another provider ?? Or via Mobile Phone ?

If internet is down people will be trying to go on the internet via another means and they will first go to the website of their provider they see if there is a message

I can connect to the internet (for example) via

1- Another Provider (I have 2 providers (1x 3BB and 1x TOT)

2- Mobile Phone via 3G (12call & Dtac)

3- Mobile Phone via Edge (12call & Dtac)

4- Aircard (12call & Dtac)

Edited by MJCM