webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Squat toilets:

1) no contact of the buttocks or legs with any part of the toilet, therefore no chance of infection by bodily contact

2) no splashing, therefore no chance of infection via contact with the water

3) low risk of getting dirty because of no bodily contact and no splashing

4) bodily position is natural and healthy -- the human body is designed for squatting during defecation

Seat toilets:

the opposite of the above on every count

If you want to be healthy, you should be asking for squat toilets, not getting rid of them.

This is the usual Thai pandering to Western fashion and comforts, with ignorant farangs going along with it.

• Like 2

Squat toilets:

1) no contact of the buttocks or legs with any part of the toilet, therefore no chance of infection by bodily contact

4) bodily position is natural and healthy -- the human body is designed for squatting during defecation

Seat toilets:

If you want to be healthy, you should be asking for squat toilets, not getting rid of them.

This is the usual Thai pandering to Western fashion and comforts, with ignorant farangs going along with it.

uh no, with a squat toilet the risk of getting splashed with infected water is higher because the impact of the rebound effect from a higher level, and thus the higher the splash. Risk also of getting extremely dirty if you slip. Also, there are hand grips on the sides of the bathroom stall for each squat toilet, which undoubtedly would be filled with germs and extremely unsanitary from the plethora of people gripping the same hand grips so they don't fall.

• Like 1

"The proposal was raised out of concerns that squat toilets are to blame for a rise in osteoarthritis of the knee among Thais."

I would have thought the opposite. How many westerners can actually squat at all after the age of 25?

Ok, so for hundreds, if not thousands, of years the Thais have used squat toilets but it is only in the past 25 years that they have caused an increase in knee problems? Why would that be the case?

Mind you I don't like the squats and neither do many Thais I know but the point about knees is rather a weak rationalisation

Edited by raybal5

Why do they wait for the problem to eat too bad till they decide to re act

Thailand likes to protect there people yet they full victim to the money culture which leaves them exposed to outside wealthy gangsters which could en up destroying pattaya all together even for the thai free lancer women

I do not have a problem with prosotutes that do his out o their own free will but people that are using the pattaya system to blend in discussing crimes Need I be delt with specially ones that ivlolve kids

Is it just me or does this toilet look all shewed and unlevel.

Has to be an optical illusion. I'm sure they used a laser plumb to insure accuracy.

Are you kidding? That door is not hanging correctly. It's about to fall off at any moment.

Why do they wait for the problem to eat too bad till they decide to re act

Thailand likes to protect there people yet they full victim to the money culture which leaves them exposed to outside wealthy gangsters which could en up destroying pattaya all together even for the thai free lancer women

I do not have a problem with prosotutes that do his out o their own free will but people that are using the pattaya system to blend in discussing crimes Need I be delt with specially ones that ivlolve kids

I think you might be posting on the wrong thread

The proposal was raised out of concerns that squat toilets are to blame for a rise in osteoarthritis of the knee among Thais.

How many hours per day would you have to spend squatting on the toilet to have any affect on your knees. ??

They not only affect my knees and hips, but make reading so difficult! wai.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Font

What Thai's are - is double jointed genetically so squatting is no issue. Us white folk simply don't have joint or bone structure to make that happen easily. And as an aging expat I was once told doing up laces after 60 is like being wrapped in a space suit. Having reached that age I have to concur. But using the starting blocks for a loo is definitely not on my agenda. But it is an easy changeover as I did it for my wifes folks down South.

I bring you good news. Doing up laces after 70 is easy.

There you go a bright future.smile.png

Man that is good news.

What Thai's are - is double jointed genetically so squatting is no issue. Us white folk simply don't have joint or bone structure to make that happen easily. And as an aging expat I was once told doing up laces after 60 is like being wrapped in a space suit. Having reached that age I have to concur. But using the starting blocks for a loo is definitely not on my agenda. But it is an easy changeover as I did it for my wifes folks down South.

Man that is good news.

It would be great if they ran a campaign about washing your hands after a dump...

It would be great if they ran a campaign about washing your hands after a dump...

Man you have hit the nail squarely on the head. One hand splashing water, the other hand wiping shit. When finished rinse the hands (maybe) with plain water and no soap. Proceed to the next task which might include eating with the hands or preparing a meal.

Squat toilets:

Seat toilets:

uh no, with a squat toilet the risk of getting splashed with infected water is higher because the impact of the rebound effect from a higher level, and thus the higher the splash. Risk also of getting extremely dirty if you slip. Also, there are hand grips on the sides of the bathroom stall for each squat toilet, which undoubtedly would be filled with germs and extremely unsanitary from the plethora of people gripping the same hand grips so they don't fall.

You don't have to crap over the water hole; indeed, you're not supposed to. You can crap anywhere in the 'slipway'.

You don't have to use the grips; it is not essential by any means, unless you're somewhat immobile or unfit.

Therefore what I said originally is fully accurate.

Edited by spr&q

Squat toilets:

Seat toilets:

Wrong. The chance of getting an infection or transmittable disease from the seat is about…….ZERO.

You would have to sit down almost immediately after someone else. Both of you having an open sore on your butt, and maybe spit, shit, and pee on each other. Licking the toilet seat might increase your chances of getting sick.

In fact, no health organization considers toilet seats to be dangerous. The biology of bacteria and viruses make transmission of diseases highly unlikely.

• Like 1

Squat toilets:

Seat toilets:

uh no, with a squat toilet the risk of getting splashed with infected water is higher because the impact of the rebound effect from a higher level, and thus the higher the splash.

no, you have to squat so your arse is just above ground level.

Squat Toilets: Prevention of Colon Cancer, IBS and Healing for Hemorrhoids?

http://voices.yahoo....607.html?cat=68

Yes, but I did not grow up with such squat Toilets cannot use them in a comfortably way!

Same, some of my Thai GFs squat on the Western style toilets, because other way, they say, they cannot make their "business" properly!

At my first visit in Isaan at my than GFs house, 98 in Chayaphum province, I slept also there.

I tried to use the squat thing, but, 3 small children, used that same toilet and small left overs of their feces could be recognized.bah.gif

seeing that, I could not do it for I think, five days!blink.png

Than I drove 80 km to Khon Kaen for shopping, checked in, to the 5* Sofitel to "relieve" myself and stayed there.

I joked that time,

if somebody from the Management of Sofitel, that had just recently before opened,

would have asked me, "Why did you come to stay in the Sofitel?"

I would have told him, -I came to shit!- tongue.png

ive no idea how youre supposed to squat, gather up your shorts and t shirt while ensuring your pockets dont empty out on the floor and while also directing the old chap rearwards to the damp patch to minimise splashback and finally teetering on the very edge to protect your trainers from whats to come.

really, ive tried many times to accomplish this task and it always ends up the same way..........i rock backwards and forwards doing the best balancing act i can but i always 'release' at the wrong trajectory.

in my latest emergency unload in chiang mai i got it so wrong that i managed to pebbledash the back wall to a height of 2 feet above the drop zone, a feat i decided to show my mate as i didnt have any hands free to find my camera.

he didnt seem to share my thoughts of amazement at how such a simple task could go so far wrong and promptly filled the sink with his dinner.

Thank you for sharing, you made me laugh out loud! cheesy.gif

I've solved that problem also.. I either wear flip-flops or slip on shoes.. bingo-bango-bongo.. biggrin.png

What Thai's are - is double jointed genetically so squatting is no issue. Us white folk simply don't have joint or bone structure to make that happen easily. <snip>

Where do you get this nonsense from?

They've been doing it all their lives, we haven't. That's the only difference.