Anyproperty Valuation

For our Thai property experts, please tell me what is wrong with this house and how much it will cost to rectify the problem?

The picture is taken from inside the living room looking outside onto the street.

post-39258-0-62374700-1361197937_thumb.j

I'll be brave enough to publically reply.

The entry point onto the land aligns with the entry point into the dwelling.

Thais, somehow don't like this.

Am I warm?

BTW, I'm not a 'Thai property experts' ... but I'm adapting ... rolleyes.gif

David, thats close enough for me.

The answer is you cant have a column in front of your main enterance door.

Cost to rectify, a 200 baht mirror ball from your local temple.

I asked DJ if he had ever been to Issan, correct me if I am wrong but dont you live up that way?

If so you will have heard of these superstitions, you can have a front door and back door in line with each other, reason, money blows out the house.

Lets not forget the other "classic", your bed must face a certain direction.

No wonder I struggle at times to adapt.

Edited by rgs2001uk
  • Like 1

I dont doubt your figures, however this aint Kansas.

Can someone please tell me, why land on one side of a wall is worth 3 4 or 5 times the land on the other side of the wall.

Other side of which wall? Do you mean plots next to each other? Maybe one has planning permission and one doesn't. When you say "worth", what do you mean? Asking price or selling price? If asking price, then one is probably asking too much.

No I am talking about land outside the perimeter wall of a moo baan development.

I can go to lets say Min Buri and buy land for 10k per tw, why is the same land inside a moo baan being quoted as being worth 40 or 50k?

20 Mil a Rai in a Moo Baan in Min Buri...laugh.pnglaugh.png

PP, all I do is quote figures I have heard about or read.

I also struggle to make sense of it all.

BTW, Min Buri is one of the cheaper areas, thats why now they are building up in places such as Lam Luk ka, the land is cheaper.

For our Thai property experts, please tell me what is wrong with this house and how much it will cost to rectify the problem?

The picture is taken from inside the living room looking outside onto the street.

I give up. What's wrong with it?

Dave, no offence matey, but as I said, I await our farang Thai property experts to tell me.

FYI, I have already PMd a poster with the answer, will post the answer tomorrow.

Cheers.

PS, have you ever spent any time in Issan?

Only spent a few days in Isaan. I'm based in BKK. I'm a city person. Always lived in big cities, and could never live in the country.

Edited by davejones

Id call in Ghost-busters,seems there is a shadow looming in the right hand corner. Id say someone died there

Lets not forget the other "classic", your bed must face a certain direction.

No wonder I struggle at times to adapt.

Actually, I heard that it's a slight variation on that.

It's that your bed can't face a certain direction.

Something like it can't face in a Westerly direction because that is the way you lie when you die.

My lady is not here, so I can't confirm that.

Funny you mention columns ... I think that there is also a rule that you can't have 4 posts or columns in your dwelling (must be six) because four is usually a funeral dwelling.

Scratchy, from memory. Just spent 3 months on the gf's parents Farm. It is the Bangkok area ... but her parents are old school ... so lot's of traditions 'passed' down.

And yes, they do have a mirror ball by the rear entry to the Farm house ... blink.png

I give up. What's wrong with it?

Dave, no offence matey, but as I said, I await our farang Thai property experts to tell me.

FYI, I have already PMd a poster with the answer, will post the answer tomorrow.

Cheers.

PS, have you ever spent any time in Issan?

Only spent a few days in Isaan. I'm based in BKK. I'm a city person. Always lived in big cities, and could never live in the country.

Same same.

Reason I mentioned Issan, I travel there regularly to visit friends, you want to see a market going spastic, take a look at the land prices and whats being paid, its crazy, defies logic and is beyond me.