Thai Men Assault Drunk Scottish Teacher In Nakhon

Lite Beer

I have no problem, with your joke,

as I see a lot of guys my style, everywhere in Thailand, from Koh Lanta - Chiang Rai - Knachanaburi - Mukdahan.

Special a lot in Soi Bangla, Pattaya Beach Road-Walking Street, Bangkoks lower Sukhumvit and in every Lotus, Big C in Isaan!

But, I have to say, there are a lot of handsome youngsters around in the Red Light Districts in TH,

who seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country.

These make the level of a "Sexy man" in TH nowadays, unusual high, compared to 1990. rolleyes.gif

saai.gif

And you know this by interviewing them all do you?

.Maybe red-light districts are places guys want to visit when they are young...Not when they are old and 'wise'.

Know what?

What I see, I know! There are many overweight, bald, 50+ Falangs and Expats around in TH.

That it is more easy and fast, to have Sex in TH-Red light districts for a handsome young Falang, than to do it in Western home country?

No interview necessary. Fact.

That the proportion of younger men, coming to TH for Sex is now more high than 1990.

Fact. I see it!

"Maybe red-light districts are places guys want to visit when they are young.."

No, nothing to do with age! but with Passion!

"Maybe red-light districts are places guys want not to visit, when they are old and 'wise"

Only, if even -Kamagra- not works!tongue.png

Because,

"Even if there is already snow on the roof, in the cottage, the fire still burns!"

You are missing my point. It winds me up hearing people say things like "why doesn't get a girlfriend in his own country".

Yes I agree that younger guys are frequenting red-light areas, but for you to assume that they visit Thailand because as YOU said "seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country." is absurd.

I've worked all across Asia and lived in a number of countries where their has always been a stereotype of young guys in that country, made of course by the over 50's who have lived there longer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it people like YOU who cannot get a farang lady in your won country? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and all that.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He notified the Protection and Subduing police and detective police to investigate further and arrest the four troublemakers.

so thats how you call rapists in this country : troublemakers...

Just a few rascals or scallywags having a night on the town.

Really nice to see, how news like this brinhgs out the best in society and TV. All the know-it-alls and the holier-than-thou's.

If I understood correctly the YOUNG WOMAN WAS RAPED!

Show some <deleted> compassion!

It was 4 guys, -so as someone else pointed out- the outcome would not have been much different, if she would have been a stone cold sober nun!

And the guys were driving around in a car, so even the location doesn't really matter!

No...she didn't ask for it and she didn't have it coming!

Here a TRUE and fitting story to that matter, from raped by four man, "Cheryl Araujo" Raped at 21, young, dead with 25 !

Story and Plot, which was made to a Hollywood movie with -Jodi Foster- which earned her an Hollywood "OSCAR".

http://en.wikipedia....i/Cheryl_Araujo

"Cheryl Ann Araujo (1961–1986) was an Americanrape survivor whose case became national news, and was the basis of the 1988 film The Accused. Araujo was gang-raped in 1983 at age 21 by four men on a pool table in a tavern while other patrons watched but did not intervene. During the prosecution, the defendants' attorneys cross-examined Araujo to such an extent that the case became widely seen as a template for "blaming the victim" in rape cases. The case also raised tensions between the Portuguese-American community and other ethnic groups in New Bedford, as the defendants were Portuguese immigrants. Her case was widely known as the "Big Dan's rape" after the name of the bar in which the attack occurred.

http://en.wikipedia....used_(1988_film)

I was in the New Bedford area at the time and it was horrifying for most everyone.

Just deplorable and the perpetrators were publicly reviled in the streets.

The attorney who tried to ' blame her' was chased down the street by screaming women

the day after he tried this. it didn't make the newspaper, but the lawyer had to stop going out.

Big Dans was shuttered and the sign ripped down.

And the general population was sad for the shame it brought the city.

But rightly blamed the people involved and not the local culture.

But in Thailand that isn't exactly possible in the same way.

Certain segments of the Portuguese population were angry with her,

but what wiki says, 'she was ostracized' in New Bedford, is wrong.

Some few older church going types believed the 'blame her' bit,

but in general, she just couldn't deal with the looks everywhere she went.

