Looking For A Crocodile Farm In Phuket - Chana Charoen Still Open?

wellred

Hey all,

I'd like to find a crocodile farm in Phuket. I've heard there are some crocodiles at the zoo but I want a proper croc farm. My main aim is to have my pic taken holding a baby croc.... where is the best place in Phuket to do this?

Thanks all,

W

Phuket Zoo has babies to hold and dead chickens can be fed to the adults.

Phuket Zoo might as well rebrand it as a crocodile farm, its 90% of their attraction except the tigers and the one armed handler. Its a depressing place really.

Glad I've never been there!

Edited by steelepulse

Phuket Zoo might as well rebrand it as a crocodile farm, its 90% of their attraction except the tigers and the one armed handler. Its a depressing place really.

Yeah. Its a place of suffering and it should be shamed into change but money talks.

Yeah. Its a place of suffering and it should be shamed into change but money talks.

i disagree i really like the Phuket Zoo. They have great shows there. Especially the elephants playing basketball and the monkeys dressed up like humans doing arithmetic. There is massive south American python you can get your photo with too. Im sure the crocodile trainers will let you get a picture with them.

i disagree i really like the Phuket Zoo. They have great shows there. Especially the elephants playing basketball and the monkeys dressed up like humans doing arithmetic. There is massive south American python you can get your photo with too. Im sure the crocodile trainers will let you get a picture with them.

I see what you did there. ^_^

We needn't be too arrogant about Phuket Zoo. Our zoos all over the western world were just the same or worse 50 years ago. In fact even more recently, tigers were kept in appalling cages in Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, Australia. None of the animals had the human contact that those at Phuket Zoo get. It's sad to see elephants chained, but at least they are not on their own or with only a couple of others, which western zoos think is acceptable.

If you want to see a crocodile farm, OP, take a flight to Australia. There's heaps. Including huge adults you could probably have your photo taken with whistling.gif