Who's Seen 91 Benzene ?

KRS1

Someone told me today that it's being phased out. He said the last place to offer it was Shell. Something to do with the government mandated introduction of E20 gasohol.

January 1 was the last day for pure benzene 91/95 until current supplies run out.

Most of the gas stations have now removed the Benzine 91 stickers and from the pumps and on the signs. I've been using 95 Gasohol in the m/c's and they don't run very well now.

I tried the 91 Gasohol in my bike and it didnt run very well at all - less power, less fuel economy. A few other people I know noticed the same thing. I changed over to the 95 Gasohol and there has been a marked improvement over the 91.... so it seems to be the best choice out of a bad bunch.

Got some a few days ago at Shell next to Honda Airport Dealer on Hang Dong road, across from Cockpit. 47 Baht/liter. sad.png

The speed of increase will soon overtake UK prices!

In five years we'll be able to pick up used cars/trucks with only 5,000 K on the clock.

• Like 1

Most of the gas stations have now removed the Benzine 91 stickers and from the pumps and on the signs. I've been using 95 Gasohol in the m/c's and they don't run very well now.

Not surprised. Give it time and it'll screw up your carb.

Right now, I'm seeing Benzine95 for 49.60sick.gif

However my bike is running fine with gasohol 95, unfortunately I'll have to revert to benzine during the rain for staying power.

Most don't recommend gasohol in the tank if the bike is going to be sitting for a while.

It seems odd they would bring back 95 benzine. When you get better bang for the buck with 91 benzene. Seems like its all about higher consumption and tax revenue. You arent saving any money using gasohol or 95 benzine, since you cant go as far.

i got here when fuel was 9 baht per liter, spending 100 baht a week on mocyc fuel wasnt uncommon....good ol' days.

Got some a few days ago at Shell next to Honda Airport Dealer on Hang Dong road, across from Cockpit. 47 Baht/liter. sad.png

Shell makes me suspicious, i was buying 91 benzine from the huay kaew station last year...but it ended up being 91 gasohol. My fuel lines hardened on a 10 year old NSR so i know it was gasohol, i had to turn the fuel valve everytime i parked that bike.

Someone told me today that it's being phased out. He said the last place to offer it was Shell. Something to do with the government mandated introduction of E20 gasohol.

January 1 was the last day for pure benzene 91/95 until current supplies run out.

This sounds strange. My local PTT station has not sold benzine 95 for several years (only 91). For some reason, when they were out of the 91benzine a month ago, they started to sell the 95 benzine. blink.png

This sounds strange. My local PTT station has not sold benzine 95 for several years (only 91). For some reason, when they were out of the 91benzine a month ago, they started to sell the 95 benzine. blink.png

Right ? It doesnt make any sense.

Price hear 38.74 in Isaan at Moment 2 weeks ago 36,5 for 91

That must be for 91 E10, 91 benzene would be 46-47 baht/litre.

Ref stopping of benzene 91 and increasing availability of benzene 95... Government want to decrease the use of benzene (especially with current escalating price) but have to recognise that some vehicles, cars and motorcycles, cannot use 91 gasohol, also some high performance cars require at least 95 benzene.

If you used 91 benzene previously then 95 benzene is usually ok. So the sale of just 95 benzene satisfies both groups.