Buying A Vehicle In Thailand. Do I Need Any Other Papers Beside What I've Already Got?

Shurup

I want to buy a bike, I think I'll get more replies here as the procedure should be the same.

I work in Thailand and I've got a Work Permit which is on my company office Address, as such, my Thai DL shows the Office Address too.

My GF (wife almost) drives a car which I'm paying for, it's on her name but I drive it too whenever I want and there been no problems with police but we all know they don't bother car drivers as much as Bike riders.

If I buy a bike and if I want to register it on my name, what other papers do I need (if any) beside what I've got already? Do I need to get a resident permit, is it a requirement too or just an option? Not sure what I need to register a vehicle on my name.

Another option for me is to buy it and register it on her name as well. Will I be able to ride a bike in this case and would I be fine with passing the police stops if it's on her name, will there be any issues?

Thanks

Silly question, but if you have a WP, why did you register the car to her name if you are paying? Many people here will always advise to keep things to your name, but of course, it all depends on how much you trust her and how much she is objectively trustworthy.

She put money down, I'm paying monthly, no problems with that. I'm still however don't know the answers to my question do I have all the necessary papers to buy and register a bike or any vehicle on my name, do I need to get the residence permit?

Yes, as I recall it was photocopy every page of your work permit and photocopy of your passport and visa.

Photocopy just of the work permit, passport and visa, and salary slip and six months bank statements in the case of finance.

Yes, as I recall it was photocopy every page of your work permit and photocopy of your passport and visa.

Photocopy just of the work permit, passport and visa, and salary slip and six months bank statements in the case of finance.

For car registration salary slip and 6 months bank statements are NOT required. They may be required, depending on finance company, for the finance of the vehicle, not for registration.

For car registration salary slip and 6 months bank statements are NOT required. They may be required, depending on finance company, for the finance of the vehicle, not for registration.

I mentioned above "in the case of finance".thumbsup.gif

I mentioned above "in the case of finance".thumbsup.gif

And you can mention lots of other things as well. He asked about registration, so it seems logical to answer about registration, and not confuse the issue with information about financing.

Thx all, yes there would be no financing. Still wondering though, can I register it anywhere in Thailand, in any province? I don't have an address here really, I don't live in any one place, live in my GF village for a bit, in BKK for a bit, Pattaya, Phuket, etc... As I mentioned there is a BKK company office address in my work permit and on my DL, does it mean I would have to reg it in BKK?

Thx all, yes there would be no financing. Still wondering though, can I register it anywhere in Thailand, in any province? I don't have an address here really, I don't live in any one place, live in my GF village for a bit, in BKK for a bit, Pattaya, Phuket, etc... As I mentioned there is a BKK company office address in my work permit and on my DL, does it mean I would have to reg it in BKK?

I didn't provide anything specific about address so I suspect it was taken from the work permit as per the driving license.

• Like 1

Yes Im almost sure you have to do this in Bkk because the transport offices operate on there own thai people can registrate it only in the office of there own province.

Hi, I am wanting to buy a truck here in Thailand, what type visa do you need or does it matter. I would be buying for cash, no bank financing. Thanks any good advice will be appreciated.

If you don t have or want it put on someone else its name, because in that case you no need any visa.

I think you need a 1 year non immigrant visa and there about 10 different types of this they say.

Hi, I am wanting to buy a truck here in Thailand, what type visa do you need or does it matter. I would be buying for cash, no bank financing. Thanks any good advice will be appreciated.

If you don t have or want it put on someone else its name, because in that case you no need any visa.

I think you need a 1 year non immigrant visa and there about 10 different types of this they say.

The requirement is a residence certificate. Some immigration offices will gives this with a visa exempt entry, others will require a visa. So any kind of visa will do, maybe even visa exempt entry.