Where To Buy Segway Scooter In Thailand?

asiasurfer

Hi!

Does anyone know if it is possible to by Segway Scooters in Thailand? On the Internet I just find countless offers from China. Also, I heard that there are some funny laws in Thailand about using these Scooters in public. But I don't know if this is true...

Thanks for information sharing... wai.gif

There used to be a chap (farang) who constantly rode one near the Woraburi Hotel on Suk. Soi. 4. I got the distinct impression that he was marketing these machines. I may be wrong. He spent most of the day riding around a small area on one.

Either way, he didn't appear to be worried about any restrictions.I

Edited by Beechboy

I know someone who's selling these machines next to all his scooters etc.. It's in Chiang Mai and really just like the average motorbike shop.. Guess he's not selling the Segway's because they did not move an inch since i first saw them there.. Can't remember the price, but maybe it's worth visiting the shop.. Being a local dealer it aint so dodgy..

I heard that there are some funny laws in Thailand about using these Scooters in public.

If there isn't, there sure should be one. Tourists renting them and using them on the already congested streets in CM. They should rent bikes or walk. They are just a nuisance IMO.

Edited by Semper

I heard that there are some funny laws in Thailand about using these Scooters in public.

If there isn't, there sure should be one. Tourists renting them and using them on the already congested streets in CM. They should rent bikes or walk. They are just a nuisance IMO.

And I'm sure the Segway riders would consider the bicycles and pedestrians a nuisance...

Different strokes...