Transfer Money To Paypal

My wife set up a link between her Thai bank account & Paypal. It was to transfer FROM Paypal TO her bank (I think Kasikorn), but I imagine it would work in the other direction as well. It was crazy difficult for her since she was in the States at the time; it will probably be easier for you. She had to wait until she went back to Thailand for a visit.

What you will need is a monthly bill regularly sent to your home, showing your mailing address. This can be tuition, utility or phone bill. Other proof of residence is not acceptable. Since my wife had no bills in her name, she had to sign up for a monthly cell phone service and wait for the first bill to come in. You will also need 1-2 months of bank statements from your bank.

Once you have all that, scan & upload them to Paypal and they will set up the link.

No you can't.

But you don't need to either!

Any payment you want to do with paypal will simply get billed to the card you registered.

The only card I have experience with is the Bangkok Bank Be1st debit card (pretty much the standard ATM card Bkk Bank gives to it's customers) works perfectly fine.

If you have funds already in paypal (somebody else sent you funds or you got a refund from a purchase), and you want to pay something, by default the system will use your paypal funds first, and charge your card for the remainder if your paypal funds is insufficient, or alternatively you charge your card for the complete amount and leave the paypal funds in your account...

My wife set up a link between her Thai bank account & Paypal. It was to transfer FROM Paypal TO her bank (I think Kasikorn), but I imagine it would work in the other direction as well. It was crazy difficult for her since she was in the States at the time; it will probably be easier for you. She had to wait until she went back to Thailand for a visit.

What you will need is a monthly bill regularly sent to your home, showing your mailing address. This can be tuition, utility or phone bill. Other proof of residence is not acceptable. Since my wife had no bills in her name, she had to sign up for a monthly cell phone service and wait for the first bill to come in. You will also need 1-2 months of bank statements from your bank.

Once you have all that, scan & upload them to Paypal and they will set up the link.

Nowhere near as difficult here. If you registered (verified) a Thai debit card with your account, then sending paypal funds to your Thai bank only requires you to enter your bank details.

The only thing you have to be careful with is that when you register your paypal account, the name used has to be EXACTLY the same as it is shown in your bankbook, including middle name and/or all initials if the show in your bank book!

Very detailed step by step tutorial to do this with a Bangkok Bank Be1st card.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/606880-paypal-verification-query/#entry5954954

Do note, if you don't have internet banking, you can also get the paypal code (needed for your verification) by calling bualuang phone system (1333), get an operator and explain. Keep your atm card handy, somewhere they will ask you to punch in your card number and pin code, to verify you are who you say you are!

Ok,i checked my Paypall acc. and it accepts only Canadian or US banks.

All the above is only valid with Thai paypal accounts. If you registered a paypal account outside of Thailand, then you cannot link to a Thai bank.

Creating a new Thai paypal account is easy enough to do while in Thailand, and the only way if you want to tie your paypal account to the Thai banking system!

Bangkok Bank has a New York City office with a bank routing number that is used for transfers bewtween accounts in the US and Thailand. Simply open an account there- you can do it online- then use that branch address and routing number for Paypal and you should have no trouble.

...through Singapore....

...on my second attempt....either the U.S. site was down during the night.....or Paypal could not convert Thai baht and U.S.D.....

....now my account is blocked....and the process to unblock it is....monumental...

....makes me wonder about Singapore....with such a great world reputation......

No you can't.

Any payment you want to do with paypal will simply get billed to the card you registered.

The only card I have experience with is the Bangkok Bank Be1st debit card (pretty much the standard ATM card Bkk Bank gives to it's customers) works perfectly fine.

If you have funds already in paypal (somebody else sent you funds or you got a refund from a purchase), and you want to pay something, by default the system will use your paypal funds first, and charge your card for the remainder if your paypal funds is insufficient, or alternatively you charge your card for the complete amount and leave the paypal funds in your account...

Yea, I have my Bangkok Bank Be1st card linked to PayPal also. After getting it linked on my U.S. PayPal account a couple years ago I used it once as the source of payment for an Ebay buy just to confirm it would work...and it did along with a crappy exchange rate/fees. But I've never tried to pull/transfer cash....I doubt it would work for transferring cash out of Thailand since Bank of Thailand regulations force Thai banks to pretty limit outbound transfers for very specific and pre-approved reasons...and for farangs (non-Thai citizens) it pretty much limited to salary repatriation (minus taxes). Now I'm talking transfer via ibanking/PayPal type means; not transfer you may be able to do at the bank counter.

No you can't.

Yea, I have my Bangkok Bank Be1st card linked to PayPal also. After getting it linked on my U.S. PayPal account a couple years ago I used it once as the source of payment for an Ebay buy just to confirm it would work...and it did along with a crappy exchange rate/fees. But I've never tried to pull/transfer cash....I doubt it would work for transferring cash out of Thailand since Bank of Thailand regulations force Thai banks to pretty limit outbound transfers for very specific and pre-approved reasons...and for farangs (non-Thai citizens) it pretty much limited to salary repatriation (minus taxes). Now I'm talking transfer via ibanking/PayPal type means; not transfer you may be able to do at the bank counter.

Would the exchange rates not be so bad, paypal would be quite convenient to instantly move funds out of Thailand.

E.g. Thai debit card to Thai paypal, to US paypal, to US bank account...

Works just fine but rather expensive...