Transport From Phuket Airport To Jula Place Hotel In Chalong

rosalyn

is the minibus available around the airport area? any specific minibus that goes to chalong area?is that same as public bus? sorry, it will be the first time i go phuket. thanks!

Sure, just go to the airport minibus desk as you exit arrivals. Don't worry, these touts will find you. When I travel alone I always used the minibus service. For sure it's not as quick as a taxi, but if you want to save money then it's a great deal.

• Like 1

is the minibus available around the airport area? any specific minibus that goes to chalong area?is that same as public bus? sorry, it will be the first time i go phuket. thanks!

Sure, just go to the airport minibus desk as you exit arrivals. Don't worry, these touts will find you. When I travel alone I always used the minibus service. For sure it's not as quick as a taxi, but if you want to save money then it's a great deal.

is there any certain bus stop there?

I usually take a "Meter Taxi." When leaving the arrival area take a right turn and walk to the end of the building. There is a stand across a small road there. They don't actually seem to turn on the meter anymore, but it should be about 600 baht to Chalong.

Three times in the last 2 weeks I've used the taxi meter service to chalong, to just past the traffic circle. The first 2 went fine, the price was displayed at the desk, it says 450-500 chalong, 500 both trips. Third Trip i handed over 1000 and he tried to give me only 300 change, I told him its 500 and he said no, chalongs 700. I then started to call the office, but before they even answered he handed over 500 and an evil look. I didn't bother to complain just hung up and no tip for that prick. I should of confirmed the price first, usually they will tell you at the desk before u get in but this time I was busy on the phone and just not paying too much attention. Confirm at the desk before you go and this is the best service to use if you don't want your journey to take forever.

It is ridiculous in my opinion to pay a thousand bath + for a two way taxi drive when the plane ticket (to BKK) is only 790-- thb for a 2 way ticket.

I really don't understand how they (the taxi mob and governers of phuket) can defend these prices, surely their overhead is not as big as for instance Thai Airways is.

It is ridiculous in my opinion to pay a thousand bath + for a two way taxi drive when the plane ticket (to BKK) is only 790-- thb for a 2 way ticket.

I really don't understand how they (the taxi mob and governers of phuket) can defend these prices, surely their overhead is not as big as for instance Thai Airways is.

Yes, taxi prices on Phuket are ridiculously high, but a 2-way ticket to Bangkok for only 790 Baht? Including taxes even the free tickets are more expensive. And an overhead comparison with a plane with hundreds of people makes no sense at all.

Yes, taxi prices on Phuket are ridiculously high, but a 2-way ticket to Bangkok for only 790 Baht? Including taxes even the free tickets are more expensive. And an overhead comparison with a plane with hundreds of people makes no sense at all.

Thai Airway as sween on the television, just ordered a tiched for 890-- =ALL INN

I think as an operation a comparisment between a taxi compagny with loads of cars and an airliner is just spot on. But you never agree with anything I say :-) so tody I don't expect anything different.