She had been publicly identified, and regardless of sympathies she was a

notorious face, and left, not wanting to always be seen as 'the gang rape victim lady'.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

There is no excuse for what those animals did but I have noticed a common feature on most stories concerning violence against foreigners. Almost invariably they involve excessive drinking late at night. These are things are generally not safe in any country and it is amazing how people think it will be okay here.

Sick, sick, sick.

Lets hope the BIB nails these scum to the barn door.

Seeing as it is an international incident, this is more likely to happen.

Granted some tourist marketers would prefer gang rape were hushed up,

but that cat is out of the bag and running free.

A 20 year old English teacher???? What qualifications could she have at that age? Anyway, I hope this is not brushed under the carpet, I expect to hear more about this, and what happens to the filthy scum when/if they are caught.

He notified the Protection and Subduing police and detective police to investigate further and arrest the four troublemakers.

so thats how you call rapists in this country : troublemakers...

Where I live they would be called "persons of interest" at this stage.

If they were charged with rape then would be the accused who are alleged to have committed rape.

If they get convicted of rape they would be persons convicted of rape.

Edited by harrycallahan
  • Like 1

My wife just asked me 'is it normal for Farang girls to get that drunk'...

Enough said !

Scottish ones definitely. I was married to one for 12 years, found it hard to find a Scottish girl who didn't drink or smoke. That's why I'm out here and happily married to a Thai girl who does neither.

Yes Sing_Sling, that caught my eye too!

A teacher at aged 20? Impossible!!

More incorrect reporting and, therefore, that makes the rest of the of the report doubful in many areas, even if it is truth in all areas.

-mel.

Not impossible at all. There are people teaching English at that age, especially in rural areas. In many places they are happy to just have a warm body show up on time. They may even instruct the teacher to lie about their age to parents as no one can tell how old farang are anyway.

Definitely would not be granted a work permit, but again TIT.

Just to point out the obvious mistake, at age 20 you can't be an English teacher in Scotland.

No you can't, I'm not twenty, but I'm Scottish and would never qualify to be a teacher in Scotland, but I was highly successful as a teacher in Thailand.

I have seen women of many different nationalities, so drunk they had no idea where they were,

or why, and how much clothes they had left on. One took off her shirt to wipe her own puke off

her pants and then forgot about the shirt.

Thai girls get blotto too, no question, the real issue is not a woman getting insensible with drink,

but that this should be seen by any men as license to rape or as some form of consent to sex is

what is truly the sickness in the societies involved.

Drinking happens, and sometimes it goes out of control,

but rape is an abomination and a symptom of stupidity,

bad rearing, and misogyny run amok and there should be ZERO tolerance.

No second chances no excusing them for any reason.

Some people can handle drink normally most of the time,

but emotional issues can make them go towards a physiological tipping point with

the alcohol in their system, and after that they just lose it. I suspect the 2 or more

rejections by local schools for her teaching because of her thick accent might

have caused such an emotional low that she crossed her alcohol level tipping point.

But that is NO excuse for a gang rape. Full stop, angry exclamation point !

There IS NO EXCUSE, this is one of those proper metaphorical 'hang'm high' moments.

These scumbags need serious jail time.

Yes, there is no excuse for a gang rape, but both the man and the woman made it more likely to happen by being drunk. Being drunk always opens you to dangers, e.g. theft, accidental injury, loss of belongings, and any adult should know that, therefore you bear some responsibility for what happens to you when drunk.

never drink "heavily" in Thailand and always go back to your hotel before 1am.

I "nearly" never drink more than a bit alcohol and that only sometimes.

I am 50+, bald - 80 %, heavy overweight 130 kg, wearing glasses, and a man. Handsome times and Glory Days long gone!

(Chances to be rape victim, very slim!)

I must also return to the hotel before 1 AM? rolleyes.gif

By that description you should never leave the hotel..thumbsup.gif

Just kidding my friend

I have no problem, with your joke,

as I see a lot of guys my style, everywhere in Thailand, from Koh Lanta - Chiang Rai - Knachanaburi - Mukdahan.

