Trees

Kan Win

Oh dear.... that must have been some storm ... lucky it did not land on the house ..VF ....w00t.gif

This dead tree has not fallen down yet, good perch for birds~ !!!thumbsup.gif

Thats not his house, it's his garage...tongue.png

• Like 1

See now DAL, after CP's comment in the other thread, these images have better contrast and "pop" not so faded out.... you did listen to me! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Thanks! but i dont see the difference on my crappy notebook..

1 i need a set of glasses(i have been ignoring my loss of eyesight the last years)

2 Need to get to a good screen..

3 I need more knowledge

I suspect it's about the ISO settings i always fiddle with. I'll do so research. Thanks for the critique!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i like the photo but what plant is it . Looks like a very old bougainvillea vine to me but i could be wrong .

Looks more like a Flame or Flamboyant tree to me...Delonix regia.... (if you want to get technical! ) ... they flower in red, orange or yellow... (Orange is most common, at least in the south! )

Pretty sure not Bougainvillea wink.png

i like the photo but what plant is it . Looks like a very old bougainvillea vine to me but i could be wrong .

Looks more like a Flame or Flamboyant tree to me...Delonix regia.... (if you want to get technical! ) ... they flower in red, orange or yellow... (Orange is most common, at least in the south! )

Hi Jimmy

The two photos that Fabianfred posted are Delonix or poinciana as we commonly call them . Great trees they are, particularly the red which is one of my favourite trees for a specimen tree in a garden .

What i was referring to was the tangled vine that Candypants posted , or is it not a vine but an canopy of a tree. Looks like a very old vine to me. . .It is a great photo wither way and especially dramatic in black and white..

• Like 2

Hi Jimmy

The two photos that Fabianfred posted are Delonix or poinciana as we commonly call them . Great trees they are, particularly the red which is one of my favourite trees for a specimen tree in a garden .

What i was referring to was the tangled vine that Candypants posted , or is it not a vine but an canopy of a tree. Looks like a very old vine to me. . .It is a great photo wither way and especially dramatic in black and white..

ah!!! wink.png OK well hard to say on CP's pic could be a tangle branches, of just about anything! w00t.gifbiggrin.png Bougainvilleas can be very mean when one has to cut or prune them, with the spikes on the branches whistling.gifw00t.gif

FF's pic post # 61 is a Flame tree too... thumbsup.gif

Hi Jimmy

it is a tree though, definitly not a vine

Tree spared by the heavy road construction along route 12 Kao Koh area

attachicon.gifIMG_9729.jpg

That is great to see somebody doing that altho the compaction around the base will be detrimental to the health of the tree. Or else it will jump out in front of somebody when they are driving home at night after the karoke. Great photos DL.

• Like 1

There is a giant tree at the Gymkana golf club in Chiang Mai that is a real beauty. Its huge limbs stretch way out to either side.There is also a giant fig tree at the top of Doi Sutthep above the temple. Its above ground root system is about 4 or 5 metres wide and comes together about 5 metres above the ground..

There is a giant tree at the Gymkana golf club in Chiang Mai that is a real beauty. Its huge limbs stretch way out to either side.There is also a giant fig tree at the top of Doi Sutthep above the temple. Its above ground root system is about 4 or 5 metres wide and comes together about 5 metres above the ground..

The fig at the temple could be a ficus religiosa or the Bo Tree which is the same tree Buddha sat under when he attained enlightenment. They are often found in templesand are often very big.

Are you able to take a photo for us Rene?

• Like 2

If you just told me 1 week ago i was in CM on a photo trip.. I cancelled the Doi Sutthep trip. When you're around DO take a picture please..

The fig at the temple could be a ficus religiosa or the Bo Tree which is the same tree Buddha sat under when he attained enlightenment. They are often found in templesand are often very big.

Are you able to take a photo for us Rene?

For the past 8 months I was using a borrowed computer where I could post on topics but not show pictures. Today I have my own new laptop and can now download all the pictures I've been saving on back up flashcards. Hopefully, in the near future I'll be able to contribute to this forum.

• 2 weeks later...