Thai Men Assault Drunk Scottish Teacher In Nakhon

Lite Beer

Just pointed out that in Thai society it is not normal for women to get that drunk, whether that is for safety reasons I wouldn't know !!

Come on up to Esaan and broaden your knowledge base my friend.

Down south too.

And in the middle,and everywhere else in Thailand.Unbelievably naive comment.

So now every woman in Thailand gets drunk...

Ha ha, and you call me naive :)

I guess you must have been in every part of Thailand then...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pointed out that in Thai society it is not normal for women to get that drunk, whether that is for safety reasons I wouldn't know !!

Yup, it depends on the society you hang out in smile.png

What society I or anyone else hang out in has absolutely nothing to do with the drinking habits of the residents of Thailand smile.png

No that is true but it does have something to do with which residents you see drinking...

Guess my wife is from an area where it is not considered normal !

Maybe I should have said in 'some parts' of Thai society smile.png

Anyway, looks like a lot of the facts have been lost in this story so we will never really know..

Sorry for the girl anyway...

Which residents I or anyone else see drinking has absolutely nothing to do with the drinking habits of the residents of Thailand.
  • Like 1

Down south too.

And in the middle,and everywhere else in Thailand.Unbelievably naive comment.

So now every woman in Thailand gets drunk...

Ha ha, and you call me naive smile.png

I guess you must have been in every part of Thailand then...

Please show me where i said every woman in Thailand gets drunk.You said `in Thai society it is not normal for women to get that drunk`.That is an unbelievably naive comment.
  • Like 2

Just to point out the obvious mistake, at age 20 you can't be an English teacher in Scotland.

I'd assume that if she was only 20, she would probably be an EFL teacher (hence English teacher).

She is a tourist in Thailand who works as a teacher in Scotland, according to the story.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Drunk, sober or anywhere in between. Fact is she was raped and physically assaulted by a group of 4 men (if proved).

Had she been sober I doubt the outcome would have been better 4 against 1. I hope the law does its job and puts these gutless bastards away.

• Like 2

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

All true.

But the unsaid truth is that they are safer here in Thailand than where they come from in many cases. Here it is front page news where they come from it is relegated to the back pages it is so common.

I supose we should be glad it is so uncommon here it gives a chance to take cheap swings at Thailand.

Public drunkenness is unbecoming one who may wish to be a role model to students in a school.

Yes that's so bad. Especially when the country's politicians are overflowing with role models.

Your compassion for a rape victim is outstanding. I wonder how she will overcome the trauma and stigma of being a rape victim.

Perhaps you are a wowser, never having made the mistake of being drunk at age 20?

Edited by Fozfromoz
  • Like 1

There's no where on this earth is save for tourists and no one is able to protect tourist safety if one not taking the usual basic sense of own safety. Yes, the girl dun deserve this happening to her and hope this lesson learn for her and all tourists..........be safe, be careful and have fun NOT DRUNK. drunk.gif

• Like 1

A lot of off-topic, nasty, insensitive and inflammatory posts have been removed. When you know that a post contravenes the forum rules, please don't quote it, since the replies have been deleted as well.

Please post in a civil manner.

Why is everything just a lie when you read these reports? she was sooo drunk that she couldnt get up but somehow then know that 2 of the rapists cum inside of her.. How do they know this is the sperm 2 different colours.. more bullshit

DNA can identify different sperm, so I wouldn't call her story bullshit just yet.

The PATTAYADAILYNEWS obviously couldn't resist the temptation to publish the victim's name in full while keeping the culprits anonymous.

It's not just the English papers. The Thai media will usually post up full on details and photos if the person is not a minor.

For example, in this case, the proper spelling of the victim's name is not the misspelling of the OP.

The victim was identified as Ms. Amanda Napolee, age 20,

It's actually Amanda Napoli. This is learned because the Thai paper Daily News published her photo ID (with name, of course) that is her student ID with the University of the Highlands.

In regards to her assailants, they've not been apprehended nor been identified, so that's why their info is not published. Rest assured they will once they are arrested or identified.

Edited by Buchholz

Yup, it depends on the society you hang out in :)

You need to open you eyes a Little bit more and see what type of society exists here, it's nothing about who you hang out with. Believe me, there are plenty of hiso Thai women who go on big drinking and drug binges as well.

There's a world out side the saffron tinted glasses, and across the Tamar.

I didn't say women in any class of society didn't get drunk, I said it wasn't 'normal'...

