Pvc/aluminium Windows And Doors

teletiger

I'm visiting Pattaya tomorrow. Can anyone recommend any decent showrooms to visit.

regards

The following phone number is of the company that suppied the pvc windows and doors for my recently built house:

I'm afraid I don't know the name of the firm, or where they are located. The guy who built my house engaged them, and they worked through him. After I moved in I wanted some more window/door/screenwork done so the builder called him back, and I got his phone number. I think he is probabbly in East Pattaya.

I was very satisfied with his work. :o

I recently posted on the real estate thread about this subject :D

I got zero replies :D

The only company doing good quality UPVC that I have found are ARC, doubtless they are good, but I can't justify there prices, to me, for Thailand they are ridiculous. (15,000 Baht for fitting 1 set Patio doors, doors themselves 160k+?) :o

Aluminum doors and windows are easy to find and not expensive with many suppliers, will call # supplied as soon as I get a chance and see what they can offer.

I recently posted on the real estate thread about this subject :D

I got zero replies :D

The only company doing good quality UPVC that I have found are ARC, doubtless they are good, but I can't justify there prices, to me, for Thailand they are ridiculous. (15,000 Baht for fitting 1 set Patio doors, doors themselves 160k+?) :D

Aluminum doors and windows are easy to find and not expensive with many suppliers, will call # supplied as soon as I get a chance and see what they can offer.

jeepers creepers :D I've got 55sq metres of doors and windows to fit. At that price..... :o It's about 5 squillion Baht. I'd use corrugated tin sheeting.....but the wife....you understand.

regards

A mere 100k will get you 55 m2 of insulated glass, unfortunatley you wont have any frames, and you need to add fitting + VAT. :D

Appears to be room for competition :D What happened to all the double glazing salesmen that proliferated years back in the UK.

Please post if you do find anywhere, the only other place I found in Thailand was a company in Bangkok, but you had to order a minimum of 100 pieces :o

Cheers :D

I have previously been told that there is a much cheaper UPVC place just south of Jomtien. Between the Ambassador Hotel and Ban Amphur there is a building supply shop on the Eastern side of Sukhumvit. After it there is a small soi and, according to the guy that told me, it is down there. I may have misunderstood the directions somewhat and I have never gone to look for the place, but it is in that vicinity.

I have previously been told that there is a much cheaper UPVC place just south of Jomtien. Between the Ambassador Hotel and Ban Amphur there is a building supply shop on the Eastern side of Sukhumvit. After it there is a small soi and, according to the guy that told me, it is down there. I may have misunderstood the directions somewhat and I have never gone to look for the place, but it is in that vicinity.

I'll check this out as soon as I get a chance

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
I too am looking for a supplier of quality double glazed, PVC windows.

Any references would be appreciated.

As I said earlier in this thread, try this number:

09 9366690

You will need a Thai speaker to talk to them, and they will expalin where they are based.

I have a massive house and outbuildings and this guy installed absolutely loads of Georgian style windows and doors, and also fly screens. They're very good, and I've had no problems with them. I also think his prices are reasonable.

On Saturday I went in search of shop mentioned out by Ambassodor, never did find it, but noticed shop at the turn off to Phoenix with windows\doors, in we went.

Good quality for Alu etc, price cheap, (too cheap I thought?)

So this morning, (Monday) they arrived to measure up, as promised, told them ok.

4pm same day doors were in place (made to fit)! splendid result,

Price only 4k Baht more than A*C wonted for fitting alone.

Can highly recomend this company. :o

Info for anyone wanting p.v.c windows or doors

I am the marketing manager for a p.v.c company in Thailand called Duro Products. We are a board of investment company (100% european owned).

Two systems are availiable , asian , and full european spec in various colours, white , green , brown , silver and a "teak wood" effect. Both of which we import from Germany from a profile company called Thyssen Polymer and manufacture here in Thailand.

I,m based in Phuket, however we have offices that cover virtually all of Thailand.

If you require any further info e-mail me at [email protected]

mobile 070 61 7631

office 076 344 051

Or visit our website www.duro-products.com

If you do call let me know you seen this post and i'll make sure you get a decent quote.

Could make a nice change to deal with an english guy who knows whats hes on about?

On Saturday I went in search of shop mentioned out by Ambassodor, never did find it, but noticed shop at the turn off to Phoenix with windows\doors, in we went.

So this morning, (Monday) they arrived to measure up, as promised, told them ok.

Can highly recomend this company. :o

Did you get a contact number for these people CGW?

regards

• 4 weeks later...

I have looked into the PVC window suppliers and find the following. Note that quality and price varies widely, sometimes with no relationship between the two. Some supply very similar products demanding different prices.

PVC extrusions seem either to be supplied by Thyssen, USA, Phillipino, Chinese, or Chinese clones of Thyssen.

All will supply double glazing, and low E glass.

Prices vary by up to 50%, and in my case ARC was the most expensive, and Pik Ass the least expensive, using low E double glass, and multi lock catches.

