4Th Ring Road....rumor Or Real?

jaideeguy

The Thai wife just told me that she heard that there is a 4th ring road in the planning stages and responsible for the land price increase in the ricefields. According to the rumor from a reliable source a 4th ring road is planned to go from San Kampheng to just south of Doi Saket and then on to Mae Jo and Mae Rim.

I think it's a great idea and would really help with the traffic flow and is much needed and logical.....but we all know that they are not logical thinkers when it comes to planning, so maybe just a rumor??

Anyone else heard anything about this??

I recall rumours several years ago, of a new road linking Doi Saket & San-Sai, then on to meet the existing Mae-Jo-to-Mae-Rim road, out near the 'San-Sai Hospital', about 3 km north of Mae-Jo. That would mean it ran along the foot of the range of hills.

But haven't seen any further sign of it, since then.

Surely there are other higher priorities, a bypass for Mae-Rim, or a public-road across the airbase ?

There has been talk about this recently in the villages around the the Mae Jo areas near the canal road that goes behind the Uni to 1001 in San Sai

It could link through Doi Saket following the canal towards Ban Thi & then south to Lamphun. I've not heard anything about this, just doing a recce on google maps.

Surely there are other higher priorities, a bypass for Mae-Rim, or a public-road across the airbase ?

Oh Ricardo, stop thinking sensibly smile.png

Yes, but ... I can't help it ! rolleyes.gif

I did wonder whether this might be linked to certain people & their political-friends, pushing up the price of land in areas where they own it, then I thought not even I am that cynical, guess I was wrong again. coffee1.gif

"The Thai wife just told me that she heard that there is a 4th ring road in the planning stages and responsible for the land price increase in the ricefields. According to the rumor from a reliable source a 4th ring road is planned to go from San Kampheng to just south of Doi Saket and then on to Mae Jo and Mae Rim."

I was told something along these lines but the above seems to have missed out the New Airport at San Kampheng which Khun T was said to be planning.

My comments from CM rumor control and there fore unconfirmed.

john

My wife has been talking about this for a while. there is a bridge to nowhere on the outskirts of our village that would line up nicely with the super highway south of thaiwatsaduk, the home improvement store. We bought a plot of land about 200 metres away from the bridge, if it doesn't pan out we may build on it eventually.

And the Hangdong Relief road that has been rumoured for years.

The 'Relief Road' is actually the dual carriageway extension of Canal Road and it is being constructed at it's Southern most end at the moment, but I would think it will be some time before the project is completed as progress seems incredibly slow.

The 'Relief Road' is actually the dual carriageway extension of Canal Road and it is being constructed at it's Southern most end at the moment, but I would think it will be some time before the project is completed as progress seems incredibly slow.

Nope not that one, the one that went around Wang Tan (area) that raised its head about 6 (?) years ago.

Nope not that one, the one that went around Wang Tan (area) that raised its head about 6 (?) years ago.

Ah; bit before my time then !

Surely there are other higher priorities, a bypass for Mae-Rim, or ?

Oh Ricardo, stop thinking sensibly smile.png

There is a by-pass road for Mae Rim,well,sort of....you can find it on the google maps...

...as of making a public been able to drive across the airbase....hmmm,that will just make this shortcut useless...just keep it as it is,I do have a pass wink.png

I've heard this too. We bought a house the other day on the road from Bo Sang to Doi Saket - nearer to DS than BS - and a friend of the wife's

who works in the Ton Pao 'tessabaan' (local authority) near Bo Sang says there will be a ring-road built somewhere around there within the next couple of years.

There are still some good deals around there. Just to give anyone interested an idea, we paid 1.8 mill for about 200 talang-wa, 3 buildings (two of which are basically large sheds) including a main house with 3/4 bedrooms. Needs about 0.5 mill of work done on it though. It's not new.

Edited by 15Peter20