Living Near Nakhon Sawan

martinkb

Sorry, I live near Takfa a town about 90 kilometers from Nakhon Sawan. Unfortunately it is south east and your village is west, so I'm about 180 kilos away. Been here 15 years but can still speak English but don't very much as there are no English speaking people that live near me other than the children that want to practice their English for school. My exposure to farangs, other than the internet, is a trip to either Big C or Tesco where the contact is usually a "grunt" as we pass by each other.

thanks for the reply wayne. i see your profile pic is golden retriever, do you have a dog? I have 5 german shepherds and 1 golden retriever, the german shepherds i breed, keeps me busy and its something i am passionate about. without them i could go stir crazy

post-171874-0-93027000-1361433257_thumb.

Actually I have 10 dogs. The Golden that's my avatar, Joey, died last month, he was only 8 but had liver problems. I raised Goldens in the states and for a while here but now have only one left along with a 12 year old Lab. The other 8 are Thai mutts that have adopted us , actually my wife picked them up, over the past years. All run free and have full access to the house, so I live in a 320 sq. mtr. dog house. Like you, I'm a passonate dog lover. I told my wife that Joey's ghost was sleeping beside the bed and she actually went into the other bedroom to sleep and they don't snore!

There is an American who lives somewhat near you but he works offshore most of the time. Sorry but I have forgotten his name at the moment.

I live about 70km northwest of you on the otherside of the Mae Wong national park not far from Klong Lan.

thanks for that billd

your only down the road, many westerners where you are? are you here fulltime/ i have been living/working here 5 years, just having sometime off at the moment, back to work in july

I am retired here . There is a Swiss guy who is a bit further up the road also full time, an Aussie, a Dane and a Dutch guy parttime, another Aussie about 25 km away towards Khampaeng Phet and a few farangs in Khampaeng Phet. I know a Brit (like me) an Austrian and possibly a Kiwi if he is still there in Nakhon Sawan but we are mostly scattered about in this neck of the woods.

thanks again bill, do you know anything about the farang get together at big c, i was passing through one day and i saw a table full of guys, looked like they were having a good time, table was full of beer, could have been around xmas time, sure i read somewhere its a regular thing. good news is i have made contact with a guy local to me and i am meeting him for a beer tomorrow. where in the uk you from, i am from preston, north west.

thanks again bill, do you know anything about the farang get together at big c, i was passing through one day and i saw a table full of guys, looked like they were having a good time, table was full of beer, could have been around xmas time, sure i read somewhere its a regular thing. good news is i have made contact with a guy local to me and i am meeting him for a beer tomorrow. where in the uk you from, i am from preston, north west.

You must be talking about the beer bar in the old BigC at Nakwan.

I only get down that way for my 90 day reports and visa extension now.

I normally go the Khampaneg Phet BigC as it is only 65km each way rather than the 125 km it used to be but no beer bar in there.

I was born and brought up in Poole, Dorset in the deep south of the UK but I mostly left in 1960 when I joined the RAF and finnnnnally cut my ties in 1973 when my Mum died.

I finally quit the UK in 1999 though by then I had been working offshore since 1991.

hello

i live in tahkli doors always open for a chat or a beer in my garden

Big Doors! Takhli is about 140 kilometers from where the OP lives. It is however only 30 kilometers from where I live near Takfa, the next town east on highway1.

hello

i live in tahkli doors always open for a chat or a beer in my garden

Big Doors! Takhli is about 140 kilometers from where the OP lives. It is however only 30 kilometers from where I live near Takfa, the next town east on highway1.

The OP is about 75 km from where I live.

i will introduce myself next time wooloo, last time i was rushing with the kids doing xmas shopping, i was wondering if there is any particular day/time everybody meets up there. i could that way maybe plan my shopping trips to the big city to coincide with a chin wag in big c smile.png

• 5 months later...

I'm making my first ever visit to NS tomorrow, only booked a hotel for 2 nights to see how we (me, wife and 1 year old son) get on but will stay for longer if we enjoy it.

Not really looking for a bar for drinking as with my family but anywhere I should go or do?

Like Possum I am Scottish. Going by your avatar Possum, don't suppose you support the same team as me?

I'm making my first ever visit to NS tomorrow, only booked a hotel for 2 nights to see how we (me, wife and 1 year old son) get on but will stay for longer if we enjoy it.

Not really looking for a bar for drinking as with my family but anywhere I should go or do?

Like Possum I am Scottish. Going by your avatar Possum, don't suppose you support the same team as me?

Probably not, was your team liquidated? What two nights are you in Nakhon Sawan? I could maybe come down and say hello.

• 3 weeks later...

A group of expats play golf every Monday and Friday around 9:30 A.M. at the Jiraprawat Golf Course (15° 39.778'N 100° 7.486'E). We play for the fun of it; every once in awhile we actually connect with the golf ball. Newcomers are always welcome.