HEVTA Co. Ltd. 02 450 3469

ARC [email protected]

Duro Products as noted above

Windsor here in Chiangmai

Wintek

And my personal favourite with the best name of all Pik Ass International at 01 0229 872

Before you place any order, be very sure you know what you want and that

the supplier also understands what you want.

To me the windows should fit snuggly and close tight, to keep noise and dust

out and cool air from the airconditioner in.

The ones fitted in my house are an absolute disaster.

In some place I can see light through the gaps.

After the event I did some research and realised that I needed the windows to run in a U shaped track, with the sides of the U at least 3cm high. They are available in Thailand as I have seen them at the Samitvej Hospital in Sri Racha.

Please let us know where and what you find.

Edited by astral

• 3 months later...

Can highly recomend this company. :D

regards

I went along on the offchance to try and find this place yesterday, but was told they have now moved to somewhere near the Ambassador.

Does anyone have the previous contact number?

Thanks. :o

• 9 months later...

The topic is ressurrected as I am about to start building and am seeking a window/door supplier..

I don't know whether I will opt for PVC or aluminium as the budget will decide that.

I'd hope some of you who kindly posted above might update any contact details for suppliers you have used and who have satisfied you.

Grateful for any assistance especially re Ban Amphur (my building site) supplier mentioned above but never found!.

Well there is a new company called europvc with a advert in pattaya mail. There info is [email protected] or www.europvcwindows.com. tel 038 378 302. I dont know if they are any better than A.R.C windows but you can check them out. I used A.R.C windows & doors in pattaya for my windows a long time ago and they are still good but a little expensive.

Can highly recomend this company. :D

regards

I went along on the offchance to try and find this place yesterday, but was told they have now moved to somewhere near the Ambassador.

Does anyone have the previous contact number?

Thanks. :o

Go to the Cementthai shop down there in Ban Amphur on the non-sea side of the Suk- Home Mart? They have "Windsor" UPVC windows in their range. Ask to see the Windsor rep and they will direct you round the back to the Windsor fab shop. Multiple options available in types of frames / glass / films etc.

I think the Thai agent for Windsor is called VB Quality or something like that.

I put some doors in at a price of about 18k THB (4 door set, two sliding- two fixed, double laminate glass with dark film, approx 3200mm W x 2100mm H)

At the time I did the economics vs aluminium and the cost increase for UPVC was minor

cheers

Iv just used Europvc to do all my windows in my new house.Its run by a guy called Aaron and Darren.They have done a very good job,were helpful all the way from start to completion.It was nice not to have to complain about the quailty of work as they were on site alot and made sure their workers did a proper job,and not cut corners like so many compaines here in Thailand.

There is a UPVC window Factory in Ban Ampur It is at the back of the HomeMart shop on the South bound carriageway just past the Ambassador.

I just did my new 550 sq mtr house, all doors and windows. Comparitive quotes:

UPVC baht 348,642 from above source

Black ano alu 166,000 source 1

Black ano alu 153,000 source 2

Black ano alu 128,000 source 3

Needless to say I used source 3.

The workmanship is very good, the job took only a few days despite some very odd shaped windows and them having to build their frames around steel supports.

I have heavy weight 6mm dark glass and some very large panels indeed.

The lady boss speaks perfect English. She supplies to a lot of the major condo's under construction. Talking to other ppl in the trade is seems her prices are consistantly up to 30% cheaper than the next nearest other quote.

I just had them make up fly screens for me on everything for another 17k

If you happen to need the number pm me.

There is a UPVC window Factory in Ban Ampur It is at the back of the HomeMart shop on the South bound carriageway just past the Ambassador.

I just did my new 550 sq mtr house, all doors and windows. Comparitive quotes:

UPVC baht 348,642 from above source

Black ano alu 166,000 source 1

Black ano alu 153,000 source 2

Black ano alu 128,000 source 3

Needless to say I used source 3.

The workmanship is very good, the job took only a few days despite some very odd shaped windows and them having to build their frames around steel supports.

I have heavy weight 6mm dark glass and some very large panels indeed.

The lady boss speaks perfect English. She supplies to a lot of the major condo's under construction. Talking to other ppl in the trade is seems her prices are consistantly up to 30% cheaper than the next nearest other quote.

I just had them make up fly screens for me on everything for another 17k

If you happen to need the number pm me.

Roly - If you want to reply to another post - click "REPLY" in bottom right of that post.

A panel will come up at the bottom of the thread showing the quoted post.

Below the last

you can type your response. then click on either "Preview" or "Add Reply".

Then your contribution will be seen by all, slagged off by many and appreciated by your mum.

• 1 month later...
The topic is ressurrected as I am about to start building and am seeking a window/door supplier..

I don't know whether I will opt for PVC or aluminium as the budget will decide that.

I'd hope some of you who kindly posted above might update any contact details for suppliers you have used and who have satisfied you.

Grateful for any assistance especially re Ban Amphur (my building site) supplier mentioned above but never found!.

A company did a job for me recently, just a few PVC windows and a patio door. They were pretty quick and professional and did a good job. The price was better than the other company that quoted. I got their number from a friend who is building a condominium. The company I used was Project Supplies Direct