My eyes are wide open buddy, I don't wear glasses and haven't lived west of the Tamar in the last 17 years.

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

Apparently it is the NOk Airline calendar that does more harm than trivial little incidents like rapes, bashings, roberies and murders against farangs.

I hope they catch this scum, but sadly I think when she flies out the matter will be put to bed.

Yet another farang raped, if the scum are caught they will be bailed awaiting trial for a year then appeal which will take about 2 years, in the mean time its seems open season on farangs and in particular females. These people know they more or less have impunity for doing such crimes.
  • Like 1

My wife just asked me 'is it normal for Farang girls to get that drunk'...

Enough said !

Yes some time just like Thai girls drink themselfs unconscious and strip naked in bars so drunk. One recently got so drunk was raped on the beach by Thai guys then a farang raped her. So please lets not have farang girl drunk raped as if Thai women don't do the same. Edited by marstons

Enough said !

Yes some time just like Thai girls drink themselfs unconscious and strip naked in bars so drunk. One recently got so drunk was raped on the beach by Thai guys then a farang raped her. So please lets not have farang girl drunk raped as if Thai women don't do the same.

We all get pissed at times but taking advantage of an unwilling lady is the pits. Don't care what your nationality is. Scum is scum, unfortunately scum is a job to remove from any tub but some know how. smile.png

Really nice to see, how news like this brinhgs out the best in society and TV. All the know-it-alls and the holier-than-thou's.

If I understood correctly the YOUNG WOMAN WAS RAPED!

Show some <deleted> compassion!

It was 4 guys, -so as someone else pointed out- the outcome would not have been much different, if she would have been a stone cold sober nun!

And the guys were driving around in a car, so even the location doesn't really matter!

No...she didn't ask for it and she didn't have it coming!

Think ''our'' point should be that a FARANG lady was .............. Any Thai guy can fool with many Thai birds for a few baht. This crime was a "I have .........a farang bird". sad.png
  • Like 1

never drink "heavily" in Thailand and always go back to your hotel before 1am.

I "nearly" never drink more than a bit alcohol and that only sometimes.

I am 50+, bald - 80 %, heavy overweight 130 kg, wearing glasses, and a man. Handsome times and Glory Days long gone!

(Chances to be rape victim, very slim!)

I must also return to the hotel before 1 AM? rolleyes.gif

Enough said !

.......and your answere was?

His answer should have been yes but.....................contrary to Thai girls they normally stop before they completely pass out.

• Like 1

never drink "heavily" in Thailand and always go back to your hotel before 1am.

I "nearly" never drink more than a bit alcohol and that only sometimes.

I am 50+, bald - 80 %, heavy overweight 130 kg, wearing glasses, and a man. Handsome times and Glory Days long gone!

(Chances to be rape victim, very slim!)

I must also return to the hotel before 1 AM? rolleyes.gif

In your case it would probably be an opportunity to get raped, but I'm afraid it not gonna happen.

Really nice to see, how news like this brinhgs out the best in society and TV. All the know-it-alls and the holier-than-thou's.

It was 4 guys, -so as someone else pointed out- the outcome would not have been much different, if she would have been a stone cold sober nun!

And the guys were driving around in a car, so even the location doesn't really matter!

Think ''our'' point should be that a FARANG lady was .............. Any Thai guy can fool with many Thai birds for a few baht. This crime was a "I have .........a farang bird". sad.png

Honestly...if it would have been a "thai bird"...I hope you are not suggesting, that would have been better?!

I'd rather stick with the more global "woman"- term, if you don't mind?!

Honestly...if it would have been a "thai bird"...I hope you are not suggesting, that would have been better?!

I'd rather stick with the more global "woman"- term, if you don't mind?!

You miss my point, these scrotes can pay a few baht for a shag anywhere in LOS, plain and simple. Their prey was a farang ''trophy'' .
  • Like 2

Why is everything just a lie when you read these reports? she was sooo drunk that she couldnt get up but somehow then know that 2 of the rapists cum inside of her.. How do they know this is the sperm 2 different colours.. more bullshit

your question speaks volumes about you.

• Like 2

After 13 years here, I always had this sense that tourists were more or less off limits to criminals to commit crimes upon, as it would impact tourism and hurt the country overall. So there was an understanding between the police and the bad people. After reading reports like this one on an ongoing basis here, apparently that implied agreement is no longer in force....

Sorry 'Eyes wide open' but perhaps you should change your user name to 'Rose tinted glasses'