Racing Circuits In Thailand

rcalsop

Has any one experience in visiting the racing circuits in Thailand I know there is one between Bkk and Pattaya but I have never visited it or spoken to any one who has . There must be others around .

My son is now of the age when he will enjoy spectating a good racing day with a walk in the pits etc so any recommendations suggestions would be welcomed

Thank you for the link I have already visited the web site so lets try the question again

Has any one personal experience in visiting the racing circuits in Thailand ?? I know there is one between Bkk and Pattaya but I have never visited it or spoken to any one who has . There must be others around .

My son is now of the age when he will enjoy spectating a good racing day with a walk in the pits etc so any recommendations suggestions would be welcomed

Thank you for the link I have already visited the web site so lets try the question again

Has any one personal experience in visiting the racing circuits in Thailand ?? I know there is one between Bkk and Pattaya but I have never visited it or spoken to any one who has . There must be others around .

There are 2 major tracks, Bira on the Bypass to Rayong, they have regular meetings, Supercars & bikes. Nakon Chaisi, called Thailand national circuit, Mainly motorcycle racing. Its not easy to get to and while I can find my way there giving someone instructions would be difficult. There is also a small track behind Seacon square, bikes and Go Carts.

Supposed to be new track opening within the next few months out past Bira, other than the standard press releases I don't know much else.

Bira is the one you're thinking of. I've actually raced on the circuit- it's the only 'proper' track in Thailand. Check the racing schedule on the website- it's quite easy to pop by and check out what's going on. During lappng/practice days one can walk around the paddock and pits quite freely.

Hi,

I went to the one in Pattaya last year and was disappointed. Cheap to get in, only 50 baht. but found poor organisation of races. Seemed to wait ages between races. OK, I don't speak much Thai so was unable to find out what was going on from trackside commentary, but here again the loudspeaker system is sooooo... loud that I was almost deafened anyway. Viewing from opposite pits seems like best place as you can watch cars etc. approaching last bend before straight, but once past start/finish they are out of sight for 3/4 of lap. I think you can walk around the circuit to get view, not sure about pits though. Food & drink available - Thai food. Take your own and something to sit on - maybe umbrella for sun. You can sit in grandstand - concrete steps but p/a system particularly loud. At least if you get fed up you've not spent a lot of money! Hope this helps?

Similar Experience at Bira. Was there last year at AFOS. Only one Grand Stand at the start/finish which is pretty boring. However, you can walk around the circuit and sit on the grass. The first turn after the long straight is pretty funny, especially for the Toyota VIOS cup....rich kids that cannot drive and much too many cars in the field. Guaranteed action :D

The organization is non-existing, actually I didn't even had the chance to pay admission fee (not that I'm complaining... :o ). No programs either (at least I haven't seen any...). Thanks to the generous approach to track safety you can get fairly close to the track and walk around the pits between races.

Similar Experience at Bira. Was there last year at AFOS. Only one Grand Stand at the start/finish which is pretty boring. However, you can walk around the circuit and sit on the grass. The first turn after the long straight is pretty funny, especially for the Toyota VIOS cup....rich kids that cannot drive and much too many cars in the field. Guaranteed action :D

The organization is non-existing, actually I didn't even had the chance to pay admission fee (not that I'm complaining... :o ). No programs either (at least I haven't seen any...). Thanks to the generous approach to track safety you can get fairly close to the track and walk around the pits between races.

Thanks for the info guys !! it sounds like the old Croft racing circuit years ago in the UK during the time of Renault 5 racing .. bad organisation , but good fun and the ability to stand rediculously close to the racing and a relaxed atmosphere in the pits . Now it has moved on with all rules and regulations enforced , safety over rules excitement and the prices are up by a factor of 20 from the old days ...that is progress .

Bira race days are very much like Club days of old, very little in the way of organisation, no entrance fee's, not much in the way of safety for competitors. The Concrete wall on the entry to the main straight keeps one focused on staying upright as do the tree's on the outside of Maxima (A long and quite fast bend at the rear of the circuit). The circuit has recently been taken over by a consortium of Germans, so maybe things will improve, or get worse. Also there is the new circuit being built and that maybe will lift the game. A link in English for The thai supercar schedule follows.

http://siamsuperbike.com/news.htm

In Thai :http://www.supercarthailand.com/schedule/