Special a lot in Soi Bangla, Pattaya Beach Road-Walking Street, Bangkoks lower Sukhumvit and in every Lotus, Big C in Isaan!

But, I have to say, there are a lot of handsome youngsters around in the Red Light Districts in TH,

who seem to be to lazy to get a Falang lady into Sexual activities in there home country.

These make the level of a "Sexy man" in TH nowadays, unusual high, compared to 1990. rolleyes.gif

There is nothing wrong with being old and bald, it's the tatooed, simmet wearing, facial haired, or dare I say it, being vastly overweight, who should stay in their hotels.

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

The "government" is a bunch of bozo's, who happen to be driving this bus. If they gave a thin "f" about anything other than themselves, power and money this might not be a developing nation.

As for the article in the paper, maybe not printing the victims name is a start. Whether she was drunk or not is immaterial. Rape is a violent crime, and about control, which is something bad Thai people lack in general terms.

As for the paper, the author that wrote the article, and the editor who approved it.....this is the part where I don't say what I am thinking....

I am not an advocate of violence except in a few circumstances. This is one. If I were the boyfriend I'd get some friends and go vigilante style....

As long as the friends are not Thai. Thais are the last people I would want fighting with me in a battle. Cowardice seems to be in their genes.

I am the only one that questions if her side of the story might be slightly exaggerated or not entirely 100% truthful due to her condition and witness testimony at the bar/restaurant?

Not to say she wasn't raped, but how do we know that she wasn't making suggestions or advances to the men at the bar/restaurant before walking home - not to say this is an excuse for the perps to rape.

Or how come there is no mention of witnesses in or nearby the building who heard the struggle/rape?

Ben Franklin was known to say, "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." But maybe I should question the validity of this quote too.

I am the only one that questions if her side of the story...

You most probably are.

No he is not...

There was a similar case in Phuket, with an Australian girl involved. Again, 'left alone' by her BF..

Turns out she made the whole thing up !!

Just because it's in print, doesn't make it a fact.

I am the only one that questions if her side of the story...

You most probably are.

No he is not...

There was a similar case in Phuket, with an Australian girl involved. Again, 'left alone' by her BF..

Turns out she made the whole thing up !!

Just because it's in print, doesn't make it a fact.

coffee1.gif

After 13 years here, I always had this sense that tourists were more or less off limits to criminals to commit crimes upon, as it would impact tourism and hurt the country overall. So there was an understanding between the police and the bad people. After reading reports like this one on an ongoing basis here, apparently that implied agreement is no longer in force....

What do you expect when the police does xxxx all these days. Often they cannot even be bothered to go to a crime scene. Unless you promise to pay them! Laziness at new levels.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

After 13 years here, I always had this sense that tourists were more or less off limits to criminals to commit crimes upon, as it would impact tourism and hurt the country overall. So there was an understanding between the police and the bad people. After reading reports like this one on an ongoing basis here, apparently that implied agreement is no longer in force....

What do you expect when the police does xxxx all these days. Often they cannot even be bothered to go to a crime scene. Unless you promise to pay them! Laziness at new levels.

Think it lies in the hands of the high paid superiors. sad.png

Someone should tell the government. This is what is really bad for Thailand's image. This kind of thing is what foreigners care more about. A lack of safety.

All true.

But the unsaid truth is that they are safer here in Thailand than where they come from in many cases. Here it is front page news where they come from it is relegated to the back pages it is so common.

I supose we should be glad it is so uncommon here it gives a chance to take cheap swings at Thailand.

I cannot dazzle you with statistics but having been a regular reader of events reported in TV and some other Thai papers over the last few years I'd say there has been hundreds of rapes of foreign women throughout Thailand. Furthermore many of the raped girls have been murdered afterwards.

My wife just asked me 'is it normal for Farang girls to get that drunk'...

Enough said !

How drunk she was is not known( after all she has just had a traumatic ordeal and is talking to to somebody who is not of her native tongue, also Scottich is not the easiest accent to understand)

I dont see what difference it makes to how drunk she was! Would she of not been raped if she was only slightly drunk? If her boyfriend was with her there could of been two chalk marks.