Any Good Steakhouses In Jomtien?

schnazzy

BESIDES NEWS STEAKS AND GRILL.

I hear Manhattans is upscale. I'd like midlevel but good steaks. I went to News Steaks and Grill but I walked out (see below if you care). Anyway, just looking for a place with good steaks (I assume imported will be needed). I am used to japanese steakhouses and American (texas) steakhouses and just trying to get the best I can here without paying 1000b for the steak.

*so I went to News Steaks and Grill as it was advertised on tv alot. I walked in and I wanted to either sit by the wall in back (4top) or by the window (4top) and not at either of the 2 (2top) tables (one right by the door and the other by the kitchen) There were maybe 4 or 5 tables with people and this seemed to be about a 20% occupancy. It was 9pm on a Sunday (so I figured, this should not be an issue since they weren't that busy, and it was getting later in the dinner rush). I pointed to the table and the girl asked a thai guy (in thai, "single, can?"), he spoke to me in english and said "cannot, have reservation". So thanked them in thai and I walked out. The steaks looked tastey but alas I went somewhere else. Look, if this was a thai place fine, but these are western prices and western food. In a western place, they would have sat me at a slightly better table than the seemingly add-on tables in the poor locations. Look if I am going to spend over 1000b for a meal for myself, (steak, wine, desert, tip) I hope to be treated a bit better than native place. Can't please everyone, I guess. So, I don't really need to go back there and am looking for some other place.