Moving To Thailand, Visa Questions!

Hi,

I'm Married to a Thai lady and we both live in England at the moment. Are Plans are to move to Thailand in the not to distant future once my wife gets Natralization in England.

Once i head off to Thailand for Good i will to go the Thai Consulate in England and get a Non Immigrant O multiple entry visa.

My Questions are:-

When 90 days are nearly up what is the procedure?

Do i need to do a Visa Run?

What are the Costs Involved?

Do i need to report to immigration?

I Will be living near Rayong, Where is the nearest visa Run?

What Paper work do i need?

Does a lump Sum of Cash In my Thai Bank account Help?

Sorry to ask Questions that have been answered before, just want to clear it all up in my own mind.

Many Thanks Andy

Hi,

I'm Married to a Thai lady and we both live in England at the moment. Are Plans are to move to Thailand in the not to distant future once my wife gets Natralization in England.

Once i head off to Thailand for Good i will to go the Thai Consulate in England and get a Non Immigrant O multiple entry visa.

Sorry to ask Questions that have been answered before, just want to clear it all up in my own mind.

Many Thanks Andy

Hi there,

A ) How old are you and :D Money surely helps here (if over 50 years of age have 800000 THB on this account)C) nearest Border is Cambodia so the Vise Run would go there

rcm :o

Hi,

Many Thanks Andy

You are married to a Thai so if you have 400,000 baht in a bank in Thailand you are able to extend your visa for a year at a time. The applicable annual fee is 1900 baht. When you have a 12 month extension you need to report yourself to Immigration every 90 days. You need to go into Immigration with the wife, her ID card, your marriage papers, your bank book, and a letter from the bank evidencing the account balance. Take a few photographs of you together to show 'em.

Hi,

Many Thanks Andy

You are married to a Thai so if you have 400,000 baht in a bank in Thailand you are able to extend your visa for a year at a time. The applicable annual fee is 1900 baht. When you have a 12 month extension you need to report yourself to Immigration every 90 days. You need to go into Immigration with the wife, her ID card, your marriage papers, your bank book, and a letter from the bank evidencing the account balance. Take a few photographs of you together to show 'em.

The 400,000 baht is no Problem, does this mean i just report to the local immigration office and no visa runs are required?

Hi,

Many Thanks Andy

The 400,000 baht is no Problem, does this mean i just report to the local immigration office and no visa runs are required?

No runs whatsoever Andy. Just annual renewals. If you do leave the country, ensure that you have a re-entry permit before yyou leave. You get them at an immigration office, or at the airport from immigration. All you do is report every 90 days. Good luck.

Hi,

Many Thanks Andy

Hi there,

A ) How old are you and :D Money surely helps here (if over 50 years of age have 800000 THB on this account)C) nearest Border is Cambodia so the Vise Run would go there

rcm :o

37 in 2 days time :D

Hi,

Many Thanks Andy

No runs whatsoever Andy. Just annual renewals. If you do leave the country, ensure that you have a re-entry permit before yyou leave. You get them at an immigration office, or at the airport from immigration. All you do is report every 90 days. Good luck.

Thanks for your Helpfull Quick replies, Andy :D

Long answer by the numbers:

1. 400k in a Thai bank account which can be proven to originate from outside Thailand (wire transfer) is the requirement for a support Thai wife extension of stay for a 90 day visa entry on a non immigrant O visa. You do this during the last 30 days so you have two months to get the money here. Be sure to set up a wire transfer agreement with your bank prior to moving here. I am assuming you have foreign income and will not be working here - if not the monthly pay requirement is 40k baht with a work permit.

2. There is a requirement for 90 day address reporting which can be done in person or by mail when on an extension of stay. Assuming you don't travel often. If you do travel a re-entry permit is required at 1,000 baht or 3,800 baht for a years worth.

3. The official paperwork is:

Required Documents

Immigration Form 7

Copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

A 1,900 baht application fee

Marriage Certificate

Birth Certificate (if any)

Financial evidence showing financial status of the husband

Bank account pass-book, personal bank statement of the account owner.

Evidence indicating income along with related documents. If receiving pension, a document of pension payment certified by the embassy or consulate of the country that pays pension is needed.

In case of working in Thailand, Work permit and evidence of tax payment are required.

Documents indicating Thai nationality or permanent residence of the wife such as identification card (ID), census registration address / residence identification, or passport (in case that the wife is a permanent resident)

A record of interviewing the applicant and his wife.

Applicant must accompany his wife to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

Evidence certified by the applicant's embassy or consulate showing the applicant's marital status.

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents from the applicant if necessary.

Wife of Thai nationality:

TM. 7

Passport copy

Passport picture (4x6 cm)

Application fee 1,900.- Baht

Marriage certificate

House register and identification card of wife

Birth certificate of children (if any)

Interview record of applicant and wife

Applicant must accompany his wife to the Immigration Bureau office to certify of all the documents. The couple will be able to confirm that they are still husband and wife.

Financial documentation:

- Bank statement and copy of bank account showing at least 400,000.- Baht deposit

- Employment evidence, work permit, and tax documentation showing an income of at least 40,000.- Baht.

Just a question

What if I don't need to support my wife - she has her own money, but just want to live with her in Thailand. How much money do I have to show then?

Makes no difference if you actually support her or not, you still need the 400k. The reason for the extension is still 'support of thai wife'.

Andy,

you wrote

As you are going to obtain a extension of stay permit based on marriage( support of a Thai national) no need to obtain a multi entry visa in the UK. Its not needed and you'll save around 3,200 Baht. Just get a single entry visa in the UK. If you need to leave while in Thailand you'll just get a reentry permit here. ( once you apply for the extension of stay based on business, the multi entry visa is worthless)

www.lawyer.th.com

Just a question

What if I don't need to support my wife - she has her own money, but just want to live with her in Thailand. How much money do I have to show then?

Immigration is sexist.

Women are not allowed to support men,

though it often happens in Thai society.